Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 98

Thread: Aran guide, SP+AP build and training spots!

  1. #21
    Drake
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Mind explaining ? Some justifications would be nice. As we've pretty much posted some arguments for choosing Triple Swing over Smash 1st.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin


    Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

    I <3 Pooky !

  2. #22
    Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Yea, that's pretty screwy, but everyone's got their own thing (ish a hp mage, so can't complain).

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    Mind explaining ? Some justifications would be nice. As we've pretty much posted some arguments for choosing Triple Swing over Smash 1st.
    Well, let's do some math here.
    In terms of percentage damage.

    12 mob scenario:
    max combo smash and 7 triple swing
    (100%*6) because you need 30 combo + (140%*12) + (211%*12) + (700%*10) = 11812% damage
    vs
    7 combo smash and maxed triple swing
    (100%*6) because you need 30 combo + (140%*12) + (250%*12) + (440%*5) = 7480% damage

    And during the levels you are deciding, you're gonna most likely CPQ, so of course there's gonna be tons of mobs (Unless you're not that smart enough to do trade wins/max rombots or trojans and speed)
    So does it really matter which order you do it on?
    No, but Combo Smash helps to get chosen.

  4. #24
    Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    888

    Default

    You can only use it once every 30. That's pretty weak. Plus there is a possibility it will break your counter without launching, since you pretty much have to stop mashing the attack key suddenly to do the move. Triple swing also gets boosted crits as well (eventually), and while you're pausing to do damage, with each combo, the move does consistent damage. What you say looks good on paper, but should you mess up even ONCE on smash, 7480% damage x 2 is 11812% damage as well. In other words, you are more likely to get to 60 counter (and beyond) then do crappy damage which won't earn you any pots to stay in the battle, and somehow manage to pull off a special move. The one you can do while you're half-asleep, the other you can't. Triple swing can routinely win you cpq not just tw. Tw is stupid anyway if both teams don't A rank (since teams that lose get sucky exp). At about 48-49 with my warrior with the same sort of build (using final atk instead), I did a solo sweep of about five different opposing parties in a row, doing 500+ cp each time. My teammates didn't complain.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 4th January 2010 at 09:20 PM.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    You can only use it once every 30. That's pretty weak. Plus there is a possibility it will break your counter without launching, since you pretty much have to stop mashing the attack key suddenly to do the move. Triple swing also gets boosted crits as well (eventually), and while you're pausing to do damage, with each combo, the move does consistent damage. What you say looks good on paper, but should you mess up even ONCE on smash, 7480% damage x 2 is 11812% damage as well. In other words, you are more likely to get to 60 counter (and beyond) then do crappy damage which won't earn you any pots to stay in the battle, and somehow manage to pull off a special move. The one you can do while you're half-asleep, the other you can't. Triple swing can routinely win you cpq not just tw. Tw is stupid anyway if both teams don't A rank (since teams that lose get sucky exp). At about 48-49 with my warrior with the same sort of build (using final atk instead), I did a solo sweep of about five different opposing parties in a row, doing 500+ cp each time. My teammates didn't complain.
    Once again, your intelligence is lower than most.
    Getting a 30 combo in CPQ takes about 5 seconds, depending on what you're equipping and how many mobs are summoned on your side of the map. Not only that, it adds 10 Combo when you use it, AND it's practically impossible to lose your combo unless you're stupid or something.
    TS won't get crits until 3rd job, so no argument there, wtf, and you don't have to stop mashing, you can just keep mashing after you've CS'd.
    You got 500+ each time?
    Well I was getting over 1.2k every time soloing Rombots with a maxed out Combo Smash at 45, so please GTFO.
    Also, TW is infinitely better as:
    1. You are guaranteed 40k points every 2 games
    2. You get EXP during CPQ, did you forget that? I was grabbing about 20k per CPQ, WITHOUT wins/losses included.
    3. They avoid stunning/disabling you, so you get more kills in.

