Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Are the demon helms a way to sell Nx? (Marbas etc)

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veneni View Post
    So you agree? I'm confused.
    We are not complaining. And even the wether me or dexless sins complain is irrelevant. We're trying to have a rational debate here about nexon and if it maybe is making items a certain way so they make people buy more nx. You say no, we say yes. Noone is complaining about it.

Can you please stop with this and keep the discussion intelligent? Adding "Oh waaa" and "Give me a break." to an exaggerated subjectified version of the point of discussion is not adding anything to your credibility.
    I admit I am at fault here, and I was completely misinterpreting your argument.
    Honestly, I don't know why Nexon designs the items the way they do.
    However ugly they may be, I don't think they're intentionally ugly, though.
    They're just following kMS.
    And really, glasses are just bland. They need a story behind them. If the Stop Sign said, "Hey, I found some glasses, here you go" that'd be a bit boring.
    And even though I know most people only get the glasses for the stats, I still think the broken adds a nice touch to them.
    I really don't think anything in this game was made intentionally bad. That's just a little too underhanded.
    I can understand how they'd make things like the demon helms cover the whole face in exchange for low level req and +12 stats; that's just a given, it's a precursor to the Zakum helm, which is better and only covers the hair.
    But I don't think Nexon would release a piece of crap-looking item to make it the norm so people feel the need to cover it up.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

This whole game needs a story. I'd make up my own, but I don't think it'd go so well.

Something like Mushroom Kingdom, that was alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Veneni View Post
    So you agree? I'm confused.
    We are not complaining. And even the wether me or dexless sins complain is irrelevant. We're trying to have a rational debate here about nexon and if it maybe is making items a certain way so they make people buy more nx. You say no, we say yes. Noone is complaining about it.

Can you please stop with this and keep the discussion intelligent? Adding "Oh waaa" and "Give me a break." to an exaggerated subjectified version of the point of discussion is not adding anything to your credibility.
    This is how people are around here.

If you're displeased with something, and want to voice your opinion about it then you're a complainer, and "if you don't like it, stop playing" is the response.

There are no such things as intelligent discussions on Hidden-Street, because the intelligent people have all given up on "The Stupids of Hidden-Street" AKA the ones who spend more time on the forum than playing the game.

OT:

I side with the OP, and others who can see that it's an intentional way to coerce you into buying NX. I'll be wearing mine until I get a Z.Helm, then I'll wear a Z.Helm until a Scarlion Helm. All three of them are the best hats in the game, and to use something else in a DAMAGE DRIVEN game would make the experience less enjoyable. I don't mind looking at my Owl head constantly, but at the same time, it does clash with everything and does look stupid over-all.

It's a valid theory, and for you, Penguin, to just attack the OP instead of contributing in a constructive manner to the topic, just makes you look bad.

If you don't like what's being posted DON'T RESPOND TO IT (c wut i did thar?) (OH SNAP, DID YOU SEE THAT ONE TOO?! Meme's all day everyday)
    Hail Satan

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

If you look at my posts, you'll see I've made no attacks on anyone.
    Maybe if I said, "Hey, you're an idiot" I would have attacked someone.

It's also not that I don't like what's being posted, I'm making discussion.
    Also way to generalize the hell out of Hidden-Street.
    Who's given up now?
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by JustVinPad View Post
    This whole game needs a story. I'd make up my own, but I don't think it'd go so well.

Something like Mushroom Kingdom, that was alright.

The whole game DOES have a story. In fact there is a good site out there that compiled all the quest info from the whole game into the complete Maple Story.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I'm quitting maple for good

Really? I thought it was just disjointed bull****. I wanna see this site!