Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons y I train at TJ and not WR at lvl 50

Default 10 Reasons y I train at TJ and not WR at lvl 50

First I'd like to say that I am presently 54 dexless Aran and I started training at jesters since 50. OK heres some reasons y I choose to train at Twisted Jesters in the Haunted House Chimney, rather then Windraiders in CW:Lower Ascent, at level 50+

1. Twisted Jesters require alot less accuracy to hit.
    WRs require 196 which cannot be attained unless u got a kickass glove and even then u sacrifice an atk glove whereas jesters require about 140-150 accuracy to hit.

2. The Lower Ascent map is huge and requires alot of jumping, walking and teleporting.

3. Lower Ascent also spawns Stormbreakers.
    This takes away from the overall windraider spawns because you cannot kill the stormbreakers to spawn more windraiders.

4. Regardless of HP Twisted Jesters give 1325 exp
    Whereas Windraiders give 800 exp

5. You can find 12 Jesters to mob on the bottom level
    The Most you can find of WR are 8-10

6. Jesters build up the combo bar quickly so spamming Combo Smash is easy

7. Jesters deal 200 to 250 damage each hit
    Windraiders deal about 700 per hit therefore lots of pots are needed

8. You can sustain urself using a 2% or 3% combo drain fighting Jesters
    This lowers the HP pot usage substantially therefore making more room in ur inventory for MP pots

9. The Lower Ascent is a very dangerous place to maneuver
    People who accidentally double tap the directional keys and the jump quest before the map can be very inconvenient and easily result in a loss in exp regardless of how little that loss is.

10. Twisted Jester training only gets faster
    Killing Windraiders doesnt take very much, however eventually you'll probably be switching over to Twisted Jesters regardless since 800 exp a kill is eventually gonna get slow. Once you reach 3rd job Jesters are gonna take even less time considering the damage boost u get from new skills.

*Edit*
    11. Twisted Jesters drop Mana Elixirs.
    Therefore you save on HP pots and MP pots when u train there

12. What other training spot late levels can you use 21 HP pots and 10 MP pots to gain 20% at 1x exp?

So thats y I train at Jesters, any questions, comments or general inquiries? (despite the fact the questions and general inquiries are basically the same)

NEW! Windraider Info
    Spoiler!

Also heres my present equips at level 54 their nothing overly special (all things considering)
    Zakum Helm (15 dex, 20 acc)
    Bath Robe (20 dex, 12 acc)
    Guan Yu Pole Arm (74 atk, 3 dex, 34 acc)
    Changed Weapon: Bullseye Board (80 atk, 4acc)
    Work Glove (11 atk)
    lvl 26 Shoes (5 acc)
    PAC (4 luk, 3 atk)
    Titanium Reciever (2 dex, 2 luk)
    Lilins Ring
    Spiegelmanns Necklace
    White Belt
    Combo King Medal (5 acc, 3 stats)

Optional Gear:
    Work Glove (12 dex, 21 acc)
    PAC (4 atk)
    Last edited by TheHalfAsian; 19th December 2009 at 08:36 AM.
    "One who knows nothing can understand nothing"

is the place not crowded? I'd imagine it would be, Other than this, i don't see a reason why I should say otherwise about your training area preference.
    by Cryopon

Lol both jesters and windraiders are always packed regardless

*Edit* Also I'll add other reasons when I think of them.
    Last edited by TheHalfAsian; 18th December 2009 at 08:56 AM.

Banned

Jester map is really weird to maneuver around, namely the top platforms.

the hardest one to reach is the top left platform so i only go up there if 3 spawn there otherwise i just forget it. You can cheapshot the upper right one easily

What kind of xp rates are you getting at twisted jesters?
    :: Araneu : 168 Bishop :: Kiensten : 132 Paladin ::

Whenever I'm looking for training spots I always do a 10 minute trial to see how good the training spot actually is, here are my findings:

Haunted House Chimney: 15.49%/10mins = 92.94%/hour
    Twisted Jesters (4 Jester Room): 14.28%/10mins = 85.68%/hour
    Lower Ascent: 15.09%/10mins = 90.54%/hour
    MP3 (solo): 11.91%/10mins = 71.46%/hour

I did these trials when I was level 52 and those were my results, although u must remember that Twisted Jester training is going to get even faster since you'll get stronger as u level more, whereas with Windraiders there wont be much change since they are already easy to kill

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheHalfAsian View Post
    Lol both jesters and windraiders are always packed regardless

*Edit* Also I'll add other reasons when I think of them.
    Twisted Jesters are more ideal for clerics/priests.

1)They're undead, so you can just stand and heal.

2) There are three safe spots, one at the lowest pipeline left bend, another at the curved pipe to the right (stand on top the 'L' shaped part to avoid the enemies below), and on the long pipe at the top of the room. Each of these places offers a place to attack without counters.

3) Bringing a cleric with you will completely remove the need to pot. But it also will completely remove the advantages of training, because most of the exp will go to the cleric.

Still, it's better than windraiders. At my level though, it's down to about 5%. I'm getting mebbe 30% an hour.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 19th December 2009 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post

2) There are three safe spots, one at the lowest pipeline left bend, another at the curved pipe to the right (stand on top the 'L' shaped part to avoid the enemies below), and on the long pipe at the top of the room. Each of these places offers a place to attack without counters.

3) Bringing a cleric with you will completely remove the need to pot. But it also will completely remove the advantages of training, because most of the exp will go to the cleric.

Still, it's better than windraiders. At my level though, it's down to about 5%. I'm getting mebbe 30% an hour.

...irrelevant to the topic

Have you tried training in the CWK windraider room? Considering you can pass the gaurdians (or get a door via priest). I'm thinking that could also be a contender because it is much less crowded then MP3, jesters and lower ascent. (at least in lolkradia)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post

Cool story bro. Look at the section before you talk about clerics.

Also, what kind of drops are you able to get in TJs? I mean, at least with the WR's you can trade badges for minimum of 750k or scrolls (bow scrolls anyone?).