Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fionah's Guide To Dragon Mastery (Work In Progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Fionah View Post
    Sorry, back!!! I apologize for the lack of updates to this guide. I was moving to a new location and I just got FIOS installed today. I will be tediously updating the tables/posts. And yes I am aware of Soul being a typo. Under the table it says max, 19 is a typo hehe :P

Also I'm not sure if the cool downs were removed but during the KMS release Fog among others had 20 sec cds.

This guide will be updated as I level, since I am 1 week off training this will be slow. This is to obtain the best/accurate data for GMS Evans :D

btw, blackwargreymon > wargreymon
    Yeah, Fog still has a 20 second cooldown in GMS.
    Also, sig pic is VictoryGreymon, not WarGreymon. =P But yes, I do agree.

cant max magic guard because i need a mastery book, where can i find it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gusminator View Post
    cant max magic guard because i need a mastery book, where can i find it?
    Hiya, been busy with finals, the guide was left semi-complete. To answer you, in GMS you can buy them from the cash shop. I'm sorry to say they do not drop from anywhere that I know of.
    There are countless ingredients that make up the human body and mind, like all the components that make up me as an individual with my own personality. Sure, I have a face and voice to distinguish myself from others, but my thoughts and memories are unique only to me, and I carry a sense of my own destiny. Each of those things are just a small part of it. I collect information to use in my own way. All of that blends to create a mixture that forms me and gives rise to my conscience.

Thunder God

It appears to me from this guide that you haven't actually gone very far with your Evan. Looking at your "disadvantage" list, there are some real glaring errors.

1) All attacks are unidirectional - Unequivocally false. Quake is the skill that becomes your bread and and butter from 100+. Quake hits front and back equally, up pretty well and down about 2 blocks. Quake will let you sit in the middle plat of Gallos and hit top and bottom. And then there is Dark Fog.

2) Key Smashing Class - No. In fact you hit fewer keys because you typically have to charge up Ice and Fire. Macros take care of your buffs. Aran is a key smasher, evan is not.

3) Mana intensive class - No. Perfect example - Dark Fog. Even with Max Amp, the cost is only about 1300. The same ultimate for an archmage is 7000 MP.

4) Most endgame skills have a 20 sec cooldown - False. Only 1 skill does (Dark Fog). Shield is not an endgame skill. In fact, you will probably never use it.

5) No AP bonus from Job Advances - Absolute crap. In fact you get MORE. Every growth from 80+ gives you 5SP to start and it gives you 5 bonus AP (10 total). I have had to rework the Mage Score formula to accommodate Evan growth bonuses because the AP bonuses must be accounted for. An Adventurer gets 10 bonus AP - 5 at 3rd and 5 at 4th. An Evan gets 20. 5 at each growth for 80, 100, 120, and 160.

6) Weaker Magic Guard - Again, unequivocally false. Its not weaker at all. It just has a shorter duration.

7) Low HP - its a mage class. this is normal. However, my evan has more HP at level 130 than my Archmage did at the same level. (2500 for evan, 2000 for AM)

Also of note - You can Max out EVERY skill with an evan, even Hero's Will.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I'm quitting maple for good

Icon3 Aww dang...

So Ive been charging through the Evan quests and somehow messed it up. For growth 3 I have both skills maxed and 1 SP left that cant be spent. Has anyone else had this happen? Has anyone found a fix for it?

More info for anyone who cares:
    the order in which i completed quests was
    - find the puppet for the first time and get herb
    - bring herb to NPC
    - take note to nella in Kerning City
    *then nella sent me to Henesys and I got a message from the puppet at the same time (splitting my path)
    - went to Henesys and rescued Camilla
    - went and got table cloths for Puppet
    - went to kill curse eyes for puppet
    - went to get dolls for puppet
    - went to get bones so Mir would give me a scale (poor guy T.T)
    - currently deciding weather to try my luck in Leafre at lvl 43
    Last edited by le0pard64; 5th May 2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: More info
    The following statement is true.
    The previous statement is false.
    Welcome to my world :D

Yes, the guild needs to be updated. I haven't been able to update it because I'm busy irl with school. The guide needs a BIG UPDATE. Either way ty for posting your opinions. I will look into it and add it to the newer version.

As for Leo, I will get back to you. I have the quests written down/SSed somewhere on my comp lol. Although i do remember having to go to Leafre and talking to the long haired guy.
    There are countless ingredients that make up the human body and mind, like all the components that make up me as an individual with my own personality. Sure, I have a face and voice to distinguish myself from others, but my thoughts and memories are unique only to me, and I carry a sense of my own destiny. Each of those things are just a small part of it. I collect information to use in my own way. All of that blends to create a mixture that forms me and gives rise to my conscience.

Thunder God

The reason you have 1 SP left over is because the Magic Guard mastery book adds 1 SP. The Booster book will do the same thing, but the Critical book will not. You will have an extra SP in that growth as well.

My signature image seems to not update. My Evan is lvl 132 as of this reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I'm quitting maple for good

so how do it get the thing to raise the mastery lvl of magic guard?

Your images are skewed; they're too big so they stretch the post like 3 screens to the right.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

may i have to skill point allocation pictures pls fionah?