Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Aran guide, SP+AP build and training spots! - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aran guide, SP+AP build and training spots!

I started Twisted Jesters at level 50 and started Elderwraiths at level 75, I'm 86 now and I can go kill Himes if I wanted to but they require too much potions. Waiting till I can kill Dark Cornians should be a few more levels, maybe 90.
    "One who knows nothing can understand nothing"

Added small AP build suggestions and more training places. Working on the gear part but I want to get every single piece of gear you can get and suggest how to scroll the gear to keep up with training during that lvl. Any help with the creation of this list will be very helpful and will be acknowledged in the final draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Drake

Another great reason to choose Triple Swing 1st over Smash and just tested . Assuming you have enough accuracy to hit them Truckers at lvl 36 is OMFGWTFBBQ godlike EXP. I got an average 30% every 8 minutes with only 30% bonus exp from fairy pendant, no 2x. With 2x it's even crazier. Created a new Aran to get a new ring last night to compare the lvling speeds of CPQ trade wins and pure grinding. Grinding wins hands down now. SienZlAran took me 2 days + to get lvl 50 thru CPQing . It's been only 24 hrs since the creation of iWantWA3Ring and he's already lvl 44 . ( And it wasn't even hardcore playing, I slept for 8 hours , and spent another 3 hours in between on meals.)
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Check my post here to see the equips I have to train at twisted jesters early, all you need to do is scroll dex gear to kill Elderwraiths at level 75:
    http://hidden-street.net/forum/showt...t-WR-at-lvl-50

Just another quick question but can I have a justification for the 3rd job build for why you do this:

77 - 1 Full Swing 2 Combo Critical
    78 - 3 Combo Critical
    79 - 3 Combo Critical
    80 - 3 Combo Critical
    81 - 3 Snow Charge
    82 - 3 Snow Charge
    83 - 3 Snow Charge
    84 - 3 Snow Charge
    85 - 3 Snow Charge
    86 - 3 Snow Charge
    87 - 2 Snow Charge 1 Combo Critical
    88 - 3 Combo Critical
    89 - 3 Combo Critical
    90 - 2 Combo Critical 1 Smart Knockback
    Last edited by TheHalfAsian; 30th December 2009 at 02:18 PM.
    "One who knows nothing can understand nothing"

The reason i did that was you will not usually keep a combo up for a long time, the low crits will help increase your overall training DPS while at red kents. I did this build because it's insanely easy to lvl up at that lvl while at kents so the skill points will really only stay at a certain lvl for a while. The combo will also help while using combo smash since most people use that right when they possibly can.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post

The AP build will be determined by amount of funds and how much you are willing to miss at first. I of course kept dex at 4 and went all into STR. My view on a capped dex should be 30 at most. I will go into more detail on this later if this guide is actually used.

2nd job SP build
    Spoiler!
    Glad you're not one of those idiots that says "Hold off on raising Triple Hit until after you max out Smash." Yea, you can do that, but then your combo sux, and you probably will lose on CPQ or the like. Still, I'm not that big a fan of DEXless. MapleWiki says you need roughly your lvl x 2 to do well as an Aran, and I believe them. Why? Because unlike warriors, you have to maintain a fairly steady combo count, which means a minimum of misses. So, no it's not really about damage (combos boost damage in later levels through crits) it's more about DPS. The trick is, be sure to give stat boosting gear, so that if you autostat (which would give you 3:2 itself), when you've gone past your level x 2 in DEX, it will raise STR pure. This should let your attack catch up without worrying about specific build.

I like this way of thinking on the skills build though. Alternatively, if you're more a mass build type, max Charge, and and cap Smash. Smash at 10 will do 500% of 700% which is better than even corkscrew for pirates.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 1st January 2010 at 09:07 AM.

Although the fact that misses hurt arans the most out of all warriors classes, 2*lvl is extremly out-dated. I currently have 206 acc with a 4 base dex on my Aran. The most an aran needs to hit skelegons is 14x which is incredibly easy to achieve. That's why I think 20-30 dex at most would be the usual non-funded end-game amount of dex

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Ahh, the old build of 3:2 is NOT how warriors of any type are built anymore. This is viable up until around 25 at most, but having more than 50 base dex is just overkill on accuracy. On my DK, I 100% hit the mobs I train on with 40 base dex. With my Karstan (the weapon of choice for many <120 Arans) I can 100% hit mobs much higher than me. I do NOT have a zhelm. I am using a 100% dexed overall. I am using a str cape and really bad acc shoes. If you have a decent understanding of the game, it is extremely easy to just cap dex at <50.
    Arans excel at places like Magatia. Many mobs (like Roids) have low avoid compared to other mobs around the lvl. Since this map is already the ideal training place for Arans, you might as well take advantage of the low avoid.
    3:2 is a generalized system. No, dexless is not for everyone, but 3:2 is just for those too lazy to figure out their own build. You cap dex at what is right for your lvl and plan ahead.

Spoiler!

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

I'm at level 40, and (with stat boosts) have about 88 dex. Hmmmmmmm, should I cap? Yea, MAYBE.

Well, the good news is I have practically no miss chance for alot of things, the bad news is that high dex seems to be influenced by stuff like blind. I'm effectively a noob in terms of warrior builds (I spent my first several classes making mages), so the warrior build doesn't make much sense to me. I tried a pirate with 3:2, 4:1, and 5:0 build, I couldn't seem to find the right mix. I even tried raising pure STR for awhile, and my pirate still sucked.

I wish the sig thing I've got would fix for Aran. Now neither my class nor level show properly.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 2nd January 2010 at 02:22 AM.

2nd job's a bit out of place.
    I personally recommend putting off mastery to 19 until level 70.
    Also, you need 3 triple swing before you can put into mastery.
    I also highly recommend that you save for Combo Smash when you have 7 Triple Swing and 19 Mastery.
    Then max out Triple Swing, then max out Drain, BUT put 1 on Final Charge at level 54. Then max out Body Pressure, then put into Final Charge, BUT at level 70, you should put that extra 1 point into mastery.