Page 50 of 164 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    I haven't found a single dungeon EVER.
    Easymodo dungeon finding:
    Spoiler!

Notes:
    - You can skip Step 1 if you're already acquainted with navigating your world (which I'd assume you are)
    - I'd recommend digging a 2-wide or 2-long shaft straight down, alternating dig order. Just so you don't accidentally fall into any hazards that might be between you and the dungeon
    If you don't have Paint.NET any image editor that can handle layers will do.

This is easier than Tesi's method (searching just for the spawners) since on cartograph spawners are just single squares. Searching for the Mossy Cobblestone (block value 48) reveals the whole room as much more noticeable rectangles.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

I don't think cartograph is an option seeing that I only play multiplayer now.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    I don't think cartograph is an option seeing that I only play multiplayer now.
    Well that's really the only way other than manually digging around now is it?

A gift to you HS from me. A collection of minecraft tutorial/reference images on a bunch of subjects. Maybe you'll find some things useful. Will re-edit this post with link soon as it's done uploading.

EDIT: here it is
    http://www.2shared.com/file/KEY_i1-r...Images_v1.html
    Last edited by Megadeus; 14th January 2011 at 07:07 AM.
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post

This is easier than Tesi's method (searching just for the spawners) since on cartograph spawners are just single squares. Searching for the Mossy Cobblestone (block value 48) reveals the whole room as much more noticeable rectangles.
    I mentioned Mossy too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Cartograph and search for spawners (or to make it easier to find, mossy cobble)
    To protect myself against those spider rascals, I covered my entire courtyard in glass. Even if flying aggressive mobs are implemented, I'll be safe, cozy, and self-sustaining (trees, wheat, cobble generator, lit branch mine, mob traps, etc)

Spoiler!

I mentioned Mossy too.

To protect myself against those spider rascals, I covered my entire courtyard in glass. Even if flying aggressive mobs are implemented, I'll be safe, cozy, and self-sustaining (trees, wheat, cobble generator, lit branch mine, mob traps, etc)
    If Notch ever puts mobs in that can break blocks and intend to do so on its own is the day I decide to quit minecraft.

Found my firstest lapis lazuli. It's definitely blue. Also you can dye sheep. That is hilarious. Apparently spiders can't climb sandstone. The age of the sandcastle has begun!
    Last edited by supalime; 14th January 2011 at 08:06 AM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Woah, stumbled on some birch trees in game. This is a VERY cool addition

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    Found my firstest lapis lazuli. It's definitely blue. Also you can dye sheep. That is hilarious. Apparently spiders can't climb sandstone. The age of the sandcastle has begun!
    Woah, stumbled on some birch trees in game. This is a VERY cool addition
    Funny, /v/ (and thus a lot of crafters) don't like how birch trees look.

Hey guys, if I imported my save file (from my backups), it should work if I buy and download the game right? I mean, I haven't installed any mods or done anything to the game's files so...

should work. Downloading an uploaded map from a previous version still will work on your newer version
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    should work. Downloading an uploaded map from a previous version still will work on your newer version
    Wonderful. I will buy the game sometime and the first thing I will do is make a cake and eat it in celebration.