Thread: Preplanned Crossbowman Build

Default Preplanned Crossbowman Build

So I started up a to be Crossbowman on Galicia (Loving it), I'm unfunded (of course) till about 4x when I'll get nx for Christmas. I've preplanned my build from 10-200 (I like doing that :P) and I wanted opinions.

1st Job
    Spoiler!

2nd Job
    Spoiler!

3rd Job-
    Note: Leaving Mortal Blow at level 5 till 109 was a bit iffy to me but I feel I it should be fine because I'll need the points for Puppet, Arrow Erruption, Eagle, etc.
    Spoiler!

4th Job
    Note: I realize I'm getting a lot of my main attacks a little later, (getting SE and MW first lol..) but I really want to boss later in game and I really doubt there will be a lot of people with max SE and level 20 MW in HT when we get enough people to take it down on a regular basis. I doubt I'll have MW 20 by then, so in that case I'll just put my points into Piercing Arrow till I do manage to get it.

Note 2: Should I get Frostprey earlier?
    Spoiler!

Any suggestions would be very appreciated, I've never made a Crossbowman before.
    Last edited by Aperature; 17th December 2009 at 10:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    PAPULATAPATAPUS

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

The build looks good, just keep one thing in mind.
    4th job skillbooks will be extremely difficult to obtain in Galicia. Sharp Eyes 20 (perhaps your most important skillbook) drops from Pianus. In most servers it is rare, but if we can time the spawns, we should be able to get you SE20 before most other people (assuming you hit 120 before most people xP). I'll be more than willing to help, I do have some experience tracking and timing boss spawns.
    *Not to depress you, but I failed 7 SE20s on my BM, so be prepared*

I actually think it's good getting SE later. I personally upgraded Hurricane to 21 first, and I think that attack skills (Like marksman boost) are better for YOUR character than SE, especially since you will probably hunt the books yourself. Keep marksman boost at 28 for now though, it caps out Mastery at 27 and gets 1 more w/att at 28. 28-30 is just 1 w/att.
    Instead of Dragons Breath, get 1 SE. 1 SE may not seem like much, but it really is noticeable (even if only for 10 seconds). When newt training, you freeze, kill, SE, freeze, kill, SE...etc.

Spoiler!

Mushmom

The first job build is pretty bog-standard.

Second Job: You can't get Soul Arrow straight away: You need 5 points in Booster which needs 5 points in Mastery so the earliest you can get it is level 34. I would suggest
    1 IA, 5 Mastery, 5 Booster, 2 SA then another point in Booster to sync them. Also, NEVER EVER EVER put more than 3 points into Blessing. Put the rest into PKB.

Third job: You probably will want to put at least one point into Blizzard within the first few levels. Something doesn't add up right with your points: You've got 30+30+21+15+20+20+12=148. You might want to put one more point into Eagle and 2 more into Thrust.

Fourth: You should get 6 SE ASAP for a reasonable timer and for party reasons. You may also want to put a point into Snipe earlier purely for enjoyment.
    Bera
    EliteBows-Level 200 Bowmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jayzilla View Post
    So how much exactly does it cost to join the guild. I'd like to join on my Aran.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    Just your soul.

The build looks good, just keep one thing in mind.
    4th job skillbooks will be extremely difficult to obtain in Galicia. Sharp Eyes 20 (perhaps your most important skillbook) drops from Pianus. In most servers it is rare, but if we can time the spawns, we should be able to get you SE20 before most other people (assuming you hit 120 before most people xP).
    I'm completely ready to sit down and get to 120. I'm also working on that Diligent Explorer medal so I'll be on at least 3 hours a day. Thanks by the way.

I know about boss timing and I'd really appreciate the help on that.

I'll be more than willing to help, I do have some experience tracking and timing boss spawns.
    *Not to depress you, but I failed 7 SE20s on my BM, so be prepared*
    Ouch.

I actually think it's good getting SE later. I personally upgraded Hurricane to 21 first, and I think that attack skills (Like marksman boost) are better for YOUR character than SE, especially since you will probably hunt the books yourself. Keep marksman boost at 28 for now though, it caps out Mastery at 27 and gets 1 more w/att at 28. 28-30 is just 1 w/att.
    Instead of Dragons Breath, get 1 SE. 1 SE may not seem like much, but it really is noticeable (even if only for 10 seconds). When newt training, you freeze, kill, SE, freeze, kill, SE...etc.
    Yea, I'm thinking about getting SE to 6 like Elitemage said, (read a bit farther below) 1 point into snipe, getting Marksman Boost to 27, then 10 points into MW followed by maxing out Piercing Arrow. I'll update my 4th job build later.

Quote Originally Posted by Elitemage56 View Post
    The first job build is pretty bog-standard.

Second Job: You can't get Soul Arrow straight away: You need 5 points in Booster which needs 5 points in Mastery so the earliest you can get it is level 34. I would suggest
    1 IA, 5 Mastery, 5 Booster, 2 SA then another point in Booster to sync them. Also, NEVER EVER EVER put more than 3 points into Blessing. Put the rest into PKB.
    Oh, my bad. I didn't notice the 5 booster requirement.
    And I heard putting PKB to 11 was just fine, what's wrong with 6 extra points into Blessing?

Third job: You probably will want to put at least one point into Blizzard within the first few levels. Something doesn't add up right with your points: You've got 30+30+21+15+20+20+12=148. You might want to put one more point into Eagle and 2 more into Thrust.
    I'm leaving Eagle at 15 because you only need Eagle to be level 15 for Frostprey. So I'll probably just put 3 points into Thrust if I find what's wrong.

Thanks for finding that.

Fourth: You should get 6 SE ASAP for a reasonable timer and for party reasons. You may also want to put a point into Snipe earlier purely for enjoyment.
    I wanted Snipe early for enjoyment anyway. :p

I'll rework my build later.
    Last edited by Aperature; 15th December 2009 at 06:49 AM.
    PAPULATAPATAPUS

Mushmom

Quote Originally Posted by Aperature View Post
    Oh, my bad. I didn't notice the 5 booster requirement.
    And I heard putting PKB to 11 was just fine, what's wrong with 9 extra points into Blessing?

Archers do not need any more accuracy. I've always left mine at 3 and then only time I've missed something is probably in Darkness. PKB is the only other skill worth putting points into so you may as well max it.

I'm leaving Eagle at 15 because you only need Eagle to be level 15 for Frostprey. So I'll probably just put 3 points into Thrust if I find what's wrong.

Getting Eagle from 15-->16 increase the stun chance by 2% which I would have thought would be better than one extra speed.
    @Mortal Blow: Leaving it at level 5 is ok as at that time you will probably be training at Newties where you will be sniping them.

P.S Level 1 Sharp Eyes is indescribably annoying.
    Bera
    EliteBows-Level 200 Bowmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jayzilla View Post
    So how much exactly does it cost to join the guild. I'd like to join on my Aran.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    Just your soul.

I pretty much revamped 70-200 and made a few changes to 30-70.

Feeling a lot better about my 4th job build too.
    PAPULATAPATAPUS

Sao ông không ghi đầy đủ ra kết quả sau 1 job để người ta c̣n biết !:D