Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: xtreme702's Guide to the Dawn Warrior v1.0

Default xtreme702's Guide to the Dawn Warrior v1.0

Last updated February 7, 2010

The Dawn Warrior
    Still a work in progress, feedback is appreciated.

Version Notes
    v1.0: 30 December 2009 - Guide Created
    v1.1: 4 January 2010 - Attempted to Add Pictures (Fail..pic limit)
    v1.1: 16 January 2010 - Added in alternative build 2nd Job and 3rd Job

Table Of Contents
    • Introduction
    • Why Dawn Warrior?
    • AP Allocation
    • 1 handed vs. 2 handed Swords
    • Skills List
    • 1st Job Advance / Builds
    • 2nd Job Advance / Builds
    • 3rd Job Advance / Builds
    • Conclusion
    • Credits

Introduction

Dawn Warriors are one of the 5 Cygnus Knight Classes. They are the "Holy Warrior Class." The Master Dawn Warrior is Mihile and he will teach you everything there is to know about the Dawn Warrior. Dawn Warriors have several awesome attacks. We can use holy powers to take down our enemies easier. We can summon swords from the skies to rain down upon our enemies. Dawn Warriors are extremely easy to level and are also quite fun to level. However, since we are apart of the Cygnus Knights, most of the maple community dislikes us...Cygnus Knights have a level cap of 120 and also receive 6 AP per level until level 70 (which makes us overpowered).

Why Dawn Warrior?

Pros
    • Flashy Skills
    • High Damage
    • 6 AP till level 70
    • Ranged Attacks
    • Flash Jump-like skill
    • Holy Element
    • Very easy to train (Mob Skills)

Cons
    • Slow Attacks
    • Largely Disliked
    • Expensive Weapons
    • Can only use swords
    • 120 Level Cap

AP Allocation

There are several different ways to allocate your AP as a Dawn Warrior. There are also several different caps for your DEX as a Dawn Warrior. I will try to give you an idea of how much DEX you want below.

Allocation: Depending on your Dex-Build, you add a certain amount of DEX per level and the rest goes into STR.

Dexless: This AP build adds 0, zilch, nada DEX from level 1-120. This build requires TONS of funding and also gives max damage. All AP will go into STR.

Low-Dex: This is quite possibly the most common AP build for Warriors in general. It requires less funding than Dexless Warriors and can be just as powerful. Low-Dex warriors will usually cap their DEX between 20-30. You will probably be adding enough DEX so that your DEX is equal to your level until somewhere between 20-30 all leftover AP will be dumped into STR.

Normal-Dex: Very easy to maintain, require a bit of funding but not nearly as much as Dexless or Low-Dex. Normal-Dex Warriors are not as powerful as Low-Dex or Dexless and usually cap their DEX between 30-45. You will also add enough DEX so that your DEX is equal to your level and you will stop adding DEX somewhere between level 30-45. All leftover AP will be dumped into STR.

High-Dex: Require absolutely no funding. Good if you are starting a brand new character. These Warriors will still be strong but you will be laughed at because of how high your DEX is. High-Dex Warriors usually use un-scrolled items and cap their DEX between 50-60. You can also add enough DEX so that your DEX is equal to your level, or, you can add enough DEX so that your DEX is equal to twice your level and stop adding DEX somewhere between 50-60. All leftover AP will be dumped into STR.

Anything higher than 60 and you basically screwed yourself over and you should restart...just kidding, you just have insanely high DEX and should consider resetting some AP.

1 Handed Swords VS. 2 Handed Swords

There has been an ongoing dispute as to whether you should use 1h or 2h Swords. Personally I prefer 2h Swords because there is quite a larger supply of well-scrolled 2h Swords and also because they look cooler! They also have higher ATTK than 1h Swords. However, 1h Swords have a fairly noticeable speed boost, not to mention if you use 1h Swords, you can also use shields. These Shields can be scrolled for STR and ATTK and thus the damage evens out, BUT, now the 1h Swordsman will have a higher DPS because of the speed of 1h Swords.

For extremely funded people, it would be a good idea to use 1h Swords, it is a 1 time investment (Buying a decent ATTK shield) but if you aren't a Billionaire or not willing to spend hundreds of millions of mesos, then use 2h Swords.

List Of Skills

1st Job
    Spoiler!

2nd Job
    Spoiler!

3rd Job
    Spoiler!

First Job Advance

Requirements
    • Level 10

Procedure
    1. Talk to Tactician Neinheart to receive his(?) quest
    2. Talk to Mihile now and accept his quest.
    3. Talk to Mihile again and Voila, you are now a Dawn Warrior

First Job Skill Builds

Slash Blast First Build
    Spoiler!

