Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
"Free to play" and NX Discussion - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Free to play" and NX Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    I feel this Cash Shop approach was done very well (especially with the release of MTS)
    Yea I love paying 3$'s for that pixel shirt that'll only last 3 months.
    CS is a bit over priced, I'm saying max of 2$'s for an overall and maybe 800-1.4k on the shirts and what not.

Besides all that, Nexon seems to be getting better as a company compared to lol2005-06.
    PAPULATAPATAPUS

Drake

You think GMS's CS is overpriced ? Look over at SEA's. Hammers and Scissors cost 12k @cash each here. But yeah, I agree that cash is needed to keep the game running and that player only have themselves to blame for being weak at resisiting temptation should they someday blame Nexon for their cash expenditure.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    You can't really say that NX is all bad just because it's not readily available; Nexon does have to make money, but I disagree with their methods.
    kMS, IMO, has the best NX system, where you get permanent NX equips, and none of this 2x crap (which I'm in total disagreement with).
    The one thing that bothers me about kMS though is that you can sell CS items in a shop, which is worse than even MTS, which requires at least a SMALL amount of work =/
    Many game companies are gaining profit by creating a game for everyone to play. They are using act of persuasion against children/teens so they can obtain their parents money from buying their products. Such as the advantage of nx cash, Nexon isn't the only one who has this advantage, other games like for example, Club Penguin are doing this too. Nothing is free in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Aperature View Post
    Yea I love paying 3$'s for that pixel shirt that'll only last 3 months.
    CS is a bit over priced, I'm saying max of 2$'s for an overall and maybe 800-1.4k on the shirts and what not.

Besides all that, Nexon seems to be getting better as a company compared to lol2005-06.
    That's why I like kMS's system better. It's pretty rare that someone will wear the same outfit for their entire Mapling career, so they made equips in CS permanent.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Icon11

Almost everything that I can think of in the cashshop that would give an unfair advantage has a free equivalent in the game that can be purchased with mesos somewhere. Vega scrolls are countered with 50% and white 100% scrolls. Although these are obtained through gatcha, there are a lot of them being sold in the fm. Clean slate scrolls are the counter for vicious hammers, and sometimes these work even better than the hammers do. These are also obtained from gatcha, but once again, there's a lot being sold in the fm. 2x is countered with nexon's 2x events and the family system 2x. Teleport rocks from the cs are countered with family teleport. A lot of the things that are obtained from gatchapon can either be obtained from some monster/pq or in the fm. Anyone can take their old items that they were gonna sell in the fm and sell them in the mts and get nx from that avenue. I've known people who've gotten tons and tons of nx from the mts without spending a dollar in real $. Pets with loot and autopot are conveniences, many people live just fine without them by looting and potting themselves. Owls are also conveniences, you can scan the fm yourself if you really want to find what you're looking for. What you sell in a shop you can probably sell outside of a shop also.

NX is the fast, easy way to get ahead in the game. Just about every advantage you can gain with NX you can gain without it, it will just take longer, require more work, and be a pain in the ***. That's the advantage Nexon gives to their supporters.

Side comments:
    kms has permanent CS D:? I want permanent CS T_T.
    msea also has 24 hour 2x cards those are nice also. (but keep the 4 hr 2x cards we have they're a good cheap alternative xD)

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Gonna add some stimulant to this thread, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonous View Post
    That being said, I would lean toward moderate pro-nx. You can't blame people for supporting a game that they enjoy, even if it is for spamming smegas or MTS-whoring or something of that nature. It ends up paying for things like new servers, such as the one we just got recently(sans the problems with latency, as that was fixed fairly quickly). Above all, like the description says, you never have to actually touch anything cash-related. You could easily make a character, get to level 200, cap mesos, etc., all without ever spending money on the game just as well as anyone else.
    Yes, but what about the whole "NX features do not give an unfair advantage to other players" shtick? Isn't it unfair that someone who really enjoys this game has to work harder than a spoiled brat who steals money from his/her parents and whines about little bugs and glitches all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by StormBreaker View Post
    I think I'm Moderate Anti-NX. I believe they have more than enough money and just want MORE, MORE, MORE! The Cash Shop should only have items like equip masking, megaphones, that sort of stuff...shops should be available from in-game, probably from a quest or with mesos. 2x exp/drop...they aren't fair but if you don't have much time or patience you can get them with real money and make it easier for yourself.
    If they just want more money than is enough, shouldn't the United States just do away with the entire concept of capitalism altogether? And anyway, why should items that make no money for the company be made available? Isn't the point of a company to bring in a profit? How could Nexon support itself if it just stopped charging real money for the most in-demand items? NX Clothes could turn a profit, sure. But with less income comes less updates and bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    NX is the fast, easy way to get ahead in the game. Just about every advantage you can gain with NX you can gain without it, it will just take longer, require more work, and be a pain in the ***. That's the advantage Nexon gives to their supporters.
    Same question as before. If this game is 100% free-to-play, why is some content restricted while the lesser ones are free? The entire Haunted Mansion was restricted to non-NX clothed people when it first came out, and there was no MTS. Isn't it unfair that you can pay your way through the game and never have to work? Why even bother selling multipliers, why not just sell levels and characters?
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    Side comments:
    kms has permanent CS D:? I want permanent CS T_T.
    msea also has 24 hour 2x cards those are nice also. (but keep the 4 hr 2x cards we have they're a good cheap alternative xD)
    Yes they have perma clothes, very useful. Pets, shops, etc still expire though.

do want 24h 2x plz

bolt202/veil225/feint200

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

They do kinda sell characters with that stupid "Maple Life System".
    Even though a lvl 30 char only takes a few hours now, the concept is somewhat stupid.

But at stormbreaker:
    No duh Nexon wants more money. Most businesses want to grow, expand, and turn a profit. That's the point of a business. Eventually you will learn not everything can be idealistic.
    If a person under the age of 18 wants to play this game and buy Nx, it is up to the parents to set a limit. Telling the kid he can NEVER buy any won't help because he will just go around his parents' backs to obtain Nx. Teaching limits is extremely important. I see nothing wrong with paying a small amount every 3 months or so to further enjoy the game.
    When you see people spending insane amounts of Nx, it isn't Nexon's fault; it is a failure of self-control (either by the parents or the user). Parents shouldn't just ignore their children's purchases because handling money is a very serious matter.

Spoiler!

StormBreaker

But at stormbreaker:
    No duh Nexon wants more money. Most businesses want to grow, expand, and turn a profit. That's the point of a business. Eventually you will learn not everything can be idealistic.
    If a person under the age of 18 wants to play this game and buy Nx, it is up to the parents to set a limit. Telling the kid he can NEVER buy any won't help because he will just go around his parents' backs to obtain Nx. Teaching limits is extremely important. I see nothing wrong with paying a small amount every 3 months or so to further enjoy the game.
    When you see people spending insane amounts of Nx, it isn't Nexon's fault; it is a failure of self-control (either by the parents or the user). Parents shouldn't just ignore their children's purchases because handling money is a very serious matter.
    Yes, I know companies(and most people) want money. It's their ways to get it that I don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBreaker View Post
    Yes, I know companies(and most people) want money. It's their ways to get it that I don't agree with.
    It's about the exact same way anyother company gets their money.. o.o
    You don't see many commercials point out flaws in their product (unless legal issues are in order)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.