Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Dexless Aran Guide

Thread: Dexless Aran Guide

Default Dexless Aran Guide

You can look at other guides and you probably should to get multiple opinions, but this guide on its own should suit almost anyone quite well. The skill builds are based upon grinding and how I was able to get, at the very least, 50%/hr on 1x with grinding up until around level 110, where things slowed a bit because I was still in himes.

Anyway, I will start out with some gear requirements. Being dexless does take some funding, but it is more affordable than you might think. Here are some basic guidelines of things you will want as a dexless Aran.

1) Some level of blessing of the fairy, preferably at level 10 or higher (in other words, have a character of level 100+ on the same account).
    2) Zakum Helmet - An average zhelm gives about 35 accuracy when you factor in the raw accuracy bonus of 20, plus the accuracy you get from the DEX (about .8 acc per DEX) and the LUK (about .4 acc per LUK, IIRC). Therefore, this is pretty much a must have item. You can either buy one or just transfer one from another character (as I did), but regardless you pretty much need one.
    3) At least 100mil. You can probably go on fine without this as long as you already have a zhelm, but 100mil is not too much on most servers so it'd be nice to at least have this much. If not, you'll be fine as long as you have a zhelm.
    4) Sniper pills - Buy some from Ludi. Really cheap way to get a 10 accuracy boost when needed.
    5) Maple Scorpio - Not required, but a good way to be able to hit Alishar before level 50 if you care about LPQ at all (which I did, for the glasses).
    6) Buy scrolls for shoes for DEX (when you can find them in the FM) rather than shoes for jump. Shoes for DEX add 1 pure point of accuracy for each 60% scroll and are usually found in the FM for around 1-2mil each rather than shoes for Jump at 7-8mil each which add only a point of DEX which is in turn less accuracy.
    7) Don't buy DEX gloves, as attack gloves are still what you want for a dexless Aran. Just buy the highest attack you can afford.
    8) Red or blue bath towel scrolled with 100% overall DEX. This is a fairly cheap overall (100k for overall + 350k for scrolls from the guy in the Kerning Swamp area = 450k for an extra 10 DEX) and will give a decent accuracy boost at level 20, along with 10 speed.

Now, this guide is for dexless Arans, so I figure you understand how to spend your AP. If not, here is a basic guide.

- Put all AP into STR. Don't put any points in DEX, INT or LUK and never hit the auto-stat button.

Now that we're clear on that, I'll go into the skill builds along with training grounds at the same time. The reason for this is because I would like to illustrate how the builds are useful for grinding, so I find it best to cover some skill build stuff and training ground stuff at the same time. This also makes for nicer reading since you can sort of stay along at a point to see training areas and skill builds as you level your Aran.

1st Job:

These levels are stupid easy and stupid fast, so I'll just cover them briefly. Skill-wise I did the following.

- 5 points on Combat Step
    - 10 points on Double Swing
    - Max Combo Ability
    - Max Double Swing
    - Max Polearm Booster
    - Dump remaining SP into Combat Step (11)

As far as training grounds go, just do quests for around your level, Henesys PQ, Kerning PQ, Ariant PQ and kill stuff that mobs up a lot. For grinding in the 20s, Scorpions in the Ariant maps near Magatia are really nice. They spawn really fast and in high amounts so you get really great experience.

2nd Job:

Level 30-38: 3 Points on Triple Swing, Max Polearm Mastery, 2 on Triple Swing
    During these levels, do the Mushroom Kingdom theme dungeon. The experience from the quests here is really nice and the mobs are nice experience on their own as well. Also, the reason I am saying to max Polearm Mastery instead of leave it at 19 is because level 20 gives yet another point of accuracy, which is quite useful for a dexless Aran. Also, it's just one skill point that's best served for that accuracy boost anyway. Don't do Triple Swing either, because increasing the minimum damage is an overall increase in the average damage and therefore your DPS, and Arans are fast-attacking warriors so a better average damage is going to kill things quite quickly, not to mention the accuracy boost of 20 you get from maxing mastery.

