Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with my Pirate.

Banned

I was capped at 25 dex, and was just a few points short of being able to wear a level 50 claw; all I would have to do to do this was karma my zhelm over.

Otherwise, I was using all 100% dex equips, and a receiver from that agent event that had like ~10 dex, don't remember anymore.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Well let's see:

45 base DEX
    15 Zhelm DEX
    15 overall DEX (this is being generous)
    10 earring DEX (also very generous)
    10 shoe DEX ("")
    95 total DEX = level 90 knuckle (75 possible base ATT)

70 base DEX
    50 added DEX
    120 total DEX = reverse knuckle (88 possible base ATT)

Difference in STR = 25 = about 5 ~ 7 ATT
    Difference in knuckle ATT = 13 ATT

So you're kinda missing out on 6 ATT if you decide to cap at 45.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    PROTIP: 45 base DEX will be a problem for you in later levels in terms of knuckles.

Unless you have more than 20m funding, that 45 base DEX won't let you get anything above 70 or so (this is being generous).
    For now, it's okay, but capping your DEX at that level is something more for warriors.
    And in terms of experience, CPQ with max Rombots is the best. Even with a clean claw you can easily solo around 700 points, and Rombots are 450 exp each.
    Pirates don't have insane Dex requirements. My friend is a 16x Bucc and has only 40 base dex (yet wears a reverse knuckle). It's best to keep this stat as low as possible early on and adjust it to your end game weapon. It's MUCH easier to lvl a few times and upgrade dex than it is to reset a dozen or so points. That same Bucc friend simply saved some points around 100 and allocated them accordingly.
    A Zhelm gives 15 dex, DepStar/MoN gives 5 dex, a 100%ed dex belt gives anywhere from 4-8 dex. Those free evan glasses are very easy to get at least +1 (scrolling for Att can be expensive and time consuming). Aran rings give 1-3 dex. A makered high lvl overall can easily be 20+ dex (even if it's just 60%ed). Makered shoes can easily be 10+ dex (again, even with just 60%ing). Assuming he wont have the money to Chaos a pac, a Dex pac (5-10 dex) is relatively cheap. 10 Dex earrings are cheap, in Kradia at least, and are easy to buy or scroll. Add all that to his 45 base and you easily get 116-127 total dex (before MW). Those aren't even insane Dex equips; they are VERY average and doable.
    Most good brawlers cap 30-60 base dex, because every point above the weapon requirement is a point wasted (accuracy isn't really a problem for most Buccs).

Edit: You were actually pretty under-generous in your equipment set. A 15 dex overall can be made by just 100%ing a makered mid-lvl overall. You forgot Belts, Rings, and Glasses (all free now).

Spoiler!

Lv 47, haven't played since Friday. Might just CPQ some more. I will have +31 STR at Lv 50, and about + 31 dex. My current dex with stat boosts is 73, and all I have is the 12 stat hat and 100%d overall. Accuracy is NOT a problem anymore, once I hit 50, I will have 150 accuracy, and only 45 base dex.

Edit: I may consider resetting my dex down to 30 eventually. Depending on how my gear works out at 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Pirates don't have insane Dex requirements. My friend is a 16x Bucc and has only 40 base dex (yet wears a reverse knuckle). It's best to keep this stat as low as possible early on and adjust it to your end game weapon. It's MUCH easier to lvl a few times and upgrade dex than it is to reset a dozen or so points. That same Bucc friend simply saved some points around 100 and allocated them accordingly.
    A Zhelm gives 15 dex, DepStar/MoN gives 5 dex, a 100%ed dex belt gives anywhere from 4-8 dex. Those free evan glasses are very easy to get at least +1 (scrolling for Att can be expensive and time consuming). Aran rings give 1-3 dex. A makered high lvl overall can easily be 20+ dex (even if it's just 60%ed). Makered shoes can easily be 10+ dex (again, even with just 60%ing). Assuming he wont have the money to Chaos a pac, a Dex pac (5-10 dex) is relatively cheap. 10 Dex earrings are cheap, in Kradia at least, and are easy to buy or scroll. Add all that to his 45 base and you easily get 116-127 total dex (before MW). Those aren't even insane Dex equips; they are VERY average and doable.
    Most good brawlers cap 30-60 base dex, because every point above the weapon requirement is a point wasted (accuracy isn't really a problem for most Buccs).

