Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old player with one question.

Default Old player with one question.

I'm an old player looking to get back into maplestory and i could use your help finding a class that would best suit what i would like to accomplish with my time in maplestory.
    So here it goes... I want a class that makes a lot of money. Which ever class makes me the most money, I want to be it. That's all i want to do. Smoke trees, **** *****es, and make money.
    I guess a character with strong aoe abilities is what I'm looking for. Good grinding, leveling, strong early/mid/late blah blah blah.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I like Battle Mages. They are extremely fun, fast levels, quite strong( if done correctly). Not sure too much about the money since my money has stopped ever since i started LHCing, but i dont really sell anything(not that i have things worth selling)

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

Quote Originally Posted by jitenp View Post
    I like Battle Mages. They are extremely fun, fast levels, quite strong( if done correctly). Not sure too much about the money since my money has stopped ever since i started LHCing, but i dont really sell anything(not that i have things worth selling)
    Any information you would suggest on how to do a battle mage correctly?

Clerics get a whole lot of money, we have heal so we don't need potions. Clerics are probably the most effective job to get tons of "cash"

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    Clerics get a whole lot of money, we have heal so we don't need potions. Clerics are probably the most effective job to get tons of "cash"
    Well, pot costs don't really matter early on post BB. You loot more than you use anyway. There isn't a class that earns serious money. Some save more than others, but none are standout anymore.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Well, pot costs don't really matter early on post BB. You loot more than you use anyway. There isn't a class that earns serious money. Some save more than others, but none are standout anymore.
    Okay what class would you suggest that has either good aoe or something thats range.

If you want both AoE and range, I suggest Ice Lightning Mage or Bowmaster/Marksman. IL focuses a bit more on AoE, and BM/MM focuses more on range, but both provide range and AoE skills.

Spoiler!

If you want both AoE and range, I suggest Ice Lightning Mage or Bowmaster/Marksman. IL focuses a bit more on AoE, and BM/MM focuses more on range, but both provide range and AoE skills.
    Alright sounds good to me. could you point me in a direction on a guide or give me some advice on starting a bowman.

Bowman is pretty simple in terms of capping your secondary stat (str), so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Add enough to wear your bow (after your +str from armor) until you hit about ~60-80 base str. You can worry about capping after that, but it won't be until early-mid 3rd job.

In 1st job, max out Arrow Blow and Eye of the Amazon first (for range and mobbing). Next max Critical Shot, then put your remaining 16 points into Double Shot (or Focus if you're already 100% 1 hitting everything).
    Do job quests up until about lvl 14 for free potions, then head to Blue Ribbon pigs. In your mid 20s (24 ish), head to the Golem mini dungeon, and stay there until 30.

Were you planning on choosing the Bowmaster or Marksman path?

Spoiler!

Bowman is pretty simple in terms of capping your secondary stat (str), so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Add enough to wear your bow (after your +str from armor) until you hit about ~60-80 base str. You can worry about capping after that, but it won't be until early-mid 3rd job.

In 1st job, max out Arrow Blow and Eye of the Amazon first (for range and mobbing). Next max Critical Shot, then put your remaining 16 points into Double Shot (or Focus if you're already 100% 1 hitting everything).
    Do job quests up until about lvl 14 for free potions, then head to Blue Ribbon pigs. In your mid 20s (24 ish), head to the Golem mini dungeon, and stay there until 30.

Were you planning on choosing the Bowmaster or Marksman path?
    Bowmaster.