Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Aran guide, SP+AP build and training spots!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aran guide, SP+AP build and training spots!

Default Aran guide, SP+AP build and training spots!

Well, from making an Aran, I chose to make this char my current main character. After looking through HS, I saw there were no real guides for Aran. I'll create a guide for now and will add more later and will accept suggestions. I will also create banners and whatnot to make this thread super awesome!
    Spoiler!

1st job SP build (This is not set in stone, final AP should be the same though)
    Spoiler!

The AP build will be determined by amount of funds and how much you are willing to miss at first. I of course kept dex at 4 and went all into STR. My view on a capped dex should be 30 at most. I will go into more detail on this later if this guide is actually used.

2nd job SP build
    Spoiler!

3rd job build There are actually two common builds that I have read and will post both. I am currently going with the first one.

Spoiler!

This build was posted by a southperry forum member and all credit will go to him.
    Spoiler!

4th Job SP build
    Spoiler!

Training 0-30
    Spoiler!

lvl 30-70 Training
    Spoiler!

Training 70-120
    Spoiler!

AP Builds
    Spoiler!

Suggested Gear
    Spoiler!

Not done of course, will post HP washing formula and update the gear to a higher lvl later today/this week.
    First guide I've posted, so PM or post directly if you feel I made mistakes! Thank you!
    Last edited by ithrow4luk; 16th October 2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Revisions
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Post-potential gear:
    With the latest release of potential weapons, the Aran has become that much more powerful.
    Of course, you will need to try and get % str for your gear. If that isn't possible for you (due to funding or just bad luck) getting +accuracy will be quite helpful for the time being. This will allow you to stay at a base of 4 dex without any accuracy problems. Hunting at mobs that drop warrior gear will be the best idea when it comes to getting your gear. A potentialed glove will more than make up not being able to afford an attack glove. Top and bottoms can easily get you +40 (or more) accuracy without the trouble of spamming Miracle cubes on the item. If accuracy is your problem, this is the key.

The best end-game weapon stays the same (Crimson Arcglaive) Having a % crit, % dmg to boss and % total dmg would be the best possible potential outcomes you could get on your pole arm. This is insanely rare to obtain though. The potential stats will all depend on the person's preference and funding for the character.

Gloves can now have a fun skill called "Decent Sharp Eyes". This will allow your Aran to self-cast the skill Sharp Eyes which will make you even more powerful when it comes to solo bossing and/or training.
    Last edited by ithrow4luk; 31st August 2010 at 12:33 AM.

~Reserved~

Drake

Just some brief comments for the guide as it is now.

Finally, somebody who understands that maxing triple swing 1st gives better contant damage which is needed more in training. I don't feel like a weirdo anymore .

For 2nd job I recommend getting lvl 1 BP especially after you get Combo Smash. BP helps keep your combo up even when stunned.

For 3rd job I would recommend going Snow Charge before critical. Somehow crits for me is more of a bossing thing than for training. Not only is Snow Charge consistent , it allows you to have elemental advantage early and to be able to train in awesome maps like Red Kents, Bains , and Red Wyverns.

Finally, I feel the justifications of the SP builds should be kept in Spoilers rather than the builds themselves. Feels weird seeing the explanations before you see the build.

This guide shows promise though. Good luck.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Oops, didn't mean to put the explanation outside the spoiler. Thanks for noticing that for me.
    I also was considering posting a build with snow charge first, but from what I read and from what I have been doing, the passive skills usually should be raised at least to a certain point if not first. You could reverse the two skills though. With either build, you would still be able to get decent kent exp and take full advantage from wyvern.

Drake

Well, based from my experience from Ice Charge during my WK days, I would say to be able to train effectively at Red Kents elemental advantage would be better than a passive crit. Coz on Red Kents it's not only about the damage you deal, they're seriously painful. Although snow charge can't freeze them, well at least it slows them.

I <3 Pooky !

Banned

A guildie started kents at 72, and he seemed to be doing fine. Drain, and especially body pressure is a god-send since you can't freeze.

Changed 3rd job build a little bit and added a "beta" 4th job build!

Do not like.
    Bad first job build, you should get a point into combo as soon as you get it, to get a feel for it.
    Leave Double Swing at 16, get 5 Combat Step, save up for an instant level 15 Booster at 22.
    SAVE UP FOR A MAX COMBOSMASH. Why do people not do this? It puts you at an instant advantage at 45. DEALING 10K DAMAGE AT 45 IN CPQ WILL NET YOU PROFIT. (EXP wise, anyway)
    MAXING OUT TRIPLE ATTACK ONLY RAISES YOUR DAMAGE BY A MINUSCULE AMOUNT. Like tiny. I don't even notice the difference, and most people won't.
    Also, putting in a few points into Charge early on will allow you to get the timing/rhythm of it, and WILL help with training/grinding.
    I personally put in 5 points into it early on, put points into Drain (around 15 for 4%), then max out BP.
    Next is Drain, and then the rest goes into Rush.
    Rush is INSANELY useful when training because you don't run out of mobs to kill; it lets you push forward when you train, without dropping your combo count.

Can't say about 3rd/4th, I'm not there and probably never will get there, and if I ever do get to 70, I'm quitting my Aran.
    Last edited by emailbox; 26th December 2009 at 04:38 PM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Drake

Well , im not sure that a 1st job build really matters for an aran , as long as you end up with the same thing at lvl 30. Took me like , a day of casual playing without 2x to hit 30. Saving up for Combo Smash isn't really neccessary. In fact, for people who are decently funded , Max Combo Smash is actually overkill for CPQ. It's like.....Bishops already capable of 1hit KOing Skeles still trying to improve their Genesis lvl. Triple swing on the other hand , helps you clear monsters while charging up for smash. In fact, with maxed TS , I could 1 hit ko pretty much everything in CPQ except rombots which required 2 TSs. Generally what I did in CPQ :

lWalll x xx x x x x x x x Me x x x x x x x x x lWalll

Take Xs as monsters , face right , kill everything with TS charges up usually just enough , like 30, 31 combo counters and 1 smash takes care of the left. Works very well.

Plus , for conventional training, TS gives what matters to people who grind : Damage consistency. Think of Triple Swing as Advanced Charged Combo and Combo Smash as Coma and compare which would be better for mobbing

I <3 Pooky !