Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Dexless Aran
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dexless Aran

Default Dexless Aran

Im thinking about making a dexless aran (basedex 4)

i can definitely afford the dex/acc gear but wondering if it would be worth it.

Seeing as they are warrior class with advantages such as splash normal attack etc im thinking they would be very strong dexless characters.

opinions?
    Search "Sambo88" in MTS Cheap Quitting Sale. (At least 2-4k lower than lowest price)
    *Been playing since 0.02 BETA.....
    The good old times include:
    -There was only victoria island.
    -No 3rd job, no LPQ or any PQ other than KPQ
    -Every1 traded at the bottom of Perion ch1.(No Fm)
    -No critical "purple" colouring. (You couldnt tell if you crited or not)
    -New chars started with choice of eye colour. (Blue black, hazel, brown or red)
    -No Gameguard. = Fly hacking jump quests etc.

Drake

Arans are insanely strong when dexless.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Getting dexless as a warrior is insanely easy. The best boost you can get for a new aran would be blessing of fairy since it gives attack+acc depending on the lvl
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Default Alternative

So, I hate seeing the "MISS" and added acc is a real help. with the combo system, damage isnt the King without the combo up. I did some math and found that a SUPER HIGH dex (250 cap) would give enough accuracy to hit almost every creature in teh game and sacrifice approximately 16% of the damage. given the insane multipliers we get and the skills with even more insane multipliers, plus High Mastery....why not stay cheap, accurate, etc with a normal or even a High dex character?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Archaedon View Post
    So, I hate seeing the "MISS" and added acc is a real help. with the combo system, damage isnt the King without the combo up. I did some math and found that a SUPER HIGH dex (250 cap) would give enough accuracy to hit almost every creature in teh game and sacrifice approximately 16% of the damage. given the insane multipliers we get and the skills with even more insane multipliers, plus High Mastery....why not stay cheap, accurate, etc with a normal or even a High dex character?
    Because missing really stops practically completely after 50. With a zhelm, you'll have no problem going dexless at that point, with a scorpio if you can get one, a guan yu polearm if not for a semi-cheap replacement, then you pick up a karstan at 64, and be able to hit pretty much anything around your level.

250 dex is ridiculous, no matter what class you are, sans archer. Even if you wanted high dex, 100 dex is way more than enough to cap at. For arans, that's 100 accuracy right there, along with the bonuses you get from masteries, and possibly weapons and armors, it's pointless to get anything past that.

I have 4 base dex on my aran and can hit EVERYTHING in game
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    I have 4 base dex on my aran and can hit EVERYTHING in game
    I second this.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

250 dex may allow you to hit everything in the game, but this is probably including things like Grandpa (which you have NO need for), and I doubt it takes equips into consideration.
    My Drk in Galicia is going fine at 40 dex (without a zhelm or significant acc equips). I even plan to reset that back down to 20 (if I can ever play maple again...)

250 dex is beyond insane. It's just stupid insane. You'd be better off throwing most of those points into HP, because after a point, dex does NOT help much. Use an Andras hat karamed from a warrior mule if you really can't afford a Zhelm/Scarlion. However, it is honestly not that difficult to make 60m or so, especially in established servers. You gain accuracy from Dex, Luk (and of course, Acc). Pendants give Dex and Luk. Zhelms/Scarlions give Dex/Luk/Acc. Maple weapons give acc. Medals give Dex/Luk/acc. Rings give Dex/luk/acc. Overalls can be 100%ed for nothing to give +10 extra dex. You can cheaply maker equips for dex/acc (and luk if you REALLY needed a minimal acc boost...I guess...). Take the time to lvl up a noob char to 3x or 4x for a +3-4 blessing (+3-4 acc).

Getting the accuracy you need is very easy, it just takes a bit of thinking. Upgrading your dex past 50 is a very bad idea.

Spoiler!

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

In theory, yes. In actual fact, NO. These multipliers mean even 16% is way multiplied about of proportion. Let's give an example: Suppose you have roughly 3/5 of the damage of a dexless aran (I dunno, since I'm not dexless, so I'll list a theoretical number) dealing about 500 average damage with a basic attack. You deal about 250% with a maxed out triple attack, and it takes roughly 10 of those (2500%) to get to counter 30, where you can finish with the 700% smash. Okay that's 500x32 (3200/100 to get percent) = 16000 versus 300x32 = 9600 That's not even counting the damage in between for first and double strike. But assuming my math is correct (it usually isn't), that is a rather HUGE difference. The best solution that I can come up with is capping at about level 30 or 40. With a warrior I'd suggest a 4:1 build, maxing at about 40 dex, but since combos make a greater accuracy need, go with the 3:2 until 40. This way, 80 dex is just enough to hit stuff decently, and still enough to do substantial damage. I did this, and you know what people said? They actually complemented me on my damage (at least 2 ppl).

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Upgrading your dex past 50 is a very bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    This way, 80 dex is just enough to hit stuff decently, and still enough to do substantial damage. I did this,
    lol. u win agin

bolt202/veil225/feint200