Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Donations and Username Change

Default Donations and Username Change

1) Donations

Ever wanted to support our forum? A donation from you will help us keep Hidden Street, the forum, and the server running! By donating just $5, you get the following benefits for a full year:

- Donators-only name colour
    - Your Private Message storage box increases to 1,000, up from 120.
    - Your profile picture size and file size increases to 125x125px and 100kb respectively, up from 100x100px and 60kb.
    - Your signature image allowances increases from 500x105px and 25kb to 650x120px and doubled to 50kb.
    - Access to an exclusive Donators-only board
    - The ability to use custom user titles (regular users now require to be registered with us for at least a year (365 days) and have at least 500 posts to use custom user titles).

Donating $9 allows you to retain the above benefits for 2 years, while donating only $12 allows you to keep all the above for 3 whooping years!

If you want to support us, click here and choose the donation amount you wish to go for.

Caveat: All Donators will still have to follow our Terms of Service and will not receive any special treatment from us. You may be banned if you do not adhere to our ToS, but a simple rule of thumb is just to be nice.

2) Username Change

If you have ever regretted choosing a username that you eventually disliked and want to change your username, you can do so now! This is separate from the Donations above, and a decision we've come to make after declining many of such requests in the past few years. The privilege of changing your username comes at a small price - for only $5, you can make that permanent change you've always wanted.

Send your donation of $5 via PayPal to [email protected], and once that is done, PM me with the Transaction ID and the new username you'd like for your current username, I'll try my best to make the change as soon as I can.

Do note that in order to keep tabs of these name changes in order to minimise confusion, we'll be creating a topic containing the new usernames with their former names.

Supaa4alime is going to be the most popular person here.

First donation reward maybe, but not the second! That's still better than Nexon though. ($15?)

Hopefully we will be getting a good amount of donations by February.

Crap. We're turning into Sleepywood.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Really? I never go to SleepyWood, so I wouldn't know.

Banned

edit: unnecessary
    Last edited by Wigum; 8th January 2010 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saigo View Post
    2) Username Change

If you have ever regretted choosing a username that you eventually disliked and want to change your username, you can do so now! This is separate from the Donations above, and a decision we've come to make after declining many of such requests in the past few years. The privilege of changing your username comes at a small price - for only $5, you can make that permanent change you've always wanted.

Send your donation of $5 via PayPal to [email protected], and once that is done, PM me with the Transaction ID and the new username you'd like for your current username, I'll try my best to make the change as soon as I can.
    Admin CP, User management, Edit user. Takes all but thirty seconds. I know you guys need money to keep the server running, but it's kind of excessive...
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

In the past the policy with few exceptions has been not to change usernames at all. But they keep coming up and being requested. So rather than make it a per case basis - requesting a donation requires people to actually mean what they change it to, reduces the number of quests, gives us a standard response to the request, and helps keep the server running.

It's not a matter of difficulty. It's a matter of if we do it for one, then there's no reason not to do it for all, and if we like to keep our sanity and those of the users - then name changing needs to be kept to a minimum. It's hard enough to keep you all straight without having to remember every name change. 5 dollars isnt very much, but it weeds out the silly requests.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

We're not forcing anyone to donate. Getting the forum upgraded, paying for Ventrilo every month, etc - nothing comes for free, and it would be nice to have part of these costs covered to some extent. The only thing regular users will not have are the custom user titles, but other than that, the forum functions exactly the same as before.

A lot of people seem to not like this idea. I'll probably donate some time in the near future though.

I AM going to cal bull**** on the custom user titles. That's not cool. Lucidia may not be bad, but that's a total jerk move.

*sigh* so, where can I find the list of natural user titles? I want to see what I need to do to become Thanatos or whatever is the highest.
    Last edited by supalime; 8th January 2010 at 06:05 AM.