Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide Section "Revamp"

Default Guide Section "Revamp"

So I requested a shuffling of the Guide section and it's been done.

Legacy refers to anything pre-Big Bang era - These guides are extremely old and probably not useful, nor will they be updated. They're here for nostalgia/honorable mention reasons.

Previous Patches refer to guides made since Big Bang, and we request that you use the appropriate [Prefix] for whatever patch you're writing the guide for. Ie, if you wrote a guide for a class for the Ascension update, then tag it as [Ascension]. Anything that is not current with the latest skill changes for a given class will be sent here.

Current is just that, guides that are current with the patch live on GMS servers. Note that one does not have to update his/her guide for every single patch, since skill changes tend to happen slightly infrequently. However, if one does not update their guide within a week (more or less...) of significant skill changes that alter the playstyle or SP allocation of a class, it will be moved to the Previous Patches section and tagged with the appropriate prefix. Updating it and sending me, Clockwork, or Tesiqurasa a message will see it reinstated into the "Current" section~

As of my updating this post, guides that involve the most recent adventurer skill update (Warriors, Mages, Bowmen) require updating.

-emailbox
    Last edited by emailbox; 18th October 2012 at 03:58 AM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

I think HS's archer bandwagon should be able to write something for that. I'd write an I/L guide if I knew enough.
    Bathis - 13x Ice/Lightning Archmage
    Level 130 [X ] - Level 140 [ ] - 10K minimum range [ ] - 30% int from eq [ ]

Signature made by Blankaex

I would write an archer guide If i weren't awful t writing guides
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bishopz View Post
    I would write an archer guide If i weren't awful t writing guides
    I'm getting tired of seeing people say they can't write guides. It's not rocket surgery.

1. Do what CVS did and check out other guides to get an idea for layout.
    2. Give the info about stats and skills.
    3. Include extra info you think would help.
    4. Make sure you write it so someone new to the game can follow and understand.

It's not hard at all.

You should count in Neo's Dual Blade guide. If you aren't, I'd be happy to write one. My previous best character was a Bandit, but I haven't played that in ages and screwed it up. I think it'd be okay if I wrote a guide for it, though, and got others' help.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    I'm getting tired of seeing people say they can't write guides. It's not rocket surgery.

1. Do what CVS did and check out other guides to get an idea for layout.
    2. Give the info about stats and skills.
    3. Include extra info you think would help.
    4. Make sure you write it so someone new to the game can follow and understand.

It's not hard at all.

Exactly. They do take a bit of time to write if you plan on formatting them or making them look nice, etc., but apart from that, a guide is relatively easy to write; it's your opinion on how to play a/the class.
    Obviously there are things that are completely wrong or just not feasible for most people, but that's what the peer reviewing is for.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

I would totally write Aran and Bowmaster guides, particularly bowmaster since I might just be the resident expert on archers... But hey I barely have time to do stuff like that anymore.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Exactly. They do take a bit of time to write if you plan on formatting them or making them look nice, etc., but apart from that, a guide is relatively easy to write; it's your opinion on how to play a/the class.
    Obviously there are things that are completely wrong or just not feasible for most people, but that's what the peer reviewing is for.
    I'll do one on I/L mages then, provided you'll be nice to my 4th job part.
    Bathis - 13x Ice/Lightning Archmage
    Level 130 [X ] - Level 140 [ ] - 10K minimum range [ ] - 30% int from eq [ ]

Signature made by Blankaex

I'll try to finish my bishop guide sometime soon.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 27th October 2011 at 08:25 PM.

So... Neo's DB Guide hasn't been added to the list yet, but it hasn't been updated for Ascension either. I don't think there were any changes for DB, though, I did notice Mirror Image was 70% damage instead of 80%, IIRC. I'm not sure when this change occurred, either. If you want, I can write a guide for DB, and keep it up to date.