Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1H BW Page to be

GORE. Your friend belongs on broa nib :P

There's a family system where you add jrs, and when they level up you get points, which you can then use to cast in game 2x and stuff.

If you're going bw - the cost difference between 1h and 2h is pretty neglible in terms of weapons and scrolls. But you'll need an atk shield to make up the attack difference on a 1h. Which is not neglible.

Anywho, why do you taunt me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

If you're going 1h bw + shield, shoot for a crushed skull at 120. 115 attack 12 acc base. I still need to get around to trying my mass scrolling=x
    :: Araneu : 168 Bishop :: Kiensten : 132 Paladin ::

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rainyfriday View Post
    I actually like 1-hand+Shield better than 2 hand because I'm a defensive minded player. My philosophy is as long as you don't die, you stand a chance of killing a monster, no matter how weak you are. If you can actually your character to a high level paladin, 1 hand+shield is going to be very awesome, just because you can permanently increase your weapon defense, and get that skill to stun enemies when they touch you. Plus, with an attack shield, you can potentially become as strong as 2 handers.
    Yea but the best defense is a good offense. And vice versa, of course.

Typically, if you go 1H, you go with swords, so let's take a look at top (bought) swords versus the same for BW.

Onyx Blade Req Level: 45
    Weapon Att.: 67 Attack Speed: Fast
    Buy this item from Kyle (352,500 mesos).

Jacker Req Level: 40
    Weapon Att.: 59 (54-64) Attack Speed: Normal
    Buy this item from Moki (175,000 mesos), Hid (175,000 mesos), Gong Gong (175,000 mesos), Dr. San (175,000 mesos), Chan (175,000 mesos), Chiang (175,000 mesos), Calypso (175,000 mesos).

The hammer is typically cheaper for power, but it's a good -8 increment behind the 1H sword version. Plus, it has a faster speed increment for attack. If you can hit more per hit, and hit more often, this adds up, and saves you money on pots. Hammers are better for vertical than horizontal reach, but swords are slightly better for keeping enemies at arm's reach due to straight on attacks. It is more expensive now, but it saves you alot in the long run. Shields are definitely a great boon to defense, but you should get the right complement to this defense by investing in something that can hit often. 2H hammers (if you're going with power, go all the way) or 1H swords.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 17th December 2009 at 02:08 AM.

No matter how much you might wish otherwise, or try to convince people otherwise. Defense serves next to no purpose for warriors (or any class) but warriors especially.

People don't use shields on warriors for defense. They use em for attack. If you're not going to invest at some point in an attack shield. You might as well go 2h and forgo the shield. Otherwise you're attacking is weaker and in the long run you'll waste more pots by killing slower than you'll save by having a couple points of def. The only saving grace of a 1h weapon over 2h (disregarding an attack shield in the mix) is the fast attack speed. And things like the crushed skull

Spoiler!

Do not be so quick to dismiss the power of a good defense. I was able to kill Elder Wraith at level 50 just because of Power Guard and a solid defense. Course, it took like half an hour, but it was still pretty cool to see.

And txs for ****ting all over my style of play, guys. I don't criticize the way you guys play. C'mon. ;-(
    Last edited by rainyfriday; 17th December 2009 at 09:39 AM.

Powerguard did more to kill the elderwraith than defense :P The point is to give valid advice. Both sides have been pointed out - though Let Her Burn as an older player full well knows how little defense actually means.

In any other game, your play style works far better. Maple is broken, and you can run around naked with out much problem in most cases. If you're happy with your play style - do you really care what we say. But if you're going to push defense as a valid "build" or "concern" if you will, then people are bound to point out the flaws.

The last thing i'd want happen - not in this case cause gore knows better - is for someone to go all out on one of the defense builds that seem to be floating around these days, and then wonder why they kill twice as slow as everyone else.

Spoiler!

Valid, Wig. But I wasn't trying to push my build on her. Only give my take. Also, nowhere in my post did I say to neglect Atk. You can have both Def and Atk, no? I just happen to prefer def over atk, but that doesn't mean I neglect my atk.

I was responding more to blum than to you :P

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    Well, to be honest if you don't lag much you don't really need Pet + Meso Magnet + Pouch before 4th job. Just a suggestion in terms of handling your NX
    I lag incredible amounts. I live out in the middle of no where so my only "high speed" alternative is satelite internet. Really cool technological advancement, but it's no where near good for gaming, but with a pet+item+meso crap, it's bearable. (Takes 2 seconds to send information round trip (To the satelite and back to my house)).

It's honestly the only way I can make money, and I hate being broke in MS.

Yeah, I started that Family thing with my friend, and it's pretty cool. Doubt we'll grow beyond 2 people, but who knows!

I'm pretty set on the 1H BW + Shield thing since I've never been one to really care too much about my training speed. I've never been in a race to get anywhere. I've never made it to a 3rd job level. The highest I've ever gotten was 52 on my Beta Assassin, and I almost broke that record with my Bowman (47).

So, if I can manage to get to 70, I'll be more than happy.

As Wigums said, I understand a lot about the Maple Stories, and the whole "more defense" was never even a thought for me since it's never been something worth investing in. I really did it because I wanted a BW Page, and everything related to it was pretty cheap (Minus DEX Equips and now apparently ATK Shields).

Anyway, thanks for the answers everyone. Right now it's lookin' like I might go back to Broa since my friend really hasn't gotten on as of late. I'll have to talk to him this Saturday to find out what is going on.
    Hail Satan

<3<3Yays :D

Spoiler!