Level 39-44: Max Triple Swing
    A lot of people might tell you to save points and max Combo Smash, but don't. You will be using Triple Swing 100% of the time but won't be using Combo Smash in training until the level 50s, and because of that fact, maxing Triple Swing is your best way to get a nice overall DPS boost. During these levels, either go for free wins in MCPQ, or grind on Truckers or Straw Target Dummies.

Level 45-52: 1 point on Combo Drain, Max Combo Smash
    Level 1 Combo Drain should remove the need for using HP potions in the training areas at this level, which for the time being can be Truckers, Lab C-2 in Alcando Lab or Mysterious Path 3. If one of the areas seems slow, try the other. As long as you don't miss at all or perhaps 15% of the time at most, the higher level area should be better experience than the lower. I mention each area in order of lowest to highest level, btw.

Level 53-64: 8 on Body Pressure, 1 on Final Charge, Max Combo Drain, 5 on Body Pressure (13)
    Around this point you should move onto training in Mysterious Path 3, preferably sharing the map with someone else who is doing the top two platforms. This should net about 70%/hr on 1x, and you should stay here until around level 64.

Level 64-70: Max Body Pressure, End with 21 on Final Charge
    Final Charge hits up to 10 mobs at level 21, so there is no real need to take it any further since the other second job skills are much more useful. For these levels, fight Windraiders in either Lower Ascent or Tornado Corridor, keeping in mind that Lower Ascent will be faster experience but have more people. The reason I say wait until 64 to start on Windraiders is because you will likely miss on them a bit too much until you get a Maple Karstan. MP3 should remain fast enough to get you to 64 without too much of an issue.

3rd Job:

Level 70-75: 16 on Full Swing
    Stick to Lower Ascent for these levels. Tornado Corridor is likely not a good option at this point due to the lower spawn, so try to grind during less populated hours or share maps. You can also try out the Thunderbreaker room in Crimsonwood Keep, which might work out great at these levels, although it might require more HP potions.

Level 76-85: Max Full Swing, Max Combo Critical, 3 on Fenrir (Sometimes called Combo Peril/Penril)
    For these levels you need to move up from Lower Ascent into the Thunderbreaker room in Crimsonwood Keep. Stock up on some nice potions such as melting cheeses or power elixirs in order to get past the Crimson Guardians on your way into the Keep. Proper working of this room should net around 60%/hr on 1x.

Level 86-94: Max Fenrir
    At some point at this level range, you need to move out of Stormbreakers and onto Galloperas, probably at around level 89 at the latest. Fenrir will come in handy right away for finishing the galloperas off, and my reasoning for having Fernrir maxed right after Combo Critical and Full Swing is both technical and practical, as you will see coming up.

Level 95-105: Max Snow Charge, 10 on Smart Knockback
    At these levels, find a priest friend and go to himes. Have your priest partner mob them up and bring them over to you, then smack them until you get 100 combo and finish them with Fenrir. Remember how I told you my reason for maxing Fenrir "early" as compared to most guides was technical and practical? Well here is why. Not only will you kill himes way faster which makes the skill useful for training here along with in Galloperas, but on the nuts and bolts side of things, not only is Fenrir over double the damage of Combo Smash by default, but it activates at 100 combo which is also when Combo Critical and Combo Attack itself are at full power. Sure, you could launch 3 700% Combo Smashes by the time Fenrir is ready to go, but you'd only get a measely 18% chance to critical for 30% extra damage rather than a 60% chance to critical for 100% extra damage on each of the two hits of Fenrir, which translates to MUCH higher damage. Also, Combo Critical is like Sharp Eyes in that 100% extra damage means double damage. As in if an attack does 22K damage, you add 100% more of that on for the critical, thereby 22K + 22K = 44K. You can try using Combo Smash in himes, but I guaruntee you that the difference is night and day, and Fenrir wins hands down.

