Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Donations and Username Change

The ability to use custom user titles (regular users can no longer edit their own user title).
    Aw. How sad. Even Sleepywood allows users to change their user titles when they reach 1000 posts.
    Last edited by Tharticus; 8th January 2010 at 06:15 AM.
    I'm Retired.

Oh my goodness, 1000 private messages!? Seems a bit much xD

Also, I can't see the "donator-only" board being any different than the normal boards at this point in time. If anything it seems like it would be a waste of space. I'm drawing comparisons from F2P MMO's with "Member only channels" and those were hardly ever used.

An effective way to filter out serious name change requests with silly ones. That's good.

The custom usertitles seem to be the most hated thing taken away though. Perhaps having X amount of posts would allow you to use a custom usertitle instead?

Quote Originally Posted by DDrgn View Post
    Oh my goodness, 1000 private messages!? Seems a bit much xD

Also, I can't see the "donator-only" board being any different than the normal boards at this point in time. If anything it seems like it would be a waste of space. I'm drawing comparisons from F2P MMO's with "Member only channels" and those were hardly ever used.

An effective way to filter out serious name change requests with silly ones. That's good.

The custom usertitles seem to be the most hated thing taken away though. Perhaps having X amount of posts would allow you to use a custom usertitle instead?
    This is so perfect. 1000 is a bit much (not that I'm complaining, because I'm at 93 or something). The name change fee makes sense. The custom usertitles being removed is terible. At least use DD's idea.

And the donator board is a bad idea. If anything cool happens there, other cool people who are not donators would not be able to contribute there. It's just a way to exclude people and it's not cool either.

I need 1000 expansion because my inbox is currently at 121.
    EDIT: No longer Mav Hunter :(

If you state how much the upkeep of Hidden Street costs, why would you add a new board, increase signature and avatar size, and add more room to the storage box.

Also, I liked my custom user titles.

Exclusivity to those with 1k+ posts? Or a certain join date.

Icon8

Join date is probably not a good idea. That is, unless the requirement is pretty short.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlit Azure View Post
    If you state how much the upkeep of Hidden Street costs, why would you add a new board, increase signature and avatar size, and add more room to the storage box.

Also, I liked my custom user titles.

Exclusivity to those with 1k+ posts? Or a certain join date.
    Even posting that people from 2008 were now "old" members got enough "ROAR WHAT A GEY U SUKZ"

Giving old members special priveleges is...D: oh god ragefest.
    Hey cools I don't have a spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by pWnZIngY0U34 View Post
    mayB try bigfoot. its godd exp to lvl up with

ops i mean good*
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme702 View Post
    CDFA's just a total dumbass half the forum knows that by now...

Where can i see the amount of amount from donation?

Spoiler!
    by Cryopon

Three more tiers? Ugh.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saigo View Post
    We're not forcing anyone to donate. Getting the forum upgraded, paying for Ventrilo every month, etc - nothing comes for free, and it would be nice to have part of these costs covered to some extent. The only thing regular users will not have are the custom user titles, but other than that, the forum functions exactly the same as before.
    No one is on the ventrilo, you added more junk so that makes you spend more money, and then you exclude users with donation colored names.

I'd rather have the old scheme than have 13 year old being immature and bratty on how they have special priveliges because they donated. This isn't some other forum where someone just makes money through donations (Not that I'm saying you are, but generally most forums I have seen done this), and with all due respect, I don't think this should be implemented.

If people want to help Hidden-Street so bad, they should donate and not get any of the perks donating to make others feel inferior.

And wiggy, I'm sorry the comment I made is necessary because it IS bull****. Sorry.