Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too much dex...?

Isn't LT the person who also said 23 dex was good on a reverse evernew lolol?

ontopic: 60 dex is very high. So many people seem to build their characters off of what they are able to do at a lower lvl...what about higher lvls? You won't always be a lower lvl but you will always be able to raise up in lvls. When talking about a subject like stats, you should never argue the point that "but zomg lv 30 cant hit lyke robo do i suk?" You shouldn't be able to hit them that low...that's the point on a low lvl warrior. I suggest re-starting (would be cheaper than having to reset points)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    Isn't LT the person who also said 23 dex was good on a reverse evernew lolol?

ontopic: 60 dex is very high. So many people seem to build their characters off of what they are able to do at a lower lvl...what about higher lvls? You won't always be a lower lvl but you will always be able to raise up in lvls. When talking about a subject like stats, you should never argue the point that "but zomg lv 30 cant hit lyke robo do i suk?" You shouldn't be able to hit them that low...that's the point on a low lvl warrior. I suggest re-starting (would be cheaper than having to reset points)
    This is why I stuck with 4 base DEX from the start. You see, it's a LOT cheaper to add extra DEX later if you really want to than it is to remove DEX and put it into STR, and seeing that I have no intention of ever adding anymore DEX, it's really easy. Warriors do not actually need DEX, they just need accuracy, and you don't really have to go out of your way to get it these days. Buy a zhelm, maker some decent equips and 100% some sort of overall with 100% overall DEX, and you're pretty much set. Yeah, my Aran sucked a load of boats at hitting some things before level 50, but level 50 comes and goes in a matter of 1-2 days with how Maple Story is nowadays. Regardless, I was able to grind stupid fast and not have any issue hitting training monsters, so all was fine.

I suppose it all depends on where you focus. I didn't create my character with the intention of paying attention to every little thing she could or could not do because of her stats. I just rolled her and started playing with the intention of only pumping STR because I knew the simple damage formulas stated that more STR and more weapon attack = more damage = higher exp gains. Maple Story is a game of simple formulas, and warriors simply need STR, weapon attack and accuracy. Avoidability is not something a warrior needs, because they are intended to take hits, especially Arans since they do really well with sitting in the middle of a group of mobs and hitting them hard while healing with combo drain. Worrying about extra avoidability on an Aran is like maxing Rolling Spin in Aran's third job. Why?

I don't mean to seem elitist or anything, but it always makes me wonder how Maple Story's simple formulas can confuse anyone. Cheers. o.o

Yes, I agree. 4 dex works for you and that is what you want. 30 dex works for me since it allows me to make training a bit easier when I am below level 50. Yet, not totally making my aran weak at a higher level. I know it wont be the strongest but it will be(I hope) average.

So if 60 dex is what you are fine with go ahead but I do suggest like people have said. Restart. Save you money and agrivation.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

You should NEVER blindly add stats (which is what many high dex warrior classes tend to do). The standard of 3:2 isn't wrong because it's too high, it's wrong because it isn't customized for different characters. In Galicia, for example, I started a Drk. Originally I wanted to keep him at 30 base dex, but ended up putting it at 40 (with plans to later reset). However, if I started that Drk in Kradia, there is NO WAY I would put it over 10. Generally, most people with dex above 50-60 just have it there because they read some guide that said 3:2 and they want to hit everything very early.

What they fail to realize is that 1 Dex is NOT equal to 1 Acc. There are very few equips that require dex, so it should only be upgraded for the accuracy boost. The problem with very high base dex is that later on, you will fail. You will fail beyond fail. If you train at Skelegons, you need 140 accuracy to 100% hit. With 40 base dex, I have 135 acc WITHOUT a pendant or zhelm/scarlion. If I had 80 base dex (as mentioned above), I would be putting 40 stat points to waste. Those 40 stat points make a huge difference when you factor in multipliers. It can easily make a difference in KO rates to popular monsters. Scrolling for acc is cheap and easy, while scrolling for STR/att is expensive and difficult. In the end, a 50+ base dex character will spend MUCH more scrolling equips to match a 4 base dex. Early on, 50 dex may help, but in the long run, it hurts.

Be smart and think mid-long term.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    You should NEVER blindly add stats (which is what many high dex warrior classes tend to do). The standard of 3:2 isn't wrong because it's too high, it's wrong because it isn't customized for different characters. In Galicia, for example, I started a Drk. Originally I wanted to keep him at 30 base dex, but ended up putting it at 40 (with plans to later reset). However, if I started that Drk in Kradia, there is NO WAY I would put it over 10. Generally, most people with dex above 50-60 just have it there because they read some guide that said 3:2 and they want to hit everything very early.

What they fail to realize is that 1 Dex is NOT equal to 1 Acc. There are very few equips that require dex, so it should only be upgraded for the accuracy boost. The problem with very high base dex is that later on, you will fail. You will fail beyond fail. If you train at Skelegons, you need 140 accuracy to 100% hit. With 40 base dex, I have 135 acc WITHOUT a pendant or zhelm/scarlion. If I had 80 base dex (as mentioned above), I would be putting 40 stat points to waste. Those 40 stat points make a huge difference when you factor in multipliers. It can easily make a difference in KO rates to popular monsters. Scrolling for acc is cheap and easy, while scrolling for STR/att is expensive and difficult. In the end, a 50+ base dex character will spend MUCH more scrolling equips to match a 4 base dex. Early on, 50 dex may help, but in the long run, it hurts.

Be smart and think mid-long term.
    That was very well put.

Its your character. Do what you want with it. However, we strongly suggest following our guidlines. It will make you better off in the long run.

Ermm. Now my char's lvl is 22. Dex shld be hw many?