Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aran guide v.00 (beta)

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    Hey guys, I heard this was a cool thread, but I rate this thread 0 stars, and here is why:
    1)No content, wtf I came to read, not look at letters, screw you!
    2)Updates about as often as Nexon. Bring back Wizet!
    3)Terrible customer service. Srsly, stop it.
    4)You're ugly, and I bet your mom is too (bonus points for naming song title)
    5)Wut is dis shiot?
    6)You're not even a pro at Aran yet. Everyone knows you HAVE TO BE PRO to write a guide.
    yes, lets bring back wizet, a company created, owned, and fully apart of nexon, cause nexon had nothing to do with wizet *rolls eyes*

Goals: 45 [X] 50 [X] 60 [X] Crusader [ ] Solo Mushmom [ ] Solo Zombie Mushmom [ ] Solo Mushdad [ ] Make new sets of goals [ ]

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Hey guys, I heard this was a cool thread, but I rate this thread 0 stars, and here is why:
    1)No content, wtf I came to read, not look at letters, screw you!
    2)Updates about as often as Nexon. Bring back Wizet!
    3)Terrible customer service. Srsly, stop it.
    4)You're ugly, and I bet your mom is too (bonus points for naming song title)
    5)Wut is dis shiot?
    6)You're not even a pro at Aran yet. Everyone knows you HAVE TO BE PRO to write a guide.
    Not to write a special build guide, or a fast leveling guide. You can be as noob as you want if you write a "super special noob HP priest FTL guide." (hint: mine) Or a "I leveled from 1-64 in two days" guide. But generally, you should be at least 3rd level in most cases to write a class guide.

I stand by my assertion that alot of Arans are noobs that can't cut it with other classes and so are looking for an easy one. Anyone who can make it to Aran lvl 50 by the end of December is exempt from this (probably won't qualify myself, since I was delayed a few days from my Aran due to stupid AVG deletion).

Define pro pyro

Quote Originally Posted by TheHalfAsian View Post
    Also y is pyrofyr such a douche?
    He's not, just ignore him

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    I stand by my assertion that alot of Arans are noobs that can't cut it with other classes and so are looking for an easy one. Anyone who can make it to Aran lvl 50 by the end of December is exempt from this (probably won't qualify myself, since I was delayed a few days from my Aran due to stupid AVG deletion).
    Well, the aim of maple is to have fun, so far i find arans really fun (until they jack up my left hand pinky bone).

Just because people choose arans doesn't mean that they can't do it with another class. This is like saying someone is choosing a mage because they can't do it with another class.
    by Cryopon

Banned

DId a little bit of changes and copy+pasted some builds.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeStorm View Post
    yes, lets bring back wizet, a company created, owned, and fully apart of nexon, cause nexon had nothing to do with wizet *rolls eyes*
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Not to write a special build guide, or a fast leveling guide. You can be as noob as you want if you write a "super special noob HP priest FTL guide." (hint: mine) Or a "I leveled from 1-64 in two days" guide. But generally, you should be at least 3rd level in most cases to write a class guide.

You're a retard sir. Wizet was a subsidiary of Nexon KOREA. Nexon America was a subsidiary of Nexon KOREA. Wizet was never owned or operated by Nexon of America. Wizet handled the game, Nexon handled business. Problem is they wanted to unify their names, get rid of Wizet (despite being the only reason that you actually have an English maple today, because Nexon of America gave up on it during beta) and pretty much just get money and have minimal support via NoA.

You have to be pro to write a guide on a character mang, I know, I've written several. If you don't know what you're doing, you might as well delete it, if you don't have the mental capacity of a typical human being, you might as well delete it. Level has nothing to do with when you write guides. I wrote better guides when my chief bandit was level 50 than I saw written by people who were level 90 at the time (back when DerangedCow was popular). It's about knowing what you're writing about, trying ALL the different angles, and plotting it all out properly supporting your ideas along the way. Not just saying "Hey guys I trained here cuz it's good but u nid money". Getting to level 50 by the end of december still qualifies you as a noob, I have no funding and could make it to 50 within a week, anyone who can't either hasn't played Maple for over a month, or is clinically retarded. Ask any older members.

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    Define pro pyro

He's not, just ignore him

Well, the aim of maple is to have fun, so far i find arans really fun (until they jack up my left hand pinky bone).

Just because people choose arans doesn't mean that they can't do it with another class. This is like saying someone is choosing a mage because they can't do it with another class.
    Pro is a state of mind. Pros think before they do. Pros don't start ****, and they are experienced and educated in the game that they play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulation View Post
    DId a little bit of changes and copy+pasted some builds.
    It's good now bro, keep it up.

