Page 53 of 164 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Spent hours on this (mainly due to horrid FPS lag with constant <1) Hardcore bumper boat wars in our server are a possibility now.
    Spoiler!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

The boats will break won't they?
    by Cryopon

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    The boats will break won't they?
    That's the point

Spoiler!

oo, whats the Server it4l? My minecraft ign is RabidTree

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    Spoiler!
    You borrowed my tower :3

Anyways, I finished my (extremely long) bridge and decided to look around the new land I just connected to. The place is full of chasms and above-ground caverns...

And an above ground dungeon.
    Spoiler!

Being so close to the ground I put up some lights and connected the grass growth to the spawner...
    Spoiler!

Pig factory!
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

You could turn that into a water trap and farm arrows if you removed the light from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    You could turn that into a water trap and farm arrows if you removed the light from it.
    But you don't get the delicious, delicious porkchops (or Bacon if you use Painterly pack)

So after a little simple testing with the Dispenser, I can conclude two things in regards to effective range
    - The bow fires farther but loses range marginally faster (the arrows arc downward stronger) - in comparison to the Dispenser, which shoots not quite as far but doesn't arc down as fast
    -> The bow and arrow begins to lose range when fired level to the ground and shot at a height of 5 blocks (Z-level 6), comparison to the Dispenser whose arrows began to fly less when fired level to the ground at a height of 6 blocks (Z-level 7)
    - The Dispenser has bad accuracy

I did a little bit of testing firing the dispenser's arrows through water (still water of various lengths, same-direction flowing water of various lengths, opposite-direction flowing water of various lengths, falling water). Good news: the dispenser can fire through water and have a source block placed on the dispensing face with no problem. Bad news: the arrows behave strangely in water - I can't determine if water changes the effective range just yet. No concrete results but I might say that the water somewhat improved accuracy - I remember not getting as many stuck in the "barrel"* as I did without water.
    * the barrel was a trough four blocks long, with the Dispenser situated at the very end, for a total of five blocks long (Dispenser, then four dirt blocks), and similarly constructed sides to the barrel. Note that it was open-air i.e. I didn't make it a fully enclosed barrel so much as it was a guide-rut.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Megadeus your PM box is full so I'll just reply to your PM here, since there isn't any "sensitive secret information"

------

At the moment we're not really playing any mini-games, and Spleef is rather difficult on the new Minecraft because blocks take time to break (in Classic the blocks were 1hit destroy, allowing Spleef to be playable), although with diamond shovels Spleef is possible.

Also, there's some coliseum to the northwest of spawn, which I'm assuming is for PvP fights.

-------

@Jon: It was a zombie spawner, and I can just get feathers from chickens.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Oh right. I forgot that Spleef was started and works best in Classic. The coliseum could work I guess, but what about games that need more room or terrain modification? Something larger would be better right? But it's not as if building a huge box and calling it an arena is hard.

Haven't been on the SMP server the last two plays, been busy with SP and mob-grinder harvesting arrows for my Dispenser tests. (I am indeed very fascinated by this new weapon)

EDIT: WHAAAAAAAAAT? You can't pick up Mob Spawners? I thought you could, given all the stories of people taking them back to the surface and making pig farms... My dreams of making a porkchop generator are RUINED FOREVER.
    NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTCH!
    Last edited by Megadeus; 17th January 2011 at 02:02 AM.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    EDIT: WHAAAAAAAAAT? You can't pick up Mob Spawners? I thought you could, given all the stories of people taking them back to the surface and making pig farms... My dreams of making a porkchop generator are RUINED FOREVER.
    NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTCH!
    INV Edit?
    by Cryopon