Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Damage Potential?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damage Potential?

Default Damage Potential?

Something hit me today, Couldn't a permanoob do actual decent damage?

Assume unlimited Funding here:

Black Crystal Blade 99 W.A 50+ Acc 7 slots fast speed clean. (common)
    + 7 that for attack

Scarlion Hat (Str) Obvious 17/15/15/15 19 Accuracy Clean (common)

Sauna robe Scrolled for Str (Or Dex if + 75 or so accuracy from those equips aren't adequate)

Attack Scrolled Mushking Glove/Goddess Wristband (If OPQ is possible for beginners) If neither available Red WG+5

Red Christmas Sock/Face Stompers

Any Str Cape.

I assume this would require an immense amount of money but think about it with all of that attack, I think a perma noob could respectable damage.

Drake

The thing is....if you had that kind of funding , why fund a perma beginner when you could build a godly Hero , Aran or DrK ? Plus beginners get crap HP and are hell to train without leech. Another point, beginners are basically sealed warriors with lower HP and no Mastery.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    The thing is....if you had that kind of funding , why fund a perma beginner when you could build a godly Hero , Aran or DrK ? Plus beginners get crap HP and are hell to train without leech. Another point, beginners are basically sealed warriors with lower HP and no Mastery.
    Yeah which is what I was thinking.

With the same funding you provide to make a perma-beginner "godly", you could make a Hero or Pally unbelievable.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

But considering ALL of this stuff is common, (Besides the obvious Scar helm which cant be transfered) you can just give it to a hero anyway, and I was just wondering what the actual damage potential on it would be, not "Hey guys should I drop everything and do this?" Because it'd be pretty lulzy to see a beginner to hit a few K easily.

Drake

Beginners used to be able to hit a few k(s) easily with a decent atk glove and a frozen tuna ....

I <3 Pooky !

I have to agree with WMA, as those items for the most part can be transfered and so by having a great Hero the great Beginner will follow. The potential is there for an incredible beginner, but sadly most beginners don't atk much in the higher levels. Makes me sad, as it's fun to PQ and have a perma in the party (assuming you arn't booted from the start). But I digress.

This does assume all that stuff is bought, but hey it's a fun thought experiment. (I demand the maroon mop!)

Now if only we didn't hit mid-100's when we hit those few-K's lol
    TaichoNoob - 80 - Broa

Drake

Well I guess it would be just for fun then. Coz if I had that funding and wanted the luxury of sharing all my equips I'll just make a Pally and a Hero.

I <3 Pooky !

Without Mastery a beginner will always have crappy unstable damage compared to everyone else. At level 98, I'm one of the highest level Beginners that actually trains and I'm still training on Monsters that are 30-40 levels lower than me and getting about 3% an hour because I simply don't have the attacking power to move on.

Then again, it depends what you see as respectable damage...

With the Marroon Mop I think my max hit would be somewhere around 8k? But my minimum damage would still only be a few hundred. So sure, I could move on to Windraiders, but not much else after that.
    Last edited by Alyssaur; 19th February 2010 at 09:32 PM.

Hi there
    I am training my character to become a PERMA beginner. But there are one thing I am not too sure...

I read from a few forum on maplestory on beginner. After level 70 or 80++ there are NO place we can go??? Or even No quest for us?? We can Go and KILL stupid Bosses??

Alyssaur, for your level. What is your HP stat right now?

Icon4

Quote Originally Posted by xXOrochiXx View Post
    Hi there
    I am training my character to become a PERMA beginner. But there are one thing I am not too sure...

I read from a few forum on maplestory on beginner. After level 70 or 80++ there are NO place we can go??? Or even No quest for us?? We can Go and KILL stupid Bosses??

Alyssaur, for your level. What is your HP stat right now?
    We can do nearly all of the same quests as jobbed character, but after 80+ the quest are difficult to do by yourself. For training, you are few choices if you want to train efficiently -- In your 70's you should be at Truckers or Dead Scarcrows and after level 80, it's either Voodoo/Hoodoo or Windraiders.

Also, jobless characters can do all of the same mini-bosses as jobbed players, it just takes a bit longer because we don't have damage multiplying skills. If you meant bosses like Pap and Zak then yeah, we can try but this is not only will it take forever but you'll probably die before you're able to finish either of them off. I have tried to Pap on my own a number of times, but I haven't been able to finish him off yet. I don't hit high enough to be able to to knock him back so he usually end up running me over. Obviously this is not a bossing class.

At level 104 I'm training and Windraiders for around 2.7% an hour. I have around 2k HP, give or take a few hundred depending on what I'm wearing.