Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where did you train?

Thunder God

After you hit 51, move up to C-2. Roids and Huroids will be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I'm quitting maple for good

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    1~30: Evan quests
    31~32: Mushroom Kingdom
    33~36: Evan quests + some MK
    36~37: Kerning Square.

Seriously the Evan quests give you basically a free ride...
    I love it at kerning square. Mostly those quests of blakes dream;D

Abbotsford and Surrey, BC, in Canada, in an Igloo

When your not doing the Job quests in the mid to late 30's, Cold eyes with the fire attack (forgot name gimme a break), is really good experience, kinda like it was for Blaze Wiz's at that level. Get's you to 40 fast, where you can switch to Iron Mutates, which are GODLY!!

Here's what I did:
    Level 15-20(1-15 speaks for itself):Evan quests with some Pig Beach when none are availbe
    Level 20-25:Evan quests with Ant Tunnel I, and Evil Eyes
    level 25-30:Evan quests with Evil Eyes and *SOME*(only for shoes and scrolls) KPQ.
    Level 30-33:Evan Quests witjh every other quest I had`nt done(every single one)
    Level 33-40:Evan Quests and Cold Eyes(great xp and drops)
    Level 40-50:Iron Mutates(totally forgot about the quest that popped up above my head, so amazed.)
    Level 50-65:I plan on doing MP3, if iron mutates slow down.

Thunder God

MP3 sucks as an Evan. at 50, switch to C-2 (roids and Huroids) then go to WRs as soon as you can hit them decently.

Jr. Necki

Is doing pyramid pq good at low 40's? I recently got to level 42 and I'm getting like 24% each time I complete it.
    Proud Retired Jr. Master of Yellonde HiddenStreet

Thunder God

24% for 12minutes, not multipliable... Nope. Way too slow.

At level 42 CPQ is much better, and with an Evan, Max Ice Breath in CPQ is EZMODE. Once you get over lvl 45, the mob exp alone gets real awesome. (Elemental Reset overcomes the silly Robos)

first job was for me was Evan Quests and some random training. I know at the end of first job I went to scorpions and sand rats which were good. From 30-38ish I did CPQ and went and did kerning square quests to 39 at which point I started LPQ for the glasses which got me from 39-45 and I did more Evan quests from 45-46 which is where I am now.
    Goals: Make an Evan [X] lvl 30 [X] lvl 50 [ ] lvl 70 [ ] make 20 mil [X] make 100 mil [ ] lvl 100 [ ] get an elemental staff [X] lvl 120 [ ] lvl 160 [ ](oh wow that's high...)
    Should be fun though

Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post
    24% for 12minutes, not multipliable... Nope. Way too slow.

At level 42 CPQ is much better, and with an Evan, Max Ice Breath in CPQ is EZMODE. Once you get over lvl 45, the mob exp alone gets real awesome. (Elemental Reset overcomes the silly Robos)
    jw, how does element reset "overcome" the robos?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post
    40-50 - Iron Mutaes

You'll fly.
    on this one too, I'm at iron mutaes, lvl 44, it's pretty slow. Nothing like auto 10% about from 12 minutes of pyramid

Thunder God

Robos are resistant to all elemental attacks. Reset removes that problem.

And if Mutaes is slow for you, you're doing it wrong. 10% in 12 minutes is pathetic at that level. Even at only 1x, I was leveling in less than an hour. The sheer spawn volume there is wonderful.

I can't teach folks how to properly grind. You have to learn the map, learn the spawn locations, and figure out how you can get the most kills in 10 seconds. Sometimes you have to run around a lot. Other times you have to stay still. Sometimes you stay still for a while, then run around to re-trigger spawn, then go back to being still.
    In the end, you have to figure it out yourself. Every character is different because every character has its own level of power. If you really know how to grind, then grinding is always going to be faster than PQ-ing, unless that PQ is CPQ. CPQ is Grinding with extra Exp and no loss for deaths. Every other PQ is slower than grinding. My whole time from 40-50 was spent at Iron Mutaes and CPQ. I went from 40-50 in 2 days (unsure of how much time I spent those 2 days because I was recovering from a med procedure and the memory is foggy).
    According to my screen shots, on March 31, I started my Evan. On April 6, my Evan was lvl 57. On april 7, he was 64. On april 9, he was 70. That's 10 days total to get from 1-70. I think I know what I am saying when I tell you that Mutaes is fast if you can take advantage of it. (Here's a hint... Don't use ice.)

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

10% in 12 minutes isn't terrible exp, especially if you're trying to conserve potions. If you are lukless and well geared, you'll obviously be leveling a bit faster than a full luk character. Iron Mutaes are also a bit too low for lvls 40-50, that may be why it's so slow. I moved up to Roids by 4x and MP3 in late 4x, early 5x. However, CPQing was without a doubt faster than grinding. The Exp in CPQ comes from killing monsters, not winning. I gained nearly double my win exp by killing there. Find a friend/mule as a partner, then go get another team. Give them 100% free win (but make sure they can kill faster than you; try finding Dexless sins, KoC, or Arans). Ask them to summon the mobs of your choice. I started out with Trojans, then at lvl 48 (when I equipped my AM's overall), I asked for rombots. I had them summon speed up so the monsters came to me faster. This cost NOTHING to train, and I was lvling MUCH faster than Iron Mutaes. I generally got 30-40% per PQ, even with constant loss.

Spoiler!