For more information, see this video I made about the subject: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCDQGtrdYQA

Level 106-120: Max Smart Knockback, Max Final Toss, Put the other 11 points where you think they'll be most useful (You could put 11 on Rolling Spin, or max Final Charge and put 2 on Rolling Spin or Combat Step. Rolling Spin is probably the least useful skill out of your set at this point, since pushing things away doesn't seem very useful for a melee class which relishes in taking on huge groups of monsters at at time. However, where you put your points is up to you.)

At this point, newtie parties are really good experience and as an Aran you can do any platform really well. Skelegons work as well, although you'll likely burn more HP potions since Combo Drain is a bit less effective for keeping you alive against their massive magic attack damage. If you do skelegons, get good with Final Toss as it prevents them from using their magic attacks and does more damage to them, both of which are useful for saving HP potions and getting more experience. In either situation, having someone with max Sharp Eyes will make your damage absolutely insane (I do around 40K+ on the third swing in full swing against a nest golem when my combo is around 100), which makes for good training for everyone. Himes are still good experience during this range, especially during the 106-110 bit of it, so you can keep going there as well.

For now I am going to end this guide, because I have not made it far enough into 4th job to give any practical advice on what to do and I am not someone who likes to shout out untested ideas. Once I make it further, I will give further skill builds and training area information. Good luck with your dexless Aran and I hope this guide helped you.
    Last edited by Doyo; 12th January 2010 at 03:23 PM.

Drake

Level 45-52: 1 point on Combo Drain, Max Combo Smash
    Level 1 Combo Drain should remove the need for using HP potions in the training areas at this level, which for the time being should be Lab C-1 in Alcando Lab, Magatia. You should have no issue hitting Roids/D-Roids at level 45+ and you should get about 75%/hr on 1x experience.
    75%/hr on 1x isn't impressive at all. I would suggest Truckers til 48~50, then move on to mp3. Arans are so overpowered they can go that early.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    75%/hr on 1x isn't impressive at all. I would suggest Truckers til 48~50, then move on to mp3. Arans are so overpowered they can go that early.
    Maybe not nowadays, but I recall the day when 25%/hr was godly during the 50s. But times do change, thankfully. =]

Anyway, I just wrote down what I did. If anyone knows of better training spots and the %/hr gain for each, please let me know. I'll adjust things when such information is given. Cheers. :D

Drake

I'll post mine then. Lvl 36 at Truckers , 15 mins per lvl with 1x

With 2x the time is basically cut in half.

Note that I had quite good acc equips + thief elixir. Still missed a bit.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    I'll post mine then. Lvl 36 at Truckers , 15 mins per lvl with 1x

With 2x the time is basically cut in half.

Note that I had quite good acc equips + thief elixir. Still missed a bit.
    Thief elixirs give one less point of accuracy than sniper pills, last 2 minutes less, and cost ten times as much. Just sayin.

Anyway, I will adjust the training spot after 38 to Truckers, since they are indeed quite nice. The problem with the lower level ranges and me are that I did LPQ for glasses for most of 4x along with doing some stuff in Elin Forest which didn't seem quite amazing but I did it anyway, so my training areas pre-50 might need some tweaking. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Doyo View Post
    1st Job:

These levels are stupid easy and stupid fast, so I'll just cover them briefly. Skill-wise I did the following.

- 5 points on Combat Step- 10 points on Double Swing
    - Max Combo Ability
    - Max Double Swing
    - Max Polearm Booster
    - Dump remaining SP into Combat Step (11)
    I suggest maxing Combat Step, because even though the distance isnt a big difference, you'll have the option later to come back and max booster anyways. Combat Step>Booster, wait till 3rd job and u can max booster instead of putting poitns into whirlwind.
    "One who knows nothing can understand nothing"

since Final Charge is not* useful for second job compare to other skill can i take 4 SP of final charge and put into pole arm booster ? or anyone hv a better suggestion
    Last edited by apple123; 7th February 2010 at 04:03 PM.

help me please i'm lvl 30 doing my 2nd job i followed all you said excepted for the shoes n i still missing whn i eat sniper pots???pls help me

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

oh...n my dex is 18 n my acc is 23(wif sniper pots)