Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Ultimate lukless staff?

Thread: Ultimate lukless staff?

Default Ultimate lukless staff?

Astaroth's staff was recently introduced, and it is a crazy level 25 equip. It seems like it's possibly even the best lukless staff for any level. Maple Wisdom staff has 30 more magic attack, but 9 less int (on average). What's more, the astaroth staff can handle 3 more upgrades. So if those three upgrades are white scrolls, that can be 6 additional int.

I thought I read somewhere that the way the mages' damage formula works, INT is significantly more effective at increasing damage dealt than magic-attack coming from a weapon. So it seems like astaroth's staff would put out more damage than even the Maple Wisdom staff.

Am i right? Wrong?

Int isn't significantly more effective than matk... it is a slight effect at best. And the effect would be less noticeable if we are talking endgame lukless, since the character would have so much base int already... it wouldn't be much of a % difference to equip a staff that trades ~9 matk for ~9 int when you have 600+ base int.

For instance, with my current equip set (I am 161 and low-luk), subtracting 9 matk and adding 9 int changes my theoretical max Gen to holy weak from 89,922 to 89,968. Now, I am not lukless, and I use a Reverse wand so I have more matk than the typical lukless would, but at that level, you have a lot of base int so the damage formulas tend to look alike anyway.

So... Basically, it's not worth the trouble, unless you want another ~40 damage to a skill that does 90k.

Magic damage formula for reference:
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

Drake

Thought that the ultimate lukless staff was an Elemental Staff.
    Spoiler!

Drake

Ultimate lukless equips for Archmages : Their respective elemental wands at lvl 130.

Ultimate lukless equips for Bishops ( considering all servers ) : Flairgrave , 117 clean tma for bishops is nothing short of godlike, its a wand BTW.

So, I'm still trying to figure out why in SEA wand scrolls are dirt cheap while staff scrolls are a lot more expensive =.="'
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGuy View Post
    Thought that the ultimate lukless staff was an Elemental Staff.
    The estaves need luck, the ewands do not.

In GMS:
    For AM's ewands are the best, for bishops wisdom staves/shine wands are the best so far.

EDIT: In GMS both scrolls seem to be kind of cheap.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Lukless has a significantly higher damage early on, but by late 4th job the damage evens out. Long term, the main reason for a lukless mage is the MP boost. A lukless mage lvling with MW will have around 20-30% more mp by 200 (Compared to a regluk mage).

But yes, Astaroth weapons are some of the better equips a lukless bishop can equip. It would be much easier to just mass scroll shine wands though. In Kradia, a 100+ matt shine wand is roughly the same as a clean Astaroth.

Int and Matt give the same boost to magic, but you have to account for sacrificed Int when going lowluk. The only reason you should go lowluk is if the stats from your equips more than make up the Int lost for luk.
    In theory, a lowluk bishop can be stronger than a lukless, but it requires heavy funding. A pure lukless bishop requires minimal funding or experience.

Stripped, mine 100% 2 hitted skelegons around lvl 140, and with equips, it 100% 2 hit around 130. Unless going lowluk will allow you to change KO to skelegons, it is more effective to just stay lukless for the MP boost every lvl. Especially on a bishop, it is very noticable. Most equipped lukless can pull a full extra Gen30 (sometimes even two).

Spoiler!

oh ok, thanks for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    Ultimate lukless equips for Archmages : Their respective elemental wands at lvl 130.

Ultimate lukless equips for Bishops ( considering all servers ) : Flairgrave , 117 clean tma for bishops is nothing short of godlike, its a wand BTW.

So, I'm still trying to figure out why in SEA wand scrolls are dirt cheap while staff scrolls are a lot more expensive =.="'
    I believe there is the Speargrave as well which is also a lukless wand. It's just the blue version of the Flairgrave
    Goals:
    1st Job[X] 2nd Job[X] 3rd Job[X] Lvl 100[X] 4th Job[X] Lvl 140 [X] 100m[X] 200m[X] 700m[X]Scarlion Helm[X] Targa Helm [X] Ice Staff [X] Iceberg Wand [ ] Eye of Horus [X] HT Pendant with Egg[ ] Do godly damage[X] Hit 100k dmg at 135 [X] Get the new Kino pet[X] BLIZZARD[X] Blizzard 30 [X]
    Kino rox

R>Guild members to Sideways in Bootes. Must be at least Lvl 100+ and active.

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by fc3srx7 View Post
    I believe there is the Speargrave as well which is also a lukless wand. It's just the blue version of the Flairgrave
    Their basically the same thing except one blinds and the other slows I think.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

It's okay if this is locked now.