Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the demon helms a way to sell Nx? (Marbas etc)

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustVinPad View Post
    Excuse me? No underhanded schemes? I'll admit this is a pretty mild way to suck cash out of the game, but even if you're not going to believe they're making crappy hats for a reason, I'll still have the gachapon to back me up.
    Hi, we have an NX discussion thread here: http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/s...-NX-Discussion
    You can discuss gachapon and anything else you think is unfair about NX there.
    The hats are fine, you are picky.
    By your reasoning, restaurants give out crappy condiments so you have to buy a meal to get good ones.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

False dilemma much? Invisible hat+hair+face costs more than hair+face.

Oh hey, I've consciously decided to wear this thing that covers my whole face even though I know I spent about $5 ~ $8 on a custom face.
    Now I think I'll go complain about it.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by iWieldABow View Post
    Actually Nexon would lose money if they realized that the ugly hats cover face and eyes and hair. What costs more? A transparent hat or Eye color, Face, and hair coupon?
    But the demon hats are more ugly and less personalized than the free hair and eyes that you had before, so the hats might just push you to the edge of joining the NX craze if the blatant unfairness of the system hasn't already. And the lowest increment you can buy NX buy is $5 (that's only if you can get your hands on mommy and daddy's PayPal, otherwise it's $10), so they'll still be making a decent profit off your purchase of the hat anyways.

>blatant unfairness
    >optional helmet

???
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    Hi, we have an NX discussion thread here: http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/s...-NX-Discussion
    You can discuss gachapon and anything else you think is unfair about NX there.
    The hats are fine, you are picky.
    By your reasoning, restaurants give out crappy condiments so you have to buy a meal to get good ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    Oh hey, I've consciously decided to wear this thing that covers my whole face even though I know I spent about $5 ~ $8 on a custom face.
    Now I think I'll go complain about it.
    "Wow, nice double post there. I don't like you already." I guess LaTale doesn't like you either. Anyways, if you really wanted we could just make one thread called "MapleStory" so there wouldn't be need for more than one thread on the topic. Would you like that? And Maple story isn't really a condiment, MapleStory is more like a free meal I got at a restaurant, but then the waiter offers me condiments called NX that I can only receive by paying for them, and everyone else seems to find the condiments quite delicious. Now that I know those condiments are out there, I don't think I'll be able to enjoy the meal by itself as much. I start to think that the condiments might be worth it just to make the meal a bit more enjoyable. I don't really see what's so horrible about that reasoning. Maybe I just care about my fine dining a bit more than the other guy. And the second post is pretty much the same thing I replied to an hour or two ago, which makes me think this argument might have gone full circle. I think I'm going to hold off until we find something new to argue about.

"Wow, nice double post there. I don't like you already." I guess LaTale doesn't like you either.
    penguinzrock #21
    popsofctown #22
    penguinzrock #23

Totally double post, amirite?

Anyways, if you really wanted we could just make one thread called "MapleStory" so there wouldn't be need for more than one thread on the topic. Would you like that?
    We have sections for thread topic, and specific threads for specific topics. If you want to argue about the unfairness of NX, use the thread already there. We don't need multiple threads about the same topic.

And Maple story isn't really a condiment, MapleStory is more like a free meal I got at a restaurant, but then the waiter offers me condiments called NX that I can only receive by paying for them, and everyone else seems to find the condiments quite delicious. Now that I know those condiments are out there, I don't think I'll be able to enjoy the meal by itself as much.
    >basing your decisions and attitudes off the opinions of others
    >unfair game

?

I start to think that the condiments might be worth it just to make the meal a bit more enjoyable. I don't really see what's so horrible about that reasoning. Maybe I just care about my fine dining a bit more than the other guy.
    Then don't say, "bawww Nexon is making intentionally crappy food so I have to buy condiments to make it taste better".
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

StormBreaker

Adventurer hats should show the face(and perhaps some of the hair) by looking like something like this

Pretty much the same way z-helms are. Except z-helms look cool with that sparkly thingy on top. I just don't like the hands.

Well, the post in between had absolutely nothing to do with either of your posts and there's no textbook definition to double posting, so I'm still calling it a double post.

I forgot to mention there was this really salty chunk of mashed potato I thought could use some pepper. But I could also go over every other part of the meal, and that's just nit picking, eh?

This thread has a different topic than that one but still pertains to NX. Will we both continue the argument on that thread because they started to weave into the same subject for a moment? No.
    Last edited by JustVinPad; 14th January 2010 at 08:17 AM.

All of my posts are replies to the posts before them. Please stop making up your own definitions for internet forum faux pas.

Yea, it is. It's a free meal. You don't have to swallow.

This thread has everything to do with NX and its "unfairness."
    "Boo hoo, Nexon is making ugly hats so we have to buy NX for some reason"
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!