Thread: "Dont trick a trickster"

Default "Dont trick a trickster"

Ok, so my computer apprently has a virus. AntiVir pops up and says "Dang bro you got a virus, click [Help Now] and solve all your problems. No. It is a trick the computer guy said, but now every sie i go to, i have to go thru a screen that says "Warning, your computer may be at risk"(But it isnt it's trying to trick me.) How can I stop the Warning screen and just go to the site?

the first thing you need to do is get rid of the virus, because I am 98.923% sure that it is the virus causing you to do that.

Download avast or avg (or use your own). do a complete system scan. If no luck, post back here
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

I found Malwarebytes does a better job at quickly detecting and removing malware, while Avast takes a considerably longer time, but is more thorough, and AVG doesn't fare so well. However, Avast and AVG are great for their real time scanners.

You can also try AntiVir. I kid you not, the real and legit one (without the "dang bro"), is quite effective.

In any case, it's some sort of malware and you need to get rid of it quick.

Yeah uh when informal language pops up like that as an antivirus software, it's 100% guaranteed to be a trojan so don't click on those in the future
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Whee download hijack this. Post it here since you obviously can't access other sites. Oh and, same thing happened to me another time. Basically the antivirus is the virus. Pretty damn easy to see that, not so easy to get rid of. Just post the HiJack This Log File.
    hi