Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Donations and Username Change

1,000+ posts to have custom usertitles sounds good to me. By join date is...probably not good. Of course, donators would instantly be able to have custom usertitles as well. That's my take.

EDIT: Reasoning
    Last edited by DDrgn; 8th January 2010 at 08:18 AM.

Okay, no. I like the idea for the most, but my problems are with custom user titles.

I thought post counts don't matter anymore? And that they were taken away because lame members would base their superiority on their post count and/or usertitles that are based off of post counts. If you take away custom user titles then you might as well add post counts back, because this is a large contradiction to all of the past reforms made to the forum.
    Last edited by PhoenixRider; 8th January 2010 at 08:02 AM.

Also, if you let us link off-site avatars (set your avatar so it loads from tinypic, photobucket, etc.) There's no point in having a filesize limit.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Green Fairy

Aww, boo hoo! People who donate money to help keep the website (that you visit for free) up get to change their titles and look at a hidden board that no one will use since not that many people will donate! How unfair!

Seriously, it's $12, just go to Walmart or something, get a pre-paid visa, and donate if you're going to complain. If you can't scrape up $12, then oh well, it isn't like anyone will care, you'll have to miss out on it saying "ultimate bad ass" under your name.

This is a perfectly reasonable thing for the site to do, this place is nothing at all like SW, nor will it ever be like SW for the simple fact that no one here plays Maple. 90% of the forum is in Tomato Island so no one cares about this kind of crap. HS gets the chance for some extra money, users get the chance for some more inbox space and colored name. Win-win except for people who are going to QQ about how HS is selling out.

I do agree though with that one person, after 1000 posts or something you should be able to change your user title regardless.

I am all completely for paypal donations and the perks that come with it... Although I find it kinda... (what is that word im looking for...?) oppressive(?) to have set user titles. I think they should be free to customize with any amout of posts whatsoever.

I myself quit maple and therefore don't post that much in the main forum anymore, so i can't rack up posts.

I would love to donate though
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

I can understand how some of you feel bad about the CUTs, a privilege given then seemingly taken away, which is why I'd be favor for CUTs at a post count. However you shouldn't worry about the colored names or bigger avatars, it just means they're supporting the site and in no way means they're better than you.

The idea for x posts for CUTs is good, I'll look into it with the Admins and the Mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Saigo View Post
    The idea for x posts for CUTs is good, I'll look into it with the Admins and the Mods.
    make it 500 posts. Enough posts so a new-b knows what he'she is doing. (so I can do it too D:)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    make it 500 posts. Enough posts so a new-b knows what he'she is doing. (so I can do it too D:)
    500? maybe 700 instead? I find it easy to necro/half-necro any of these recent threads and/or reiterate what someone already said into different wordings.
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    500? maybe 700 instead? I find it easy to necro/half-necro any of these recent threads and/or reiterate what someone already said into different wordings.
    Not 500 times without someone noticing. People would notice at 50.
    500 sounds good.