Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Viewing specific posts in thread

Default Viewing specific posts in thread

Before the update, looking for a specific person's post in a thread was easy by clicking the # of posts besides the thread's name. Then clicking the user's # of posts. This would direct to a page full of the users posts in this specific thread. Well, now that doesn't work. It seems to just move me to a page full of threads in which the user has posted in.

A mouth full, yes, but I was wondering if that could be fixed.

Hmm. To be honest I've never really used that function before, so I can't imagine how it works like previously. I'll look into this issue nevertheless.

I use this a lot too, would be cool if it was fixed

I noticed that when you click on the # of posts, the search url http://hidden-street.net/forum/searc...threadid=14735 changes to http://hidden-street.net/forum/search.php?searchid=3042 when it gets resolved. Maybe that has something to do with it?
    Last edited by sleepyxdude; 28th December 2009 at 10:55 PM.
    Spoiler!

Thanks for the further details. I've sent in a support request with vB as this goes beyond my level of understanding of the system - will update you guys when I get a reply from them.

Seems like a good idea... never used the feature before?? Is it similar to the search on regular forums?

It shows a specific post only. If you link the the small hyperlink it brings you to it.
    (All these database mods be popping from everywhere)

This is what their support team has to say :

showpost.php was removed it should now link you to the post just not in its own page.

Wait, what?

The problem is that this link doesn't move into a page full of posts and post links from this specific member on this specific thread. now it move me to a page full of threads that the specific user posted in.
    Last edited by PhoenixRider; 31st December 2009 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    Wait, what?

The problem is that this link doesn't move into a page full of posts and post links from this specific member on this specific thread. now it move me to a page full of threads that the specific user posted in.
    Issue has been followed up with, will let you know when they reply.

I followed up with them with the exact image and words you have mentioned, PhoenixRider, and this is their reply:

What is the link that it provides?
    I'm feeling quite nauseous right now and have no clue what they're referring to. Would you be able to provide me more details as to this "link" they're asking for?