Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help: need to play 1 handed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    I have not one but two gamepads, myself. I'm not sure there's a way to do this, though, since the way Maple sets it up, it is mainly keyboard-based.
    Cool Story bro.

And with a PS2 usb adaptor/logitec controllers, you can use joytokey easily to play.

Quote Originally Posted by zigkid3 View Post
    I got surgery today. they had to put in a plate/screws to lengthen my radius bone since it healed short of what it was supposed to last year from the snowboarding accident.

so...
    ill be in a cast on my right arm for a month
    im free to use my left hand.

how can i play my aran with 1 hand? whatever way possible. maybe get one of those single hand key pad things might work?
    you can move and attack with one hand, left or right.

NUMBER PAD, Turn off your number lock, it is arrow keys, and they DO work for movement, the difference is your down arrow, which you would only need on the aran for some moves (which can be hotkeyed anyway).

Simply set attack to Page up (it's moveable now), and now you can either use Page up, which is next to the number pad, OR page up, as the 9 key on the number pad, which is way more usefull.

Maple story can be played almost entirely on the numberpad, the exception being chat, and anything that uses the mouse.

My suggestion, is to turn off Num lock (its right there above 7 and next to /* and -), and then go to your windows > control panel, and set your mouse to left handed, and get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkner View Post
    Cool Story bro.

And with a PS2 usb adaptor/logitec controllers, you can use joytokey easily to play.
    yeah, I do that, with a 360 controller, lol. but even then, even a 360 controller can be used 1-handed.

POV/Dpad for movement, and the left analog for skills and attacks, or abxy for movement, and right analog for skills fir the right hand.

if he gets JoytoKey, which is free, and has a wired 360 controller, he can do that as well, although I'm not sure which would be more uncomfortable, using a controller 1 handed, when your used to keyboard, or using the number pad, on the right, with your left hand.
    Last edited by Miles_T3h_r4t; 19th December 2009 at 11:01 PM.

ya i have joy2key and a 360 wired controller. but i dont see how that can be played 1 handed.

but thanks ill try the num pad, i thought it couldnt be used at first. guess i just needed to unlock it.

what i like about aran is that it is possible to play 1 handed cause it has less skills than most other classes and its more passive

Banned

Maybe this is a sign you shouldn't play as much? (Not trying to be mean)

Quote Originally Posted by zigkid3 View Post
    ya i have joy2key and a 360 wired controller. but i dont see how that can be played 1 handed.

but thanks ill try the num pad, i thought it couldnt be used at first. guess i just needed to unlock it.

what i like about aran is that it is possible to play 1 handed cause it has less skills than most other classes and its more passive
    well, the aran, you really only need attack and movement, unfortunately joy2key does not let you do the special moves, such as double-tapping forward, or Down-forward, or down down, for things like drain, combat step, etc. it DOES let you do the double/triple swings though.

you would use the DPad for movement, left shoulder for attack, left Trigger for jump, and put potions on the left thumb-stick, maybe even things like booster and body pressure (since its 4 directions + clicking the thumb stick in)

it can be done, it's just not very easy. but yeah, num pad is probably best.

Use Xpadder when playing as an Aran. It lets you do the combos without hassle.

OT: You could always play one handed with a controller. It is possible it just takes a bit to get used to, kind of like playing SNES games with one hand.

Lol, to be honest, i don't need a 2nd left hand to play this.
    Or in your case, you only have your left hand.
    Sorry to be a late response, but here's what i would do:
    Make your pinky responsible for the jumping and attacking (I would put Jump on Shift, but that's your preference).
    Make your ring finger responsible for the Left key, insert, and delete.
    Make your third finger responsible for the up and down keys, as well as home and end.
    Make your index finger responsible for the right key, as well as page up and page down.
    Thumb..., just do nothing with it.