Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too much dex...?

Default Too much dex...?

After reading alot of thread about warriors/arans, I saw that almost everyone have 4-30 dex. But I have 60, is it too much? Or can I still continue like that (my aran is lvl 64)?
    Goals: lvl50 [x] ¸ lvl 70 [x], Zhelm [x ] (yesss), Cape with Att [x], 10 wa wg [ ], 50m [x], 100m [ ], 1bil [ ]

StormBreaker

You're fine, you won't need to worry too much about accuracy/dexterity equips. My friend intentionally went to 50-55 DEX.

Ouf ok thank you... But in case of "emergencies" I can buy some nx to get my dex to 50.
    Goals: lvl50 [x] ¸ lvl 70 [x], Zhelm [x ] (yesss), Cape with Att [x], 10 wa wg [ ], 50m [x], 100m [ ], 1bil [ ]

I would say 50 is much better then what you have. However, from what I have learned that is still very high.

Even having 30 is on the high side. I am going 30 to be safe but I believe anything above that is a waste.

You should be fine with 50 or 60 but you would be better off with 30 or less.

Just something to consider.

StormBreaker

I have 45 base DEX and I'm doing well. Think of the times when warriors had 75 base dex and that was considered normal...and they did 1k damage at level 60.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharingan777 View Post
    After reading alot of thread about warriors/arans, I saw that almost everyone have 4-30 dex. But I have 60, is it too much? Or can I still continue like that (my aran is lvl 64)?
    Despite people ranting and raving about a 50 limit, I chose 80 as the cap. Look at it this way, that's only about 6 levels of actual AP difference, and a pretty good accuracy and avoid difference. Plus, it fits neatly into level 40, and if you're leveling like crazy on CPQ or whatever pouring the rest into STR by level 70, a difference of 30 won't matter too much (you'd be 150 more STR than at level 40)

I typically get trashed royally on HS, because many people embrace rigid dogmas of training rather than simply saying, "What might be right for (me), may not be right for some." But yea, you can probably get to 80 or even 120 (the latter if you have time, and know how to train, which I really don't) with virtually any build.

Read Lexy's guide to capping dex (warrior section). People keep telling me, oh things have changed, so it's no good anymore. Yeah, things HAVE changed. They've gotten easier and more flexible. Thanks to MPQ, Dark Jester, and alot of others, I can now continue to train my HP priest, which would have been much more a matter of solid grind before. And I'm doing fine with an Aran built like this, actually winning CPQ consistently. (the point is TO cap, not when you cap) Plus in terms of damage, my triple atk last hit deals roughly 1.3k (earning a higher total of more or less 2k). It doesn't matter as much as other classes, though I'd still put 80 as the probable upper limit. Maybe some ppl will do 100 Dex, is it my business? There are pros and cons of every build. My hp cleric is gonna be stuck at Newties instead of Skeles for level 200 training, but I could probably solo Papu, and many other midrange bosses due to the lack of worry about conserving pots. Likewise, a Dex Aran will be able to combo well for fast damage (and lower level to hit needs), but for sheer power, lukless might be better.
    There's more than one way to skin a cat.

(This post wins for a Diff'Rent Strokes quote btw)
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 12th January 2010 at 10:33 AM.

StormBreaker

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post

What the **** O_O

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Isn't Youtube wonderful?

Despite people ranting and raving about a 50 limit, I chose 80 as the cap. Look at it this way, that's only about 6 levels of actual AP difference, and a pretty good accuracy and avoid difference. Plus, it fits neatly into level 40, and if you're leveling like crazy on CPQ or whatever pouring the rest into STR by level 70, a difference of 30 won't matter too much (you'd be 150 more STR than at level 40)

I typically get trashed royally on HS, because many people embrace rigid dogmas of training rather than simply saying, "What might be right for (me), may not be right for some." But yea, you can probably get to 80 or even 120 (the latter if you have time, and know how to train, which I really don't) with virtually any build.

Read Lexy's guide to capping dex (warrior section). People keep telling me, oh things have changed, so it's no good anymore. Yeah, things HAVE changed. They've gotten easier and more flexible. Thanks to MPQ, Dark Jester, and alot of others, I can now continue to train my HP priest, which would have been much more a matter of solid grind before. And I'm doing fine with an Aran built like this, actually winning CPQ consistently. (the point is TO cap, not when you cap) Plus in terms of damage, my triple atk last hit deals roughly 1.3k (earning a higher total of more or less 2k). It doesn't matter as much as other classes, though I'd still put 80 as the probable upper limit. Maybe some ppl will do 100 Dex, is it my business? There are pros and cons of every build. My hp cleric is gonna be stuck at Newties instead of Skeles for level 200 training, but I could probably solo Papu, and many other midrange bosses due to the lack of worry about conserving pots. Likewise, a Dex Aran will be able to combo well for fast damage (and lower level to hit needs), but for sheer power, lukless might be better.

I'll be your friend.

lolno.
    80 base DEX is just lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LaTale View Post
    I'll be your friend.
    bulma got lucky, but LT's going to get flaaaaayyymmmeeedd

bolt202/veil225/feint200