Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
[General] "Billion" Merchanting Guide - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Billion" Merchanting Guide

I don't see how that is, Flamel. You see, our world is based all around this sort of merchanting technique. Think about it. For example, the supermarket buys the bananas for cheap, giving almost nothing to the farmers who grow them, but then sells it to us for almost 150% profit.

I know that it's on a different context but the meaning is still the same. Besides, you don't really find that many noob sellers these days anyway. Look at how many people use Basil nowadays...

You are only preaching morals to provide an opposition. When you merchant something you should be fully aware of its value and what you are looking for. You take a risk and responsibility when you open your shop or open your mouth to sell something. You two can stop kidding yourselves and cut the pseudo Dhalai Lama-Mother Theresa "all about equality" act. I know for a fact that if you saw two shops next to each other one selling Steely's for 1.2m and one for 1.2k..you'd buy the ones for 1.2k without thinking. Everyone is looking for a deal on items and when you can get one, you take it. Scamming would be convincing a newbie to pay high for an item. Even then..their hands are not physically forced and they can easily go cruise the fm to find a price commonality. It's the nature of the business.."buy low, sell high"..first day of marketing and business class. I don't need to say this, you two already realize how hypocritical your "views" are. (And I quote them because I know you know the weakness of that argument..and the irony of it. if you dont..-.-'..Id perhaps consider hiring a friend to do all your bargaining and shopping so you don't get stiffed.)

A good source of money during levels 20-30 is the DANGER quests.
    (The ones where you kill 99 of a monster.)
    You can get like 30% and 100 useful potions.

If you're poor around levels 30-50, you can always get money from selling CPQ wins.
    I've been getting 100k per PQ, sitting there for 10 minutes.

You can also sell broken glasses from LPQ for about 70m.

Then once you reach levels 51-70 LMPQ is an excellent source of mesos.
    About 3-5mil per level is nice.
    Lots of people in Scania.

"Awesome" Choose your own adventure 4.
    Part 4.2 coming soon. By soon, I mean probably never.

Spoiler!

Abbotsford and Surrey, BC, in Canada, in an Igloo

Bargaining is key to being rich. Simple as that. When I first began merchanting I took advantage of noobs, selling diamonds to them for 50k, most accepted, but some were to poor. I love the bargains were you get a really rare item for so little, like a few days ago, I got a Maple Lama Staff(i am so proud!) from a level 25 warrior for a Zard, and 20k. what a deal. I love taking advantage of noobs (I don't scam, just take advantage).

Abbotsford and Surrey, BC, in Canada, in an Igloo

Quote Originally Posted by dajnmonkey View Post
    A good source of money during levels 20-30 is the DANGER quests.
    (The ones where you kill 99 of a monster.)
    You can get like 30% and 100 useful potions.

If you're poor around levels 30-50, you can always get money from selling CPQ wins.
    I've been getting 100k per PQ, sitting there for 10 minutes.

You can also sell broken glasses from LPQ for about 70m.

Then once you reach levels 51-70 LMPQ is an excellent source of mesos.
    About 3-5mil per level is nice.
    In bold:You need to karma them, just like the squishy shoes, which you can get sell for 30 mil, but they both cost 1.4k or 1.8k nx cash. I'd rather merchant with that.

Make sure you include most of the Scroll Rewarded quests. Such as Pia and the Blue Mushroom, Jane and the Wild Boar, Subanci's Legacy and a few more I can't remember.

now im pissed i cant find a vidoe nor do i find a person who knows how much are the money bags in ms. i want to know cus i tending to buying mesos from one of those websites or buy the money bags some one reply me.

I lolled at this. Which world do you live in? Is maplestory some kind of magical place where you can escape having to look for the price of things before you sell them? No. It isn't. Anyone who has played a mmo online realizes this. If you don't, you haven't lost enough money yet. It happens to everyone every now and again. A scam has the buyer, or seller getting something they did not expect or did not want from the trade. This isn't the case.

Lucky find: Finding a low priced item in someone's shop
    Naughty merchanting: Finding a newb with a good item and talking him into selling it to you for a low price.
    Scamming: Drop games, trying tricks like closing trades and replacing higher value items with worthless items, etc.

It's the seller's fault for underpricing items in their shop. Being merchants themselves, they should have researched their item values more thoroughly. Someone agreeing to a price on an item makes the trade legitimate. I'm not saying it's right to try and target newbies for any rare items they have. I've done it plenty of times, and I don't claim to be a holy merchant. If people always bought and sold things for their actual value, merchanting in MMO's wouldn't exist.

As far as the guide, you explained the basics pretty well, but merchanting can only explained so much. It's all based on time, dedication, and most of all, luck :p
    Last edited by Areks; 5th July 2010 at 07:33 AM.
    Mudkip 66 Lann

This guide really helped me, but I think the comments helped a lot too O.o