Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lame-ass guide to F/Ps

I love your guide, especially the job advancement stuff. Incidentally:

"crap I can't afford MW20, fawk you emailbox"

Woot +1 post for the thread.
    Just out of curiosity, what build did you go in 2nd job? (Pizard/Fizard/Hybrid)

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Would a hybrid work where you get fire arrow to 12, teleport maxed, and PB at 28. This would let you go to TJs at 50 with a hybrid build.

And do you know what F/P mages get with the rebalance? I know fire arrow is going to be a mob skill, and something about boosted amp.

Quote Originally Posted by lionheart365 View Post
    Would a hybrid work where you get fire arrow to 12, teleport maxed, and PB at 28. This would let you go to TJs at 50 with a hybrid build.

And do you know what F/P mages get with the rebalance? I know fire arrow is going to be a mob skill, and something about boosted amp.
    FA at 12 would be weak, and wouldn't net you tons of EXP at CPQ. I don't see the reasoning behind leaving both PB and Fire Arrow unmaxed, as even it would be a waste of SP to max out MP Eater (Mist doesn't take full advantage of MP Eater, and Meteor costs too much MP to make MP Eater effective).

Also, I know about the rebalance patch. Doesn't really make a difference to us. Poison Brace training will still be faster than a 3 monster Fire Arrow @ MP3 (currently the best place to train ~70), IMO anyway. Seeing how I was getting about 150% an hour at level 58 or something on 2x at Twisted Jesters, I think that beats out any MP3 contention. I wasn't even leveling that fast on my Blaze Wizard with Fire Pillar at MP3 (FP has 80 base damage, but attacks 6 monsters, and booster makes it fast enough to somewhat keep up with other mobbing skills)
    In 3rd job, Mist doesn't get upgraded, but that, again, doesn't matter, as it deals a limitless amount of DPS. Ie, Skelegons take 2k damage from poisoning, per second, for 40s. @15 monsters that's 30k DPS. @30 monsters that's 60k DPS. Etc. I dare any 3rd job class to beat that.
    In 4th job, they upgraded Meteor. Guess what you're training with until 200? Meteor.

Also, in the "other" server I played in, I tested the possibility of going to TJs at level 50.
    It doesn't work, you don't have enough ACC to hit them. I was a pure INT F/P with terrible gear, but that shouldn't make a difference; If you can't hit them at least 80% of the time, you're wasting your time trying to hit these super fast mobs that just tackle you and waste pots. Leveling yourself to 57-ish will make it a million times easier to hit them, and thus get EXP faster.
    Last edited by emailbox; 10th May 2010 at 11:54 AM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

I may have missed something, but what is this "Adventurer Patch" that everyone is talking about, I came back 2 weeks ago so, I have no idea what its about or where to find it. Also, I do like your builds, they give options rather than the "go poison brace for mass jester lulz." (That is an exact quote from someone, sad I know.)

http://spadow.wordpress.com/?s=balance+patch
    Scroll down to the bottom where you see Balance Patch part x
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Quote Originally Posted by LostZodiac View Post
    I may have missed something, but what is this "Adventurer Patch" that everyone is talking about, I came back 2 weeks ago so, I have no idea what its about or where to find it. Also, I do like your builds, they give options rather than the "go poison brace for mass jester lulz." (That is an exact quote from someone, sad I know.)
    In short, the Balance patch is a patch that boosts the effectiveness of the under-used Adventurer classes, ie, Shadowers, Paladins, and Marksmen. The two mage classes (F/P and I/L) get boosts too, as Bishop is currently the most popular magician class.

For F/Ps, the following have been improved (only mentioning notable ones)
    1. Fire Arrow is a mob attack now, it hits up to 3 monsters using a Chain Lightning like effect.
    2. Element Amplification has been buffed to dealing 150% damage on all skills for 200% of the mana cost.
    3. Explosion's base damage was boosted by 10 (to 130)
    4. Element Composition did not get boosted.
    5. Meteor's base damage was increased by 50, and the MP cost was decreased by 600.
    6. Paralyze's base damage was increased by 30.
    7. Fire Demon's base damage was increased by 20.

Though I may give multiple options, I hope it's clear that Twisted Jesters is the fastest route to 70.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    1. Fire Arrow is a mob attack now, it hits up to 3 monsters using a Chain Lightning like effect.
    CL bounces off monsters, I'm pretty sure Fire Arrow won't be able to do that. You could have said that it goes in a straight direction or something more accurate?

Also, i think that Explosion's cast time increased
    by Cryopon

Basically FA hits the first mob, and if there's another one behind it within the normal range of FA, it'll hit it, up to two times. If not, then it'll stop at the first mob, or so I believe.

I don't think they increased Explosion's cast time =/
    No point in making a slow skill slower. Remember it was a buff patch, not a nerf patch.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post

Also, i think that Explosion's cast time increased
    I'm pertty sure it was decreased.