Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
[GMS] [Game-Revamp] Start MapleStory from the Website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Game-Revamp] Start MapleStory from the Website

Default [Game-Revamp] Start MapleStory from the Website

Dear Maplers,

MapleStory will soon be moving to a new method for starting the game client. Rather than launching the game from your desktop, the game will be launched directly from the official MapleStory website. Once the game is patched, the icon on your desktop will now direct you to the official MapleStory website. At the website, simply log in with your Nexon ID, click on the large “Start Game” button and the game will launch. It’s that easy!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: My desktop MapleStory icon now takes me directly to the MapleStory website. How do I start MapleStory now?

A: Simple. Once you’ve arrived at the official MapleStory website, you will see a large button that says “Start Game.” Clicking on that and using your ID and password to log in will launch the game. For more detailed information, you can follow these
    STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS.

Q: What does start MapleStory from the website mean?

A: MapleStory is introducing a new method of starting the game in which players will be directed to the official MapleStory website (http://maplestory.nexon.net) in order to start the game client rather than starting the game directly from the desktop.

Q: Why are you switching to launching MapleStory from the website?

A: Moving to launching from the website allows us to do several things for our players:

- It allows your game and web experience to be combined into a single log in. You will now be logged in to all of Nexon’s websites whenever you use Start MapleStory from Website. This should make it easier for players to find game information, get technical support and switch between games.

- It helps us to better communicate with our players. By placing messages of importance on the website (in-game events, maintenance notices, technical issues, update notifications and the like), we can be sure of reaching you as you log in to the game.

- The website is already available when exiting the game. This ensures that any emergency message affecting gameplay will be visible.

- It allows us to display Web-only and community event notifications that help us enhance your MapleStory experience.

Q: Will this affect the game or how I play the game?

A: No. The only thing that is changing is how you start the game. This does not change the game or gameplay in any way.

If you are experiencing issues with starting MapleStory from the website, please click HERE.

Happy Mapling!

-The MapleStory Team-

Source

That's really smart Nexon America. Could have done this the last 5 years ago.
    I'm Retired.

As long as it doesn't default to IE.

Crap. I bet it does.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

when does they put this in effect? because everytime i try to go nexon, it redirectes me to p0rn site -.- and yes i have checked my computer and it didn't find anything :/

Seems like they are getting ready for the blockparty switch

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisonmale View Post
    when does they put this in effect? because everytime i try to go nexon, it redirectes me to p0rn site -.- and yes i have checked my computer and it didn't find anything :/
    Check your hosts file (C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc), open it with notepad and delete any lines with nexon in it
    Spoiler!

I prefer starting from the desktop.. >.< just my opinion

kMS used to do this, but I think they stopped. Their webpage had like a billion anti-hack programs so you had to install them, then do a whole bunch of stuff to actually log in. Massive pain in the ass.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

So what if we're unable to patch up?
    by Cryopon

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    kMS used to do this,
    No wonder , I was trying to login KMS servers from a cybercafe in Seoul and it brought me to their website like few years back.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Are we allowed to ask questions/problems about this update here?

Tried logging into the website, but then I realized that I forgot my Nexon ID password. I sent a password change request, they gave it to me and told me I could change the password from my profile later. When I tried logging in through the website again, they asked me to set a new password, which is all well and good, but when I put the alphanumeric temp. password I got in the email, they won't take it because it's too long. Help? Should I try emailing Nexon about this, or do you think it's a glitch or something that'll clear up?