Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paladin - The Holy Master of the Elements

not to be a total killjoy, but I've been working on a guide for about a year now, though, it's incomplete, I'm waiting until AFTER the balance patch to release it outside of the forum I have it posted on:

http://khainipaladins.freeforums.org...build-t67.html

Go take a look, it's fairly accurate but needs more work done to it. I'm holding off on some major revisions until AFTER the patch sometime this summer.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Ben Franklin, 1759

Quote Originally Posted by Foopah View Post
    not to be a total killjoy, but I've been working on a guide for about a year now, though, it's incomplete, I'm waiting until AFTER the balance patch to release it outside of the forum I have it posted on:

Go take a look, it's fairly accurate but needs more work done to it. I'm holding off on some major revisions until AFTER the patch sometime this summer.

K well...uh....yea...its nice

EDIT: after reading the whole thing, i noticed that there are a few things that I'd change from the guide.
    Last edited by blub212212; 17th May 2010 at 07:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

Very nice guide, the thing is, I see absolutely no one doing LPQ anymore because of CPQ (LPQ was my favorite one too U_U.)

Quote Originally Posted by blub212212 View Post

K well...uh....yea...its nice

EDIT: after reading the whole thing, i noticed that there are a few things that I'd change from the guide.
    There are many things that need to be changed. One thing to remember, it is a BUILD guide, so it's lacking a lot of the information regarding 4th job quests and whatnot. It's designed in mind for those who grind, as I always say. A lot of the information in there has been put together with ideas from other Paladins as well. Use it wisely for reference, and if you take any elements from it, please credit myself and those I've mentioned in my own guide for assistance in putting it together.

Quote Originally Posted by LostZodiac View Post
    Very nice guide, the thing is, I see absolutely no one doing LPQ anymore because of CPQ (LPQ was my favorite one too U_U.)
    Yes, I miss seeing Ludi full with "J>PQ!!!" and going in and getting that one done. Those were the days.

The guide does need to be updated, that is for sure. Though, right now, without the balance patch in place, it's a bit suicidal for me to go in and start the revisions that are needed. If the balance patch fails to appear this summer, the whole guide is useless. So for now, it'll stand on it's own and when things move along in GMS, it'll get updated.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Ben Franklin, 1759

i dislike the iron body (unless thats improved in the balance patch) and lack of charge blow until later levels. Also, I am soon to incorporate a section about how FA is sort of useless. Either way, I'm still going to work on this
    Yea if i do use your guide (probably training places) i'll cite you. Looking fowards to see your guide improved and such

That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

i dislike the iron body (unless thats improved in the balance patch) and lack of charge blow until later levels. Also, I am soon to incorporate a section about how FA is sort of useless. Either way, I'm still going to work on this
    Yea if i do use your guide (probably training places) i'll cite you. Looking fowards to see your guide improved and such
    Iron Body is a better choice than HP recovery, since new HP/MP recovery chairs are available. It's a more useful skill. As for FA, there's been debate about it, going back and forth as to it's usefulness, and we have all agreed on one thing: it IS actually useful as a skill when you're grinding and training before your 3rd job. Not having it would be a waste of SP, besides the fact that you can't carry SP over from one Job to another. Unless you really have undeniable proof that FA isn't worth it, you won't find many people who will agree with you on this one.

Iron Body is a better choice than HP recovery, since new HP/MP recovery chairs are available. It's a more useful skill. As for FA, there's been debate about it, going back and forth as to it's usefulness, and we have all agreed on one thing: it IS actually useful as a skill when you're grinding and training before your 3rd job. Not having it would be a waste of SP, besides the fact that you can't carry SP over from one Job to another. Unless you really have undeniable proof that FA isn't worth it, you won't find many people who will agree with you on this one.
    Meh, to each his own (on the HP recovery subject). I do believe HP/MP recovery affects you when you are just moving around. So...less potion usage while grinding. IMO.

Here are two quotes regarding MP recovery and FA-less: (from other websites)

FA-less
    Spoiler!

MP recovery:
    Spoiler!

Meh, to each his own (on the HP recovery subject). I do believe HP/MP recovery affects you when you are just moving around. So...less potion usage while grinding. IMO.

Here are two quotes regarding MP recovery and FA-less: (from other websites)

FA-less
    Spoiler!

MP recovery:
    Spoiler!
    Ok, MP recovery is a wasted skill, I don't know any Paladin's that are currently in the top 20 ranks that ever bothered to put points into it, and if they did, they are NOT admitting to it (this is on GMS-Khaini, that is). Secondly, I was talking about HP recovery from a useless skill as "Endure". Almost everyone agrees it's fairly useless, again, with all of the new CHAIRS that are now available in-game (quest, drops, gach, etc).

As for FA, check the SW forums for it from the long-time Paladins of GMS, I'm sure you'll find an interesting debate for it. Calculations aside, I have not personally met any Paladins who didn't max out FA. Then again, if I were to rebuild, I'd still max out FA, because inasmuch as there is a "calculation" those would be under extremely "IDEAL" conditions, and that never exists in MS. Ultimately, either way, you still can't save points to your next job. So what else would you put it on before your 3rd job?

IB is a great defensive skill, along with Achillies and Threaten and PowerGuard, it can reduce the damage taken by an attacking monster, and potentially save on pot use in the long run. It's cheaper to max that out as a 2h versus buying def pill in Ludi. It may not be as useful for a 1h'der only because there aren't enough points to be distributed into it.

The biggest 4th job waste right now is Monster Magnet. Typically, there are 2 ways to go right now:

if 1h:

(10+20+30+30+30+30+30+30+5)
    ACB->Holy->HH(Sanctuary)->Blast->Guardian->Stance->Achillies->MW->Rush->Hero's Will
    ACB->Holy->Blast->HH(Sanctuary)->Guardian->Stance->Achillies->MW->Rush->Hero's Will

if 2h:

(10+20+30+30+30+30+30+5)
    ACB->Holy->HH(Sanctuary)->Blast->Stance->Achillies->MW->Rush->Hero's Will
    ACB->Holy->Blast->HH(Sanctuary)->Stance->Achillies->MW->Rush->Hero's Will

Depending on training conditions (and pre-balance patch), some have chosen to max out HH first to Sanc-train at ToT (usually from level 135 on up) instead of doing Blast first. This is what I did, and has been fairly lucrative for me (PoT hunting, FTW).

After the BP that's currently in que, Blast's range increase along with the new elemental charges increases and the ability to stack Thunder/Lightning, HH first may not be suitable.

Bottom line is, there's no "correct" way to build a Paladin, everyone's going to want to do it their own way, but if you loath grinding and want to MAXIMIZE your time and effort, years of experience is what's gone into my guide, and not just of my own experience. It's the collaborative work about 15 different Paladins from GMS-Khaini. The guide will always evolve as GMS evolves, so what we may think now is good, may not be in a year or two from now.

Best advice, make it fair and balanced, don't give hope where there's none, and don't scrimp on any skills that could really help down-the-road.

all right, you have me there. So when you gonna post your guide here?

all right, you have me there. So when you gonna post your guide here?
    After BP is out. I want to do a nice write-up on pre/post-BP training issues and why BP changes the landscape for this class.