Thread: "Time taking to 'Level up'" question and few misc things....

Default "Time taking to 'Level up'" question and few misc things....

Hey folk's : I've been playing MS a bit more consistently and I "guess" I'm making ok progress, BUT would appreciate thoughts on this: You can see from my earlier post I made lvl 70 sader on 12/20/09. Today, I'm now lvl 81 and about 50% to 82. Does that seem like good gains in that time period? BTW, I've lowered my base DEX to 37 and still have ACC of 168 with everything, but my glory sword is +35 of that so I'm concerned as I want to use the sparta at lvl 100 (I saw one that had str +5 and WA of 125) but I'll lose the ACC of maple glory...we'll see as i get closer to having to contempt that decision..... Also, from playing with the ACC calc's out there, seems like the most you need "ever" is 158 ACC...seems like lvl 200 you still are like 91% of these green wyverns (I think thats what they are).

How much you level has a lot to do with how much time you spend playing.

A lot of quotations there, by the way. Do they mean something?

yeah, quotes emphasize certain aspects of the post...try rereading to see if you get it.

thanks for your reply though.

...If you say so.

But around how many hours do you play a day?

not sure why your responded "if you say so" seems pretty clear to me.

your level 30...or do you have other higher level characters? How many hours do you play per day.

for me, its mainly weekends, usely about 2 hours at a stretch....how about you?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

The first time I did 70+ (about a 11/2 years ago), it took me about the same timeframe to lvl up. I tend to just do straight grinds though. Generally, if you are training 2-4 hours each day on 1x, that sounds about right. It's not slow by any means, at least for a 1st time through. If you are having trouble lvling up, try to set goals for yourself. At the time, I made sure to get at least 30% a day even on 1x. 30% alone isn't difficult. If you feel like you're really getting into training, just keep going.
    I liked to have a movie playing in the background, and later on, I downloaded Skype so I could talk to my friends while I played. Find something that really holds your interest for extended periods of time. Usually music won't do enough. Podcasts work great if you can't concentrate on a movie or show and train.

As for the accuracy, don't worry too much. If you are at 130 acc with a regular sword, you should be fine by the time you switch. Remember you get boosts from Blessing (+1 att/acc for each decade of a lvl on your other character). It's pretty easy to rush a mule Aran to lvl 70 for the +7 att/acc boost and the rings. You'll also get more accuracy from pendants later on (HT or MoN both give massive acc boosts). 30-45 base dex is pretty average, so yours fits right in.

Regarding your sword choice: If you cannot afford a decent attack shield, it would probably be more effective to just go 2H until later. 2h has a different formula (Str means more), so a sword just a couple att higher may actually do more damage if it is 2h. I haven't done the calculations myself, but most people say that a shield is only worth equipping if it's 12+ attack (this does take into account formula and speed differences). Unless you have a godly 1h sword, I would just go 2h until later.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    (about a 11/2 years ago)
    11/2 = 5.5 years, or 11 and a half years, or 1 and a half years?
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

1.5 years to clear up his post
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    The first time I did 70+ (about a 11/2 years ago), it took me about the same timeframe to lvl up. I tend to just do straight grinds though. Generally, if you are training 2-4 hours each day on 1x, that sounds about right. It's not slow by any means, at least for a 1st time through. If you are having trouble lvling up, try to set goals for yourself. At the time, I made sure to get at least 30% a day even on 1x. 30% alone isn't difficult. If you feel like you're really getting into training, just keep going.
    I liked to have a movie playing in the background, and later on, I downloaded Skype so I could talk to my friends while I played. Find something that really holds your interest for extended periods of time. Usually music won't do enough. Podcasts work great if you can't concentrate on a movie or show and train.

As for the accuracy, don't worry too much. If you are at 130 acc with a regular sword, you should be fine by the time you switch. Remember you get boosts from Blessing (+1 att/acc for each decade of a lvl on your other character). It's pretty easy to rush a mule Aran to lvl 70 for the +7 att/acc boost and the rings. You'll also get more accuracy from pendants later on (HT or MoN both give massive acc boosts). 30-45 base dex is pretty average, so yours fits right in.

Regarding your sword choice: If you cannot afford a decent attack shield, it would probably be more effective to just go 2H until later. 2h has a different formula (Str means more), so a sword just a couple att higher may actually do more damage if it is 2h. I haven't done the calculations myself, but most people say that a shield is only worth equipping if it's 12+ attack (this does take into account formula and speed differences). Unless you have a godly 1h sword, I would just go 2h until later.
    Hey Tesi, thx for the post...good feedback
    I've got a brawler mule lvl 44 that I may raise. I'm sure down the road there will be some ring options other than Aran; I got too much equips/stuff that i keep in my spearman and my brawler to go for the ring.

my 1h srd wa is decent at 101 for me...haven't seen anything stronger at FM for my lvl and my ACC needs and my shield is 9 ATK but I'm waiting to find a maple shield with 17-21 ATK and by it. I've got 1 slot left on my shield but don't want to risk a 70% until i know i have a shield i can buy at the FM.

Thanks again for your reply.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

If your shield is 9 att 1 slot, that should be fine (especially since you have a decent sword for your lvl).

I would try to get 50% or so every day on your brawler until 70. It's nice to have a break from your main as well as an att/acc boost. Brawlers are very cheap and fast during 2nd job, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Spoiler!