    Learn to play Aran first, then post please.

    bolt202/veil225/feint200

  6. #26
    Drake
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    857

    Default

    The problem is, the difference between 11k % and 7.5k% isn't significant at all if you 1 hit ko anything anyway. Plus Triple Swing helps a lot more in grinding, which is a lot faster than CPQ in the case of Arans for decently funded people.

    EDIT : @emailbox, Personally I only find saving SP for Smash making sense if you're really unfunded and you have to rely on Smash to kill stuff in CPQ. Otherwise relying on TS is a lot more stable. Don't forget quite a few things can bust up ur combo in CPQ : Darkness / Stun / Seal . I've already played 2 Arans to lvl 50. Both went with maxed TS ASAP. The first one was CQPing all the way 30~50, whereas the other one grinded for the most part , and joined CPQ just to see how much CPs I coulds rack up. 1st of all, grinding > CPQing in terms of lvling speed. Both arans were controlled by me with the exact same AP and SP allocation and equips. So in a way you could assume that other factors are constant. Grinding also gives you the security as in you won't get scammed or ditched by your CPQ opponents and other cases like lost room. Triple Swing gives what is most important about grinding, damage consistency . And even though I went Triple Swing 1st , I could easily rack up 1.5k cp on a normal day, 1.8k~1.9k+ when I'm on form with a good opponent who summons fast.
    Last edited by SienZ1991; 4th January 2010 at 09:58 PM.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin


    Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

    I <3 Pooky !

  7. #27

    Default

    TS first definitely helps with the grinding, but if you can consistently (like permanently) get into CPQ like I did in kMS, you tend to level faster (as it's pretty much the same as grinding, the only thing that's slower is finding a room).
    Soloing in rooms 3/4, the mobs give upwards of 200 EXP on 1x. Me and a guildie (and a few mules) went in during a 2x and you can imagine how fast we were leveling on TWs.
    30-37 took me a while, maybe 1~2 days, but from then on I got to 50 in like a day or less.
    Also note that kMS doesn't have a lot of pr0 equips (including WA WGs, they're uncommon and very expensive). I have no idea how you were hitting past 1.9k CP though. =/ Though the 17 WA bonus from Fairy probably helped.
    zHelms in kMS are 30m woo

    bolt202/veil225/feint200

  8. #28
    Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Once again, your intelligence is lower than most.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

    Only idiots argue this way. It's a fallacious reasoning.

    Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Getting a 30 combo in CPQ takes about 5 seconds, depending on what you're equipping and how many mobs are summoned on your side of the map. Not only that, it adds 10 Combo when you use it, AND it's practically impossible to lose your combo unless you're stupid or something.
    TS won't get crits until 3rd job, so no argument there, wtf, and you don't have to stop mashing, you can just keep mashing after you've CS'd.
    You got 500+ each time?
    Well I was getting over 1.2k every time soloing Rombots with a maxed out Combo Smash at 45, so please GTFO.
    Also, TW is infinitely better as:
    1. You are guaranteed 40k points every 2 games
    2. You get EXP during CPQ, did you forget that? I was grabbing about 20k per CPQ, WITHOUT wins/losses included.
    3. They avoid stunning/disabling you, so you get more kills in.
    I wasn't implying completely stopping. I was saying that it breaks the pattern, which while you're fumbling through the controls, an enemy can just back atk you (it might take only .1 second to input a special, but that's part way through continuing 30 more). If you've got any kinda lag, the counter WILL reset itself after the special, despite the fact you hit. KO'ing with normal combo means you get a whole heck of a lot more exp from killing thousands of trojans. Granted, you're not killing rombots until you're maxed, but I easily got 5%-8%, sometimes much more, without even accounting for the bonus at the end. If you can win every game (which you will if you are awesome enough to do this kinda damage just from normal buildup) you are pretty much guaranteed 60k every two games. Ffw at worst means 20k per two games, and at best 60k. But there's no real guarantee if you screw up, which if you lagging at all, mashing buttons you can do, but code sequences you can't. I don't even get #3. Why would people avoid stunning you? Typically people either win, or they quit. Besides with really good atk and skills, it hasn't mattered much if I was stunned/sealed, I still won. Then they quit anyway. Yes, 500+ as the base minimum, with anything short of cancels being used.