Minimal Soul Build (Modified Slash Blast First Build)
    Spoiler!

Power Strike First Build
    Spoiler!

Minimal Soul Build (Modified Power Strike First Build)
    Spoiler!

There might be a couple more variations of the 1st Job Skill Build, feel free to post them below and I'll be sure to add them in.

2nd Job Advance

Requirements
    • Level 30
    • 1st Job Advance as a Dawn Warrior
    • 50 HP potions, 50 MP potions, and maybe some Sniper Pills depending on how high your accuracy is.

Procedure
    1. Get to Level 30
    2. Return to Ereve and talk to Tactician Neinheart
    3. Talk to Mihile and accept the Knighthood Examination
    4. Proceed to the Drill Hall and collect 30 of the drops from the Tigurus inside
    5. Return to Mihile and talk to him
    6. Congratulations! You are now an Official Knight as a Dawn Warrior

2nd Job Skill Builds

Suggested Build
    Spoiler!

Max Soul Blade Build
    Spoiler!

There are several more variations of the 2nd Job Skill Build, feel free to post them below and I'll be sure to add them in.

3rd Job Advance

Requirements
    • Level 70.
    • 1 Dark Crystal.
    • 1st and 2nd Job Advancements already completed.
    • 50 HP pots, 50 MP pots, maybe some Sniper Pills depending on your accuracy.

Procedure
    1. Get to level 70
    2. Return to Ereve and talk to Tactician Neinheart
    3. Accept Tactician Neinheart's Quest: "The Lost Treasure"
    4. Talk to Mihile
    5. Accept Mihile's Quest: "Master of Disguises"
    6. Return to Tactician Neinheart and accept his(?) quest: "Ereve Investigation Permit"
    7. Bring 1 Dark Crystal to Tactician Neinheart in order to receive the Ereve Investigation Permit and complete the "Master of Disguises" Quest.
    8. Proceed to Timu's Forest and talk to Mihile.
    9. Defeat the Imposter and pick up the item dropped.
    10. Return to Mihile
    11. Accept his Quest: "Shinsoo's Teardrop"
    12. Talk to Mihile again and Congratulations! You are now an Advanced Knight as a Dawn Warrior.

3rd Job Skill Builds

Suggested Build
    Spoiler!

Soul Charge First Build
    Spoiler!

There are many more variations of the 3rd Job Skill Build, feel free to post your own below, and I'll be sure to add it in.

Conclusion
    As you can probably see this guide is still a work in progress. Please feel free to offer any suggestions, point out errors, etc. Feel free to pm me any questions or post your questions below, I will be sure to check up on them quite often. Thanks for reading and I hope I may have helped you!

Credits
    global.hidden-street.net for the list of skills/quests.
    youtube for some Job Advancement Videos.
    sleepywood.net for some alternate builds.
    CybeR AkumA for some more alternate skill builds.
    Me for taking out about 3 hours to make this guide!
    Last edited by xtreme702; 8th February 2010 at 02:01 AM.
    null set [ ]

Post it in the guide section 8D
    Hey cools I don't have a spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by pWnZIngY0U34 View Post
    mayB try bigfoot. its godd exp to lvl up with

ops i mean good*
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme702 View Post
    CDFA's just a total dumbass half the forum knows that by now...

Olol, I thought we had to post it here first and then it gets approved and put into the Guides Section, like SW O.o
    null set [ ]

Banned

You forgot to add "Only goes up to 120" in the Con section. Seriously, you take Dawn Warriors too seriously.

Said it in the Intro... but sure I'll add that in.
    null set [ ]

Banned

Also, where it says "low-dex:" and such, trying bolding the "Low-dex:" Text. It looks a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulation View Post
    Also, where it says "low-dex:" and such, trying bolding the "Low-dex:" Text. It looks a lot better.
    Done

post2short
    null set [ ]

Banned

Hope this isn't a double post, but also. The Dawn warrior Job advancer is a Male, so you can remove the (?).

Wow, I'm helping out a lot already.

Banned

Another (Bigger) suggestion would be to add images of each skills under the Skill tab. Not necessary, but can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulation View Post
    Hope this isn't a double post, but also. The Dawn warrior Job advancer is a Male, so you can remove the (?).

Wow, I'm helping out a lot already.
    No I meant Tactician Neinheart, is he(?) a he?

And yeah, I'll add in pictures and maybe animations later on.
    null set [ ]