Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Aran guide, SP+AP build and training spots!

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    DEALING 10K DAMAGE AT 45 IN CPQ WILL NET YOU PROFIT. (EXP wise, anyway)
    ok, unless your like REALLY funded, lets try and break down how much youd have to hit before you can get to 10k smash does 700% dmg when maxed, meaning in order to hit 10k, youd have to be able to deal more than 1428 on a normal hit. idk, but that sounds kinda insane to me unless like i said, you are dexless..... and then, even with the 100 combo (max in terms of stat boosts) you get plus 50 in WA, meaning youd have to be able to deal more than 1378 on a normal basis. in short, most ppl, like id say about 70%, will NOT be able to deal 10k at lvl 45.

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    MAXING OUT TRIPLE ATTACK ONLY RAISES YOUR DAMAGE BY A MINUSCULE AMOUNT. Like tiny. I don't even notice the difference, and most people won't.
    now for the second part:
    triple swing does not raise your atk. the 250% dmg it does at max is for it alone. you have that plus the 100% for the normal first strike, then 140% for double swing, then 250% for the last triple swing, then watever else you throw in, be it final charge (90% max), final cross (110% max and 100% in air), or final blow (600% max o.o), not to mention the other combo skills.
    and like the other guys said, TS give consistancy, especially after max mastery. smash not only takes your combo (which comes with the stat boosts, lets not forget) but it also makes you pause for a sec after use, which in most cases should not be a problem, but you can hit a lot more in the time it takes to do that.

k done with that for now.
    Life is the longest thing that has, is and will happen to you. It's not that short.

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by tk36477 View Post
    ok, unless your like REALLY funded, lets try and break down how much youd have to hit before you can get to 10k smash does 700% dmg when maxed, meaning in order to hit 10k, youd have to be able to deal more than 1428 on a normal hit. idk, but that sounds kinda insane to me unless like i said, you are dexless..... and then, even with the 100 combo (max in terms of stat boosts) you get plus 50 in WA, meaning youd have to be able to deal more than 1378 on a normal basis. in short, most ppl, like id say about 70%, will NOT be able to deal 10k at lvl 45.

now for the second part:
    triple swing does not raise your atk. the 250% dmg it does at max is for it alone. you have that plus the 100% for the normal first strike, then 140% for double swing, then 250% for the last triple swing, then watever else you throw in, be it final charge (90% max), final cross (110% max and 100% in air), or final blow (600% max o.o), not to mention the other combo skills.
    and like the other guys said, TS give consistancy, especially after max mastery. smash not only takes your combo (which comes with the stat boosts, lets not forget) but it also makes you pause for a sec after use, which in most cases should not be a problem, but you can hit a lot more in the time it takes to do that.

k done with that for now.
    Use combo smash as often as you can to deal more damage, until you have maxed combo crit.

I'm not even going to give you math, I'm saying this as a 4th job aran myself. So would you rather trust me, or the guy above who is lvl5x?
    lvl167 LUKLESS ice/lit Arch mage in Khaini, h1111
    lvl113 dexless Aran, H2010 in Khaini

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    Well , im not sure that a 1st job build really matters for an aran , as long as you end up with the same thing at lvl 30. Took me like , a day of casual playing without 2x to hit 30. Saving up for Combo Smash isn't really neccessary. In fact, for people who are decently funded , Max Combo Smash is actually overkill for CPQ. It's like.....Bishops already capable of 1hit KOing Skeles still trying to improve their Genesis lvl. Triple swing on the other hand , helps you clear monsters while charging up for smash. In fact, with maxed TS , I could 1 hit ko pretty much everything in CPQ except rombots which required 2 TSs. Generally what I did in CPQ :

lWalll x xx x x x x x x x Me x x x x x x x x x lWalll

Take Xs as monsters , face right , kill everything with TS charges up usually just enough , like 30, 31 combo counters and 1 smash takes care of the left. Works very well.

Plus , for conventional training, TS gives what matters to people who grind : Damage consistency. Think of Triple Swing as Advanced Charged Combo and Combo Smash as Coma and compare which would be better for mobbing
    Yeah soo agree with you. :) I did the same with everyone disagreeing with me == Now 7X aran. and WTF I BOUGHT A BLOODY TUNA AND ITS WAS FOR BEGINNERS ONLY. My guildies were like rolfing at me ==

Quite a necro but...
    Added a short yet concise guide when it comes to potential gear for an Aran.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Another "bump" but I figured I would add in training from 120-200 instead of just 110-120.
    Also fixed some typos and some AP skill builds

Hi.if ur sticking to 10 dex bathrobe n ur dexless.wer u get ur acc??dex gloves isit??
    Goals:
    2nd Job[X] 3rd Job[ ] 4th Job[ ]
    Lvl 50[X] Lvl 100[ ] Lvl 120 [ ]
    500k[X] 1m[ ] 10m[X] 100m[ ]
    Get a good staff[ ] Get Zak Helm[ ] Dmg Reach 500[X] Dmg Reach 1k[X] Dmg Reach 50k[ ] Dmg Reach 100k[ ]
    Zak Run[ ] HT Run[ ]

Dex =/= accuracy.
    Arans have a choice between the maple weapons (+30 accuracy about on both) or a Guan yu pole arm (also near +30 accuracy)
    Since you are going dexless, you must have a decent amount of funding. The Zakum helmet is an awesome accuracy boost, as are potential equips (until you want to get end gear potential equips)

im playing in mapleSEA n the potential items havent been released yet.should i change to dex gloves or w8 till potential releases??
    Goals:
    2nd Job[X] 3rd Job[ ] 4th Job[ ]
    Lvl 50[X] Lvl 100[ ] Lvl 120 [ ]
    500k[X] 1m[ ] 10m[X] 100m[ ]
    Get a good staff[ ] Get Zak Helm[ ] Dmg Reach 500[X] Dmg Reach 1k[X] Dmg Reach 50k[ ] Dmg Reach 100k[ ]
    Zak Run[ ] HT Run[ ]

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    Guan yu pole arm (also near +30 accuracy)
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I always wondered why people wanted them. I found one off Harps and NPCed it because it was weak Q_Q
    by Cryopon

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seph View Post
    im playing in mapleSEA n the potential items havent been released yet.should i change to dex gloves or w8 till potential releases??
    Still stick with an attack glove unless you have trouble hitting things. You only need accuracy to hit mobs you train on.

Spoiler!