Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Aran guide, SP+AP build and training spots!

Thread: Aran guide, SP+AP build and training spots!

Hybrid View

Default Aran guide, SP+AP build and training spots!

Well, from making an Aran, I chose to make this char my current main character. After looking through HS, I saw there were no real guides for Aran. I'll create a guide for now and will add more later and will accept suggestions. I will also create banners and whatnot to make this thread super awesome!
    Spoiler!

1st job SP build (This is not set in stone, final AP should be the same though)
    Spoiler!

The AP build will be determined by amount of funds and how much you are willing to miss at first. I of course kept dex at 4 and went all into STR. My view on a capped dex should be 30 at most. I will go into more detail on this later if this guide is actually used.

2nd job SP build
    Spoiler!

3rd job build There are actually two common builds that I have read and will post both. I am currently going with the first one.

Spoiler!

This build was posted by a southperry forum member and all credit will go to him.
    Spoiler!

4th Job SP build
    Spoiler!

Training 0-30
    Spoiler!

lvl 30-70 Training
    Spoiler!

Training 70-120
    Spoiler!

AP Builds
    Spoiler!

Suggested Gear
    Spoiler!

Not done of course, will post HP washing formula and update the gear to a higher lvl later today/this week.
    First guide I've posted, so PM or post directly if you feel I made mistakes! Thank you!
    Last edited by ithrow4luk; 16th October 2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Revisions
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Post-potential gear:
    With the latest release of potential weapons, the Aran has become that much more powerful.
    Of course, you will need to try and get % str for your gear. If that isn't possible for you (due to funding or just bad luck) getting +accuracy will be quite helpful for the time being. This will allow you to stay at a base of 4 dex without any accuracy problems. Hunting at mobs that drop warrior gear will be the best idea when it comes to getting your gear. A potentialed glove will more than make up not being able to afford an attack glove. Top and bottoms can easily get you +40 (or more) accuracy without the trouble of spamming Miracle cubes on the item. If accuracy is your problem, this is the key.

The best end-game weapon stays the same (Crimson Arcglaive) Having a % crit, % dmg to boss and % total dmg would be the best possible potential outcomes you could get on your pole arm. This is insanely rare to obtain though. The potential stats will all depend on the person's preference and funding for the character.

Gloves can now have a fun skill called "Decent Sharp Eyes". This will allow your Aran to self-cast the skill Sharp Eyes which will make you even more powerful when it comes to solo bossing and/or training.
    Last edited by ithrow4luk; 31st August 2010 at 12:33 AM.

~Reserved~

Drake

Just some brief comments for the guide as it is now.

Finally, somebody who understands that maxing triple swing 1st gives better contant damage which is needed more in training. I don't feel like a weirdo anymore .

For 2nd job I recommend getting lvl 1 BP especially after you get Combo Smash. BP helps keep your combo up even when stunned.

For 3rd job I would recommend going Snow Charge before critical. Somehow crits for me is more of a bossing thing than for training. Not only is Snow Charge consistent , it allows you to have elemental advantage early and to be able to train in awesome maps like Red Kents, Bains , and Red Wyverns.

Finally, I feel the justifications of the SP builds should be kept in Spoilers rather than the builds themselves. Feels weird seeing the explanations before you see the build.

This guide shows promise though. Good luck.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Oops, didn't mean to put the explanation outside the spoiler. Thanks for noticing that for me.
    I also was considering posting a build with snow charge first, but from what I read and from what I have been doing, the passive skills usually should be raised at least to a certain point if not first. You could reverse the two skills though. With either build, you would still be able to get decent kent exp and take full advantage from wyvern.

Drake

Well, based from my experience from Ice Charge during my WK days, I would say to be able to train effectively at Red Kents elemental advantage would be better than a passive crit. Coz on Red Kents it's not only about the damage you deal, they're seriously painful. Although snow charge can't freeze them, well at least it slows them.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post

The AP build will be determined by amount of funds and how much you are willing to miss at first. I of course kept dex at 4 and went all into STR. My view on a capped dex should be 30 at most. I will go into more detail on this later if this guide is actually used.

2nd job SP build
    Spoiler!
    Glad you're not one of those idiots that says "Hold off on raising Triple Hit until after you max out Smash." Yea, you can do that, but then your combo sux, and you probably will lose on CPQ or the like. Still, I'm not that big a fan of DEXless. MapleWiki says you need roughly your lvl x 2 to do well as an Aran, and I believe them. Why? Because unlike warriors, you have to maintain a fairly steady combo count, which means a minimum of misses. So, no it's not really about damage (combos boost damage in later levels through crits) it's more about DPS. The trick is, be sure to give stat boosting gear, so that if you autostat (which would give you 3:2 itself), when you've gone past your level x 2 in DEX, it will raise STR pure. This should let your attack catch up without worrying about specific build.

I like this way of thinking on the skills build though. Alternatively, if you're more a mass build type, max Charge, and and cap Smash. Smash at 10 will do 500% of 700% which is better than even corkscrew for pirates.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 1st January 2010 at 09:07 AM.

Although the fact that misses hurt arans the most out of all warriors classes, 2*lvl is extremly out-dated. I currently have 206 acc with a 4 base dex on my Aran. The most an aran needs to hit skelegons is 14x which is incredibly easy to achieve. That's why I think 20-30 dex at most would be the usual non-funded end-game amount of dex

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Ahh, the old build of 3:2 is NOT how warriors of any type are built anymore. This is viable up until around 25 at most, but having more than 50 base dex is just overkill on accuracy. On my DK, I 100% hit the mobs I train on with 40 base dex. With my Karstan (the weapon of choice for many <120 Arans) I can 100% hit mobs much higher than me. I do NOT have a zhelm. I am using a 100% dexed overall. I am using a str cape and really bad acc shoes. If you have a decent understanding of the game, it is extremely easy to just cap dex at <50.
    Arans excel at places like Magatia. Many mobs (like Roids) have low avoid compared to other mobs around the lvl. Since this map is already the ideal training place for Arans, you might as well take advantage of the low avoid.
    3:2 is a generalized system. No, dexless is not for everyone, but 3:2 is just for those too lazy to figure out their own build. You cap dex at what is right for your lvl and plan ahead.

Spoiler!

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

I'm at level 40, and (with stat boosts) have about 88 dex. Hmmmmmmm, should I cap? Yea, MAYBE.

Well, the good news is I have practically no miss chance for alot of things, the bad news is that high dex seems to be influenced by stuff like blind. I'm effectively a noob in terms of warrior builds (I spent my first several classes making mages), so the warrior build doesn't make much sense to me. I tried a pirate with 3:2, 4:1, and 5:0 build, I couldn't seem to find the right mix. I even tried raising pure STR for awhile, and my pirate still sucked.

I wish the sig thing I've got would fix for Aran. Now neither my class nor level show properly.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 2nd January 2010 at 02:22 AM.