Edit: You were actually pretty under-generous in your equipment set. A 15 dex overall can be made by just 100%ing a makered mid-lvl overall. You forgot Belts, Rings, and Glasses (all free now).
    It may not be expensive to you, but it's a lot considering he only has 20m.
    And MW at 120? He's not going to have that until at least 150 (if he follows standard builds).
    Makering with an adv DEX crystal is easily 100m+ in Bera, I can't imagine how it must be in Kradia.

20m isn't a lot to go on; what may be "relatively cheap" for you could be "insanely expensive" for him.
    I'm just going off experience in my own world; DEX doesn't come cheap, especially when you need 50+ of it.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

-Ahem- 11m. If I can get an E7 from Gacha, I'll be set for a good long time. I can get a dep star, and Dex earrings, Dex gloves. (Only if I NEED the dex, otherwise att glove) Keep in mind penguinz, Tesi goes off of his own personal experience. I've never level'd past 40, until now. Tesi just doesn't understand that there are people that aren't as good at MS as him. Making do with this 11m is nearly impossible. Pot burn at MP3 alone will cost me over 1m for 1 level of training. I'm taking my time with this character, and I don't want to rush to 70. I have 23 levels until 3rd job, I want to enjoy them. Once i hit 50, I will have 150 accuracy, and + 31 dex. (About 80 dex after stat boost) I'm gonna maker my overall for 70, and 100% dex scroll it. Hopefully getting up to 20 dex from it. That alone will put me at about 90 dex.

I understand he's going on his own experience, but I'm telling him his standards don't apply here.
    If you're low on money, you need some high base DEX (maybe around 70 or 80 if you plan on getting there).

Depending on what your goal level is, just cap your DEX at that. Calculate your current added DEX and subtract it from your goal level. This should be your DEX cap.
    NEVER buy DEX gloves, unless the knuckle you're getting in exchange has some really good attack.
    It's also not a matter of "being good," it's just "having money" and "working hard."
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

With my helm right now, I can wear my 50 overall. The +3 more dex from the zhelm will help as well. So, with proper gear, Lv 60 gear should not be a problem either.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I'm talking about late game. It's better to keep it capped low now than have too much later in game. He can use a Maple Golden Claw until 80 (very easily). Once there, it's easier to get a grasp of when to cap dex. Like I said, it's easier to put points into dex than it is to take them out. He won't have to spend money on things like Zhelms or MoNs, so most of his money can go to potions and equips. I managed to cap my dex at 40 on my Yellonde brawler (completely unfunded, no MTS) and still equip a lvl 90 kunckle (without dex earrings).
    Most Buccs won't go reverse right at 120, they wait until they can farm pieces. By the time a Bucc can effectively farm pieces (at least 128), he can be free to sacrifice 3 lvls for MW9. MW is most effective when used in combination with capping dex. I didn't upgrade to reverse on my Bowmaster until 145, when I got MW to 19. While MW20 is unrealistic, MW9 is free and takes only 3 lvls. Again, this will save you from having to reset Dex later on.

Btw, I think I found an extra dex pac on one of my mules (2 att, 5 dex). You can borrow it at 50.
    As for Maker, I have about a ton extra Inter. Dex crystals you can use.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    I'm talking about late game. It's better to keep it capped low now than have too much later in game. He can use a Maple Golden Claw until 80 (very easily). Once there, it's easier to get a grasp of when to cap dex. Like I said, it's easier to put points into dex than it is to take them out. He won't have to spend money on things like Zhelms or MoNs, so most of his money can go to potions and equips. I managed to cap my dex at 40 on my Yellonde brawler (completely unfunded, no MTS) and still equip a lvl 90 kunckle (without dex earrings).
    Most Buccs won't go reverse right at 120, they wait until they can farm pieces. By the time a Bucc can effectively farm pieces (at least 128), he can be free to sacrifice 3 lvls for MW9. MW is most effective when used in combination with capping dex. I didn't upgrade to reverse on my Bowmaster until 145, when I got MW to 19. While MW20 is unrealistic, MW9 is free and takes only 3 lvls. Again, this will save you from having to reset Dex later on.

Btw, I think I found an extra dex pac on one of my mules (2 att, 5 dex). You can borrow it at 50.
    As for Maker, I have about a ton extra Inter. Dex crystals you can use
    Sweet, the dex pac & Inter Cyrstals will help. Will use them when I maker my 50 overall.