Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Im constantly bored of my mage

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Every class will eventually have to train tediously.
    From the looks of it, Aran looks much more interactive, so you could wait two days to make one of those.
    Going to be extremely laggy though, i can still remember the lag when KoCs first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aperature View Post
    Polearms are soooo expensive now.
    I'm sure he'll just go unfunded anyway but man are they going to be expensive.
    Poor Wiggy, NPCed her nicely scrolled Zedbug.

oh, and going unfunded is still fine. Their mp requirement for their skills are pretty low (unless their skills are fast like a slinger's double shot). and i heard that they get free pole arm weapons during the aran event (not sure about this)?
    by Cryopon

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    uhhh err ... then what class is considered fun to you guys? I like to fight .... but not have to train to tediously ....
    Again, I say HP Priest is fun, simply for the sheer juggling of using claw and Heal without MG. But it's not for most ppl, so second, I'd say Warriors. It seems lame, but once you get final attack, and all the bells& whistles it's extremely cool. Plus, the classes unlike Bowmen and Magicians, couldn't be more different. You have an elemental sword user, a combo user, and a mass effect/support user, all with very different ways of using the same stuff. Plus, the type is very forgiving, you can go Dexless and still hit, you can go up to 2 Dex until about level 30 and still deal decent damage. Go with Warrior.

Personally, I've never really had much skill with thieves, so I wouldn't recommend this. Bowman has too much cost of rebuying since you can't simply buy rare arrows and recharge them, unlike the other ammo classes, you have to keep buying ammo batches. Pirate has basically the same makeup as thieves, but for str and dex. In other words, it should be like a warrior, but suckier defense usually gets in the way. I ended up using alot of pots on this one (although not quite as much as later with the page due to Slash Blast). You could try magician, they have sucky defense like the pirate but at least they have ranged attack which restores with time instead of with money spent. Or you could try the newest thing, Aran, which if you're GMS comes out tomorrow.

Btw, if you're bored with any class, be sure to sell any rare items for the max they're worth. I decided my Page was still too expensive to train outside PQ (the Final Attack being mastered would save the money, but it was still a few levels off), and I was having trouble with CPQ2. So I went to FM and sold my fairly godly hammer (+15 STR) for a bit over 11mil, and sold the Dark Crystal I had saved up for another mil, and then sold a bunch of the other items, making over 500k. I bought a cheap Polearm, and put any really good armors I'd been saving into storage in hopes they are usable by the Aran. The only regret is that I couldn't get more use out of the class, because as fun as it was, I was still wasting pots like crazy. Still, I recouped my losses from expanding my guild.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 9th December 2009 at 11:37 AM.

Just so you know, Thunder Breakers and Brawlers are extremely ***. They have high HP AND MP at a low level, so their pot cost is much higher than other classes.

But I guess it's lower since they don't have to pot so often, but still, you're going to be getting high leveled pots pretty early o-o.
    Hey cools I don't have a spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by pWnZIngY0U34 View Post
    mayB try bigfoot. its godd exp to lvl up with

ops i mean good*
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme702 View Post
    CDFA's just a total dumbass half the forum knows that by now...

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Fyi, Arrow costs are pretty much void for bowmen. After lvl 35 or so they get soul arrow.
    I literally made 10,000 arrows last lvl 1-35. This is only 10k.
    10k should not deter you from a class.

Edit:again, defense really isn't much of a factor in choosing classes. Pot costs ARE.
    Obviously skilled range classes will have a lower pot cost than heavy hitting melee classes.

Spoiler!

Well im guesing arans will be a good class ... not cause theyre new ... but it'll keep me awake ... wooohoooo .... i might make a bowman ... but im again torn between the 2 choices .. sniper = hard hitting but a tad slower ... ranger = fast hitting but a tad weaker ... given same builds and same funding
    Save your own ass before you save someone elses because your no help to anyone else dead.
    -Ronald's one and only quote. If yall didnt ask me ... yall cant use it.

GoldShifter -Dual Blade- 3x Bera

Goals: Start Maple Again [x] Make a Person [x] 2nd Job [] 3rd Job [] 4th Job [] Level 200 [] Go Bossing [] Kill Zak and HT [] I start out small and work my way up

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    Well im guesing arans will be a good class ... not cause theyre new ... but it'll keep me awake ... wooohoooo .... i might make a bowman ... but im again torn between the 2 choices .. sniper = hard hitting but a tad slower ... ranger = fast hitting but a tad weaker ... given same builds and same funding
    bowmen will put you to sleep from 1st-3rd job.

yeah ... i have enough trouble with my WA
    Save your own ass before you save someone elses because your no help to anyone else dead.

Goals: Start Maple Again [x] Make a Person [x] 2nd Job [] 3rd Job [] 4th Job [] Level 200 [] Go Bossing [] Kill Zak and HT [] I start out small and work my way up

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CDFA View Post
    Just so you know, Thunder Breakers and Brawlers are extremely ***. They have high HP AND MP at a low level, so their pot cost is much higher than other classes.

But I guess it's lower since they don't have to pot so often, but still, you're going to be getting high leveled pots pretty early o-o.
    The way I trained they definitely did. I was usually training against creatures that were at least my level to level up faster. I got to 33 in like two days but had to spend 1mil or so in pots.

Stick with your mage and become an ice mage, freezing stuff NEVER gets old. Honestly. Three years on and I still lol at the monster's expressions when I freeze them.
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

ill prolly liek make a BM or Sniper depending on pros and cons.