Thread: Gunslingers. How bad are they really?

Default Gunslingers. How bad are they really?

Everyone says that becoming a gunslinger basically makes you useless no matter how good your gears are, I personally never made a pirate, they were before my time. But, I was just wondering this, because based on skills they really don't seems to be that bad of a class.

Everyone says this because they're pretty weak up until 70 or so. That, or they're all just jumping on the "Wee Brawler owns joo" bandwagon.

Double Shot
    -Main 1v1 attack skill
    -80% damage per shot
    -160% damage overall
    -Really fast

Invisible Shot
    -Main mobbing/training skill
    -170% damage per mob
    -Attacks 3 mobs
    -Normal Speed

Yes, they are pretty weak
    by Cryopon

But, isn't Rapid Fire kind of like Hurricane but just not as fast?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I played a Slinger for a while just to try it out. I used the following equips/buffs when training: 15 att gloves, pirate job hat, 2 att ragged black cape, 17 dex robe, 10 dex black strap shoes, strless, 100%ed maple gun, aran ring, 1 att glasses, 9 dex nose, lvl 15 BoF, MW20, 12 att pot.

With all of that, I was still doing less than my unfunded dexless sin once did. I could hit maybe 1.4k total with my double shot (at lvl 45), and I was strless with Maple Equips. It got to the point that training my Arch Mage on 4x was faster than my gunslinger on 1x. That's sad considering there was a 110 level difference.

Edit, post sniped:

Rapid Fire is like hurricane, but rapid fire is 4th job. Corsairs are the strongest single target DPS class in 4th job, so they do pay off in the end. Pirates use double shot until 3rd job (when it is passively upgraded). The only boost to that skill they get is Mastery, which is standard for all classes.
    Last edited by Tesiqurasa; 9th May 2010 at 09:04 AM.

Spoiler!

A semi decently funded Gunslinger will suck ass until around 3rd job, when they get Burst Fire. They still level slowly though, due to a lack of a good mobbing attack.
    Also, their DPS in 4th job requires you to have your Battleship out, but the BS's HP is based on your own... So if you plan on going on any boss runs/getting to end game, you need to HP wash a lot.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by LostZodiac View Post
    But, isn't Rapid Fire kind of like Hurricane but just not as fast?
    I'm pretty sure they're the same speed, but i may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    So if you plan on going on any boss runs/getting to end game, you need to HP wash a lot.
    What? I'm pretty sure that level 2 Battleship already has like 4k hp+your own. That already should be a lot. So why would one need to HP wash? And as the battleship level goes up, so does the amount of base hp increase added with your own.
    by Cryopon

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Battleship will break when it takes enough damage. Considering most major bosses do at least 3k, you'd be surprised how short it can last. It also has a cooldown, so breaking just once or twice will greatly reduce DPS. Any ranged class needs to HP wash to be accepted on the major running squads in most servers anyway. It's not necessary to play the game, but most groups make it a huge priority. A living average geared character has a higher DPS than a dead godly equipped char.

Spoiler!

StormBreaker

They've gotta increase the HP of all characters.