Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Aran guide, SP+AP build and training spots! - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aran guide, SP+AP build and training spots!

Its dependent on the times you play. If you're playing on non-peak periods with a friend + mules, then the EXP in CPQ will always > grinding.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Drake

Well like you said, non-peak hours. I would assume that kMS people take 2x exp events as peak hours. Even then it's hard to compare coz if I'm not mistaken my 1st Aran CPQed all the way with 0 interruptions as all 3 other partners (2v2) were guildmates. So grinding is in a way still better for me.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

The reason I put TS down first is because the majority of Arans in 3/4 will over-kill when they use the CS strategy which will deplete the rate of exp given to your member/members. Even if you decide to go either way...lvl 4x-5x really that hard? A middle second job skill shouldn't cause this much drama/dispute
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Just arguing the other side. Also, I personally trained on solo (so we'd have 2 mules, and they'd die/quit room and I'd get 100% of the EXP to myself) in CPQ, so the overkill thing didn't affect me.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

That's how I trained as well. I was just stating for the majority at CPQ

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

If you're lagging, get a new internet, you shouldn't be CPQing if you're lagging anyway.
    Lol, I just did today. Now got wireless. Seriously though, Aran has some weird bug where if there's the slightest bit of lag, combo counter and the attacks themselves will lag at different rates. I have sometimes been attacking perfectly at normal speed but the counter lags (mainly happens only in high occupancy days), restting the counter. The point is, if you're totally dependent on the counter, and it happens to be lagging, basic attack is much better, because the counter is more irrelevant.

Grinding > CPQ for many reasons. Idk about the situation in kMS, but rooms 3/4 are packed in SEA, almost impossible to find one. I have experienced 2x exp during CPQ before, EXP was very good but still not godly. Another inhibiting reason is that during your turn to lose, you can't as much as you could have. Grinding at truckers at lvl 37 I lvled up once every 15~16 mins with 2x. So yeah based on my personal testing and the situation in SEA grinding wins handsdown, you might be right for kMS.
    I'm afraid that only works with dexless. With my dex, I could do truckers (with my accuracy, I could technically do up to MP3), and even at lvl 43, gained exp very fast. But, without being able to pretty much kill with a single 3hit, the counteratks pretty much slam you with nearly 200 each time, which with so many enemies around, and only about 2k-2.5k kinda hurts. I used like 200 pots by the time I was done with that area. Not to mention there was no spot you could atk without getting countered. For the same pot drain, I'd say Mp3 is much better, since these were enemies that were about as weak but were giving me 200 exp each. Even Mp2 works very well.

Correction, that's before you get smash. I'll let you know how it goes after smash, since I just got yesterday.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 9th January 2010 at 12:59 PM.

I am capping my aran's DEX at 30.

I just want to know if thats good. I am semi funded(around 20-30mil. Which I could easily make more if i needed to).

Just basically buy equips with dex? I am just a little confused how I should earn that ACC.

A little clerification on this would be greatly appreciated?

Assuming you have blessing of fairy at any lvl? That is a great way to increase dmg/acc on a main character.
    You should rather buy equips with ACC instead of dex. The ACC formula used in MapleStory is mainly based on your lvl compared to the monsters lvl. Of course you will be missing early on but that's just a downside to creating a warrior class. Usually, you will just have to be patient and tough it out. Lvling an aran is insanely easy anyways, so you won't be stuck with having low acc for a long time while playing this char. At lvl 64, you can easily get a cheap maple karstan which gives 35 ACC and has normal (6) speed. Remember you won't always have 30mil for funding. Eventually you will make more and can upgrade gear then. Be ready to think about higher lvls when creating an Aran class.

I have +5 from blessing of the fairy.

Basically, i should just be smart about upgrading my equipment? So 30 dex is fine?

Of course, you make this AFTER I quit my Aran.