View Poll Results: Which, if any, Consistent-Display feature would you like/use?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both (Consistent OP and Chatbox)

0 0%
  • Consistent OP only

1 20.00%
  • Consistent Chatbox only

3 60.00%
  • Neither

1 20.00%

Thread: "Consistent Display" Feature

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Default "Consistent Display" Feature

I just thought it'd be a nice idea to have the Chatbox, OP, both/either/or consistently displayed at the top of a forum topic, probably with some sort of clear separator to mark them off from the rest of the replies. That way, we can always see the OP (helpful for those topics that store helpful links and info for everyone) and/or the Chatbox (though I will admit, I don't see this being as useful as a consistently displayed OP)

What do you think members, mods, admins?
    There should be some way to tweak the code to keep them consistent right? Unless it's a total hassle, of course.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Something like what basil has? If so, it would be a nice feature, I'm fine with or without it.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    Something like what basil has? If so, it would be a nice feature, I'm fine with or without it.
    Exactly, I'm sort of sheepish to admit, but that's the (only) feature I like about the basil forums that HS doesn't have. I just thought it'd be really useful, like for those gaming threads where we all talk about an MMO we're playing together - so if someone wants to jump in and join while posting, they don't have to load back to the first page of the thread.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

I can't stand having the first post always on every page. It drives me insane on basil :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

H-S + 1.

What? H-S Is evolving!

Duuuun. DUn DUN Dun DUN Dun DUN dun DUUUUUUUUN Dun DUN dun DUN dun DUN Dun DUUUUUN!

H-S has evolved into........Not basil or SW.

Like Wigum, I don't like having the first page always there, lol.

However, having the chatbox available while viewing threads sounds better. Not necessary, but has that "cool" factor.

You'd need an "On/Off" option though if people didn't like/enjoy it.

Perma chatbox would be nice.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

I'd say neither. If I want to talk on the chat box, then I'll go to the front page. It's not as if I'd be worried about a conversation going on in the chat box while I'm on a thread. It would personally make browsing the forum slower.

I agree. I would not want the chat box on every page. Silly think always steals the scroll when i hit page down to move down.

Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!