Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with my Pirate.

Banned

tesi, why are you cheating on me? :<

Small upate:
    Wearing my zhelm now, got my hands on a clean Dep star. What next? Current funding is 55m. I will be Gacha'ing this weekend with 25k nx. Should I use some of that NX to get a good STR pac? Help! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Pirates don't have insane Dex requirements. My friend is a 16x Bucc and has only 40 base dex (yet wears a reverse knuckle). It's best to keep this stat as low as possible early on and adjust it to your end game weapon. It's MUCH easier to lvl a few times and upgrade dex than it is to reset a dozen or so points. That same Bucc friend simply saved some points around 100 and allocated them accordingly.
    A Zhelm gives 15 dex, DepStar/MoN gives 5 dex, a 100%ed dex belt gives anywhere from 4-8 dex. Those free evan glasses are very easy to get at least +1 (scrolling for Att can be expensive and time consuming). Aran rings give 1-3 dex. A makered high lvl overall can easily be 20+ dex (even if it's just 60%ed). Makered shoes can easily be 10+ dex (again, even with just 60%ing). Assuming he wont have the money to Chaos a pac, a Dex pac (5-10 dex) is relatively cheap. 10 Dex earrings are cheap, in Kradia at least, and are easy to buy or scroll. Add all that to his 45 base and you easily get 116-127 total dex (before MW). Those aren't even insane Dex equips; they are VERY average and doable.
    Most good brawlers cap 30-60 base dex, because every point above the weapon requirement is a point wasted (accuracy isn't really a problem for most Buccs).

Edit: You were actually pretty under-generous in your equipment set. A 15 dex overall can be made by just 100%ing a makered mid-lvl overall. You forgot Belts, Rings, and Glasses (all free now).
    On that note, i haven't played maplestory in years and i've just come back. Can someone fill me in on How to get these new equips that are 'free'?
    I know the aran ring can be gotten from levelling up an aran, is that event still on? And what about the critical/cruel ring? And so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Latch plane View Post
    On that note, i haven't played maplestory in years and i've just come back. Can someone fill me in on How to get these new equips that are 'free'?
    I know the aran ring can be gotten from levelling up an aran, is that event still on? And what about the critical/cruel ring? And so forth.
    Belts are the only "Free" thing you can get now, you missed out on the aran ring, and the dragon glasses. You probably should have made another thread for this, as this one is 5 or so months old though.

Banned

You really haven't mentioned anything about your other equips--seeing as though the thread is a bit old, it would've helped to just repost it, even if you had already mentioned it earlier.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Training spots to try:
    Truckers
    Mutae
    Roids

Hmph, Pot burn at Truckers is too much for me. Mutae are getting too slow, how fast are Roids for an average speed leveler at 39?
    Also, how often should I upgrade my Overall / Shoes?
    I found that with my aran too. I'd just scrap training altogether and try to get into whatever PQs you can, first CPQ and later pharaoh PQ. Though it would be better there if you were an aran.

I missed the glasses too. Packing for a move, and my computer got hacked. I was forbidden to play Maplestory until I actually got my own laptop. When I got back, I was in fact very much hacked in MS too, as all my gear and money was gone.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 15th October 2010 at 09:24 PM.

Uhm, check thread postage date please....I've got a 51 Aran, and my Brawler is Lv 55.

-Update-

My Brawler is at level 65, and I've been looking more into a good 3rd job build. I won't be leveling fast, so I want to make an efficient training build. I was thinking of this (In this order)
    70: 1 Transform (Been looking forward to this skill for the past year)
    71: 3 Energy charge
    72: 1 Energy Charge 1 Shockwave 1 Transform.
    73 - ??: 2 Transform 1 Shockwave.
    Would this be an okay build/ I'm not too worried about Energy Blast, and would much prefer Shockwave over it.

Help please?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Shockwave seems like a very cool way to go, but trust me, you'll hate training when you go this route. I was originally going to max Shockwave, but decided against it after I had used it a bit. The skill itself isn't all that effective. It's incredibly slow and difficult to control, and requires transformation. In all reality, it will be like training a brawler with slightly better exp every few minutes. Throw a point or two into trans/shockwave (like I did) then focus on Energy Charge/Blast/Stun Mastery. Since Blast now stuns, Marauder training (via EC route) will be MUCH easier. It will also keep you interested in actively playing the character, where as shockwave is just a burst of spamming every few minutes. Building your combo meter, grouping, and timing are all key to using EC well, and that makes for very fun training.

Also, Dragon Strike outdamages Shockwave almost immediately after you get it, so it's a useless end-game skill.

Spoiler!