Suggestions:
    Think about using BBCode, if you have any experience with it. Use the text editor on "Advanced", and make it look good, clicking preview before you post it. I'll post an example of a prettied up version of yours in a second.
    Gone with the wind

Aran guide v0.1

Table of Contents

1 Builds
    1.1 Fail FTW's Build
    1.2 emailbox's Build
    2 Training areas
    3 Extra information
    4 Links
    5 Credits

Builds

FailFTW's Build

- Max double swing
    - Max Combo
    - 16 Booster
    - Max Flash scoot

emailbox's Normal kMS Build

1st Job
    - Max Double Swing
    - 1 combo thingy in there somewhere
    - 16 booster
    - Max Hax step
    - Max Combo

2nd Job
    - 3 Trip. Swing
    - 19 Mastery
    - 4 Trip. Swing (For level 7 TS)
    - save 20 points
    - Max Combo Smash (at 45)
    - Max Trip swing
    - Max Drain *
    - 21 rush *
    - Finish mastery *
    - body pressure *

* - Complete these in any order you like. Recommended: level 1 rush, 16 Drain, level 21 rush, max drain, finish body pressure
    Training Areas

Extra Information

Links

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Sienna][U]Credits

-----------
    Ths was just an example and looks kind of ugly, I normally go with red tones. Brown ends up too light at the end so whatever. In any case, that took me 2 seconds and is better than just a glob of text.
    Gone with the wind

Banned

Thanks pyro, updated.

Banned

A few tweaks, looking for 3rd job builds!

here's my 2 cents

doubleswing, max combo as soon as it's available, max doubleswing, max combat step, because leaping off of ledges is fun. the rest of the points into booster.

2nd job, put 1 point into triple swing, 6 points into body pressure, and then max triple swing.

I say to put the 6 points into body pressure, because that's 30% chance to cancel a mob's touch attack, which, your normal attacks ALSO trigger this buff, so you do touch damage, + attack + double swing + triple swing. thats 4 30% chances to negate. that gives you the best odds to not take touch damage, and will save you SO much on pots, even in CPQ. however, then you must max triple swing.

After triple swing max, max mastery. I say triple swing before mastery, because you'll probably be in CPQ during these levels, so you'll be able to hit almost everything no problem, especially if you already capped your dex.

I don't recommend putting ANY points into combo drain Unless you plan on maxing it soon. if you put any into it, max it next, because it SUCKS until later levels. 1% at lv 1, 7% at mastered. 7% leach on 1000 damage is 70, you might only do that much every few swings. Most of the time you'll be leaching like 5-10, until you get it maxed, at which case you can leach insane amounts. say you do 5000 in a swing, and hit all 12 you can, 7%, 350 per monster, 12 monsters, 4700 hp leached? 3 hits for 14000 leach. thats crazy. once you crack 1K consistently, and have this maxed, you might not need potions for a long time.

After maxing triple swing and mastery however, you won't be consistently hitting for 1.5K, you'll probably be getting 400-800 per hit, with the occasional +1K. thats like 50 HP leach, while your taking possibly 200 damage, not worth it, I suggest maxing body pressure next to get it out of the way, because body pressure hits count for combos.

that's about as far as I've gotten, i just hit lv 40 earlier today, so... thats where my room for commenting on the aran ends. I also don't know what levels you get skills at this point so.... i can't base anything on that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Miles_T3h_r4t View Post
    here's my 2 cents

2nd job, put 1 point into triple swing, 6 points into body pressure, and then max triple swing.

I say to put the 6 points into body pressure, because that's 30% chance to cancel a mob's touch attack, which, your normal attacks ALSO trigger this buff, so you do touch damage, + attack + double swing + triple swing. thats 4 30% chances to negate. that gives you the best odds to not take touch damage, and will save you SO much on pots, even in CPQ. however, then you must max triple swing.

BP is useless at this level, you can pot right out of any attack easily, and it's not hard to pick up a pot in CPQ. TS, mastery and combo smash are MUCH more important at this level.

After triple swing max, max mastery. I say triple swing before mastery, because you'll probably be in CPQ during these levels, so you'll be able to hit almost everything no problem, especially if you already capped your dex.

Mastery first, then 7 TS. Mastery for the obvious damage stabilization issue, and because the accuracy helps tons when you're not able to access a scorpio or any other acc equips, and want to cap low.

I don't recommend putting ANY points into combo drain Unless you plan on maxing it soon. if you put any into it, max it next, because it SUCKS until later levels. 1% at lv 1, 7% at mastered. 7% leach on 1000 damage is 70, you might only do that much every few swings. Most of the time you'll be leaching like 5-10, until you get it maxed, at which case you can leach insane amounts. say you do 5000 in a swing, and hit all 12 you can, 7%, 350 per monster, 12 monsters, 4700 hp leached? 3 hits for 14000 leach. thats crazy. once you crack 1K consistently, and have this maxed, you might not need potions for a long time.

You get this 51-57, as soon as you hit 2% drain you can potless train in most spots.

After maxing triple swing and mastery however, you won't be consistently hitting for 1.5K, you'll probably be getting 400-800 per hit, with the occasional +1K. thats like 50 HP leach, while your taking possibly 200 damage, not worth it, I suggest maxing body pressure next to get it out of the way, because body pressure hits count for combos.

Saving points to max combo smash ASAP, no maxed TS til after 45.

that's about as far as I've gotten, i just hit lv 40 earlier today, so... thats where my room for commenting on the aran ends. I also don't know what levels you get skills at this point so.... i can't base anything on that.
    comments in size 1.