Thread: 2nd job skill build(s) needed

Default 2nd job skill build(s) needed

I would need the 2nd job skill build plz, since I just reached lvl 30.
    Goals: lvl50 [x] ¸ lvl 70 [x], Zhelm [x ] (yesss), Cape with Att [x], 10 wa wg [ ], 50m [x], 100m [ ], 1bil [ ]

First point at level 30 goes in Triple Swing.
    Level 31, 2 more points in Triple Swing. You get Mastery at that level and it requires 3 Triple Swing. Start pumping Mastery from there.
    After you max Mastery, you'll have a couple of points. Use them however you want.
    At level 39 start saving points. At level 45 you get Combo Smash. It maxes at 20 points, you should be able to max it right away.
    From there on find out what skills you get when and use your points whatever way you want.

That's pretty much the cookiecutter build :rolleyes:

Ok thanks a lot (even tough I already put 5 in 3x swing :p)
    Goals: lvl50 [x] ¸ lvl 70 [x], Zhelm [x ] (yesss), Cape with Att [x], 10 wa wg [ ], 50m [x], 100m [ ], 1bil [ ]

Banned

Do NOT max Mastery, leave it at 19.

Bring it to 19 early in your 2nd job, but be sure to max mastery at the end. There's a skill later that requires max mastery.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Do not use Final Charge.

Triple swing is required for 3rd and 4th job skills
    mastery is required for 3rd and 4th job skills
    combo smash is required for 3rd/4th job skills

DO MASTER POLE ARM MASTERY

4th job skill High Mastery, Requires Pole arm mastery lv 20.

of the 3rd and 4th job skills that require 1st/2nd/3rd job skills, they are ALL required to be MASTERED skills, from 1st 2nd, and 3rd jobs.

Here, I'll apply some help in the form of logic and such since this seems to be a time of need. Feel free to ignore what I did or change it, but I'll explain it all with logical reasoning.

I started by putting 3 on triple swing and then continuing onto maxing mastery. My Aran is dexless (as in 4 base DEX without any equips, not as in some sort of "low cap"), so maxing mastery was a must for me due to the +20 accuracy in the end since I could not use my zhelm until level 50. Anyway....

- Put 19 on mastery first. Mastery increases your minimum damage, which in turn increases your average damage. Yeah, big numbers are wonderful, but you're not going to be seeing those big numbers all the time. In general, you will apply the average of your damage to mobs. Therefore, getting mastery to level 19 first is the best overall damage increase you can have early on. Plus, it adds extra accuracy which is important for a class whose primary stat does not add accuracy.

- Max triple swing. This is just as obvious as the last bit. You will be using triple swing pretty much every combo hit, especially if you just button mash on your character. lol Therefore, this directly increases your single and mob damage at once overall. You could save up for combo smash to see some fancy numbers, but in the end it's a waste of your time. In these early levels, monsters have much lower HP than the damage you can do with combo smash, and so you really won't be using it in any training areas. In fact, I didn't really start depending on it as a main finisher until I got to training in windraiders. However, you will be using triple swing all the time, so max it now.

- Put some points on body pressure and 1 on combo drain. I put 8 on body pressure at some point since it means 6 minutes of fun, but cannot recall when I did. haha Anyway, body pressure makes mobs take damage from you when you bump them (which adds to your combo :D), and combo drain pretty much nullifies the need for HP potions. Think of it as an assassin's drain attack except instead of being a separate attack, it is a buff which makes every single attack you do just like an assassin's drain attack. ;D You can do these skills before, while or after maxing triple swing, as you see fit.

In general, just raise things in level as you see fit, but the mastery and triple swing being maxed before combo smash is a must imo. Combo smash is a great skill, and I absolutely love clearing entire rows of windraiders with it, but you really don't start using it until after you have had time to both max triple swing and it already. And since it is only usable after 30 combos, you're trading in the maxing of a skill you use all the time for a skill you use only every 30 hits.

Final Charge is a wonderful skill which I use a lot in order to pack windraiders or whatever else I am fighting up nice and tightly and prepare them for a finishing combo smash. However, it's not nearly as useful as the other skills in second job, so put a point in it after you complete the quest for it at level 54 then max all the others. After that, proceed to dump the remaining 20 SP into it before third job.

In the end, you should end up with the following:

Polearm Mastery - Maxed
    Triple Swing - Maxed
    Combo Drain - Maxed
    Combo Smash - Maxed
    Body Pressure - Maxed
    Final Charge - Level 21

A typical sp allocation for the 2nd job is as follows:

Lvl 30: 1 Triple Swing
    Lvl 31: 2 Triple Swing (3), 1 Mastery
    Lvl 32-37: 18 Mastery (19)
    Lvl 38: 3 Triple Swing (6) ****
    Lvl 39: 1 Triple Swing (7), Save SP (You wont regret it)
    Lvl 40-45: Save SP (Max Combo Smash at 45)
    Lvl 46-49: 12 Triple Swing (19)
    Lvl 50: 1 Triple Swing (Max), 2 Combo Drain ****
    Lvl 51-56: 18 Combo Drain (Max)
    Lvl 57: 3 Body Pressure ****
    Lvl 58-62: 15 Body Pressure (18)
    Lvl 63 2 Body Pressure (Max), 1 Final Charge ****
    Lvl 64-69: 18 Final Charge (19)
    Lvl 70: 2 Final Charge (21), 1 Mastery

**** It is at these points where you can use the skill points here as floater points so you can either Max Mastery, Get 1-3 Points into either Combo Drain or Body Pressure.

Please Note that these are highly dependant on your training places. I Suggest that you get at least lvl 1 Body Pressure and/or Combo Drain. This will make training at Golems or Voodoos/Hoodoos require less Pots because if they cant touch you, they cant hurt you plus you heal back a percentage of the damage you deal.

For Me I got level 1 of combo drain and level 1 of Body Pressure early and I never looked back and its as fun as hell to train now (I'm level 72 now)
    "One who knows nothing can understand nothing"