Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
[Warrior] Paladin - The Holy Master of the Elements - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paladin - The Holy Master of the Elements

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blub212212 View Post

when did i say 2x? Please quote for me

What else would i put the points into? Heros will only has 1 just for...whatever....Monster Magnet was just extra SP (couldn't think of anything else worthwhile as a pure 2-H BW/Sword Page->WK->Pally, although i may switch around the build because there is a really good 1-h BW that is could be used end game, so i would put SP Into the blocking skill. I'll add this later) and Hero's will is only one...shouldn't that be OK?
    For the 2x, it's in the description of Fire Charge:
    "Fire/Flame Charge (MAX): Amazing skill for fire weak monsters, which receive 2x damage while using this skill. Very good for early 3rd job as most monsters are weak to fire that you will grind on. Also good for just power."

Guardian is a great skill to upgrade, even if a Pally doesn't think he/she is going 1h. It's better to have it and be prepared than not. I think Pallys should have enough SP to just barely finish "usefull" skills (assuming you save/use 29 points for MW, and bring rush to just 28)

Quote Originally Posted by Foopah View Post
    Iron Body is a better choice than HP recovery, since new HP/MP recovery chairs are available. It's a more useful skill. As for FA, there's been debate about it, going back and forth as to it's usefulness, and we have all agreed on one thing: it IS actually useful as a skill when you're grinding and training before your 3rd job. Not having it would be a waste of SP, besides the fact that you can't carry SP over from one Job to another. Unless you really have undeniable proof that FA isn't worth it, you won't find many people who will agree with you on this one.
    Imo, the second or so it takes to cast Iron Body isn't worth the minor boost it gives. If I am given the choice between a useless active skill and a useless passive skill, i'll always choose the passive skill. At least I save time by not activating the skill. (The ONE exception to this is Focus for bowmen, because it's a freaking eye). There's only one person among us who truly bows to the power of defense.
    Last edited by Tesiqurasa; 18th May 2010 at 12:29 PM.

Spoiler!

Oh my bad, i'll edit that when i get home from school.
    In the math, i always multiplied by 1.5x though
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

Drake

One thing with the elements. They only add 50% damage against weak mobs, not 2x (or 100%).
    Also, there isn't much of a point in upgrading Monster magnet, Rush past 28, or heros will (yet). MM has too short of a range to be worthwhile. Once rush is at 28, it maxes out in range. The extra 4% damage is too minor to be worth 2 SP. It's mainly used as a way to group mobs together and kill with Charged Blow, or finish off a Heavens Hammered mob.
    Heros Will only cures Seduce (VERY few mobs actually seduce. The only ones you'll run into are Lyka and Horntail. Lyka Seduce doesn't really matter. Horntail groups set up seduce "mules" in order of entrance. Generally, specially designed warriors (hp washed, usually 30k with HB) and Shadowers are Sed mules. If it gets to the point that everyone on the run is getting seduced and forced to use HW, it's a pretty fail run anyway.

You also might want to mention the different variations of 4th job builds. I know of two distinct ones that some of my friends went. One maxed Blast right away because he killed Bigfoot as a main source of Exp. He had the spawn times for most chs and maps, so it was a very effective build for him. The other maxed Heavens Hammer and rush and used them in combination at ToT and Skeles.

Otherwise, great guide setup so far.
    MM is actually pretty good for training, but only at higher lvls when you've maxed all other important skills. My Pally at lvl 171 is just beginning to upgrade it lol. There is a video somewhere of a Pally using it to train in RM, looks pretty cool XD
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

edited 3rd job build, 4th job build will be edited soon

this build is for "before balance patch". When balance patch comes out, the guide will be updated to follow it

That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

3rd job build updated for Balance patch and ToT 4th job build added.
    Training section until 70 added, Need input for past that...

BTW Should i even post here if i Update it or just leave it be?

I pretty sure I love this. <3 Nice job.
    I like turtles