    Btw, you get nearly to max smash by the time you're at 50 anyway (at a rough estimate, I've got about 20 3hit already at 43ish, at a rate of 3 per level, this means 15-18, depending on whether you start at 45 or 46), so what's the point screwing yourself over in atk? At only level 10 you have about 500% and it only keeps going up.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 4th January 2010 at 10:56 PM.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

    Only idiots argue this way. It's a logical fallacy.

    That wasn't an argument, it's a fact that most people on the forum treat as truth.

    I wasn't implying completely stopping. I was saying that it breaks the pattern, which while you're fumbling through the controls, an enemy can just back atk you (it might take only .1 second to input a special, but that's part way through continuing 30 more). Okay they attack you,so what. I don't get the problem here. If they attack you, it doesn't break the combo.

    If you've got any kinda lag, the counter WILL reset itself after the special, despite the fact you hit.
    It resets BEFORE you use CS, and after you use it, it will go back up to ~10 again. If you're lagging, get a new internet, you shouldn't be CPQing if you're lagging anyway.

    KO'ing with normal combo means you get a whole heck of a lot more exp from killing thousands of trojans.
    Keyword being TROJANS.
    Granted, you're not killing rombots until you're maxed, but I easily got 5%-8%, sometimes more, without even accounting.
    I easily got 20-30% w/out the bonus EXP at the end. So I win?
    If you can win every game (which you will if you are awesome enough to do this kinda damage just from normal buildup) you are pretty much guaranteed 60k every two games.
    Good luck finding an opposing party that doesn't leave on you when you're thrashing them 1.2k - 400
    Ffw at worst means 20k per two games, and at best 60k.
    TW means 40K guaranteed + EXP from spawn. =/
    But there's no real guarantee if you screw up, which if you lagging at all, mashing buttons you can do. Code sequences you can't. I don't even get #3. Why would people avoid stunning you?
    Because it's a respect thing when you're TWing? So the other team can get their max points? Have you even ever TW'd before? Wow.

    Btw, you get nearly to max smash by the time you're at 50 anyway
    Maxing smash at 50 doesn't help you level 5 times quickly in CPQ.
    (at a rough estimate, I've got about 20 3hit already at 43ish, at a rate of 3 per level, this means 15-18, depending on whether you start at 45 or 46), so what's the point screwing yourself over in atk? At only level 10 you have about 500% and it only keeps going up.
    If this is an attempt at calculating something, you failed terribly, because I doubt anyone could understand it.
    I swore off of flaming but you're trolling too hard.
    The TS first build IS FEASIBLE, and I completely agree that it helps if you're going to grind to 50. I didn't use CS early 5x in kMS while training (grinding) either.
    bulma's just making it look stupid because she's saying TSing at Trojans at 45~50 is faster than using Combo Smash until 50 with Rombots.
    Last edited by emailbox; 4th January 2010 at 10:49 PM.

    bolt202/veil225/feint200

  10. #30
    Drake
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Heh, that 1.9k cp was done at lvl 50, but I admit my Aran was uber godly equipped for a lvl50.

    Grinding > CPQ for many reasons. Idk about the situation in kMS, but rooms 3/4 are packed in SEA, almost impossible to find one. I have experienced 2x exp during CPQ before, EXP was very good but still not godly. Another inhibiting reason is that during your turn to lose, you can't as much as you could have. Grinding at truckers at lvl 37 I lvled up once every 15~16 mins with 2x. So yeah based on my personal testing and the situation in SEA grinding wins handsdown, you might be right for kMS.
    Last edited by SienZ1991; 4th January 2010 at 10:54 PM.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin


    Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

    I <3 Pooky !

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •