Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paladin - The Holy Master of the Elements

Default Paladin - The Holy Master of the Elements

Introduction – The basics of a Warrior, Page, White Knight, and Paladin.
    [Intr0]
    Pros and Cons – Why this job?
    [Pr0s]
    AP Allocation – Str, Dex, Int, Luk
    [AP0]
    1st Job Advancement – Yay Warriors!
    [1j0b]
    1st Job SP Placement – Made for maximum effectiveness
    [1job]
    2nd Job Advancement – The choice: Page, Fighter, or Spearman?
    [2j0b]
    2nd Job SP Placement – IT’S HAMMER TIME! (Or Sword Slashing time)
    [2job]
    3rd Job Advancement – Getting far into this game, aren’t we? (I lost the game)
    [3j0b]
    3rd Job SP Placement – Yea charges are fun!
    [3job]
    4th Job Advancement – ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!
    [4j0b]
    4th Job SP Placement – 240 SP to spend, better use it wisely.
    [4job]
    Math – Don’t we love academics outside of school?
    [m4th]
    Training – You want to get to 200, don’t you?
    [Trn]

COMING SOON!!!!!!!!

Equipment – To better maximize your grinding. Notes on Blunt Weapon vs. Sword included.
    [eqps]

INTRODUCTION:
    [intr0]
    Warriors are the hard-hitting physical characters in this game, as the name suggests. At level 30 a division is introduced, allowing the player to become a Page, Fighter, or Spearman. This guide helps people in the Page path, and should not be used if you are going to be a fighter or spearman.

Pages are not much different than a warrior, with adding more passive boosts instead of active attacks or buffs

White Knight is like the page, in adding boosts. However, these are actually timed buffs that increase damage, and a single new mobbing skill that can stun as well

Paladin is the one of the best fourth jobs, making the time grinding pay off in the end. Holy works amazing in the paladin training spots, and the paladin also has very high damage.

PROS AND CONS:
    [pr0s]

Pros-
    Low-ish Pot using
    Unique
    Imbues elements
    Fourth job DPS is higher than our hero counterparts
    Heaven's Hammer in fourth job makes really nice training

Cons-
    Less incline to be picked into a party
    Second Job gets boring
    No new skills other than Slash Blast and Power Strike until level 70, and even then you have to wait until 120 to use an attacking skill that is spammable

AP ALLOCATION: [ap0]
    http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/t...pping-DEX-long ←Use that to decide on the amount of dex you need, the rest should go into strength. Well that was easy.
    Spoiler!

1ST JOB ADVANCEMENT:
    [1j0b]

From HS Database: Requirement: Level 10, with 35 STR

Go to the Shrine of Warriors which is located at the highest point of Perion. Talk to "Dances with Balrog" and he'll advance you as a Swordman if you have the requirement stats.

1ST JOB SP PLACEMENT:
    [1job]
    Note that this SP Placement is effective for fighters, spearmen, and pages alike. If you are a spearmen/fighter to be and you are looking for a 1st job sp guide, you may use this.

Look at the 1st Job skills/math stuff here: http://global.hidden-street.net/char...class/swordman

Description of skills:

Spoiler!

Build:
    Spoiler!

Why we get these skills:

Spoiler!

2ND JOB ADVANCEMENT:
    [2j0b]
    From HiddenStreet Database: Requirement: Level 30

Head back to Shrine of Warriors once you've reached Lv 30, which is located at the highest point of Perion. Go inside, talk to "Dances with Balrog". He'll give you a letter and you've to pass it to the job advancement instructor near Perion. After giving the letter, you'll be given an errand to collect 30 Dark Marbles by defeating the monsters inside. Be careful to stock your potions up before you start collecting the 30 Dark Marbles.

Once you've collected 30 Dark Marbles, talk to the instructor, and he'll award you with a Proof of a Hero. Go back to Perion's Shrine Warrior, and talk to "Dances with Balrog" once again, where then you'll advance as the Page.

2ND JOB SP PLACEMENT:
    [2job]

Mathematics, Info, Etc. on Skills: http://global.hidden-street.net/character/class/page

Description of Skills
    Spoiler!

Build for pure Sword/BW:
    Spoiler!

Why we get these skills:
    Spoiler!

3RD JOB ADVANCEMENT:
    [3j0b]

From the Hiddenstreet Database:
    Go to El Nath - Chief Residence and speak to Tylus. After talking to Tylus, head back to Victoria Island and talk to "Dances with Balrog" which is located in Perion. Next, find the Door of Dimension located at Ant Tunnel Park and it'll bring you to "The Path of the Glittering Crystal". Walk until the end of the path and enter the portal to defeat the wiseman's dark side to obtain the Black Charm.

Return to "Dances with Balrog" and exchange the Black Charm for a Necklace of Strength. Return to El Nath after that and give the item to Tylus. Head on to the Holy Ground at the Snowfield (Sharp Cliff II). 1 Dark Crystal is requirred to answer 5 questions to obtain the Necklace of Wisdom. Again, head back to Tylus in El Nath and give him the Necklace of Wisdom.

Answer to quiz questions: http://global.hidden-street.net/3rd-job-questions

3RD JOB SP PLACEMENT:
    [3job]

Skill Tables here: http://global.hidden-street.net/char...s/white-knight

Description of skills:
    Spoiler!

Pure Sword/BW Build:
    Spoiler!

Why we get these skills:
    Spoiler!

4TH JOB ADVANCEMENT:
    [4j0b]

When you reach level 120, you'll be able to get new job advancement. This is the last one you'll ever need, and it's also the most powerful for any class. Here's what you need to know about each class' individual advancement:

White Knights become Paladins (That’s you!), Dragon Knights become Dark Knights, and Crusaders become Heroes. Priests become Bishops, Mages become Arch Mages, Rangers become Bow Masters, and Snipers become Marksmen. Hermits become Night Lords, and Chief Bandits become Shadowers.

In every case, in order to get the Maple Story 4th job, you need to talk to the NPC you spoke to in order to get the 3rd job advancement. Then you'll be told who to meet to get the 4th job. For Bowmen, the NPC is Legor. For Warriors, it's Harmonia. For Magicians, his name is Gritto, and for Thieves, it's Hellin. All 4th job advancement NPCs will ask you to get two items: a Heroic Star and a Heroic Pentagon. They're dropped by Griffey and Manon, but you can also get them by giving a Secret Letter of Spell scroll to Chief Tatamo in Leafre. You can buy said scroll in the 44th floor of Eos Tower from someone named Vega. It costs 10 million mesos.

Take Heroic Star and Heroic Pentagon to your 4th job advancement NPC and he'll give you a new skill book. Talk to him again and he'll give you your new job. You'll be rewarded 3 skill points and 5 ability points as well. To get most of your 4th job skills, you have to do quests (More below).

Source: http://ezinearticles.com/?Maple-Stor...ers&id=2466167

Skill Tables: http://global.hidden-street.net/character/class/paladin

Skill Descriptions:
    Spoiler!

About Skills and their books:

Spoiler!

4TH JOB SP PLACEMENT:
    [4job]

It starts like this always:

Level 120 (You get 3 SP for Advancement and 5 AP! Also note that this assumes you’ve gotten every skill/quest/master book): 1 Rush (1), 1 Advanced Charge (1), 1 Heaven's Hammer (1)
    Level 121: 3 Advanced Charge (4)
    Level 122: 3 Advanced Charge (7) (at this point it outdamages power strike, weird huh?)
    Level 123: 3 Advanced Charge (MAX)(Always use this instead of Slash Blast AND power strike)

Pure BW/Sword Build, For Temple of Time:
    Spoiler!

Pure Sword/BW Build, for Skeles, Also a bossing build:

Spoiler!

[spoiler]

Training Locations:
    [trn]
    Spoiler!

MATH! :
    [m4th]

Spoiler!

Thanks to:

SienZ and Pengz for general paladin information and especially for help with 4th job build (s).
    Tesi for pointing out some things

To be Added: Hybrid Build
    Picutres
    Math
    Etc.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU FOUND THE HIDDEN MESSAGE
    HAVE A FREE COOKIE
    Last edited by blub212212; 26th July 2010 at 04:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

~Math Added~ ~Reserved (For Images probably)~ And comments and criticisms are welcomed.

Build after big bang patch (reminding myself of this stuff):

Swordsman:
    Level 10: 1 Max HP Up (1)
    Level 11: 3 Max HP Up (4)
    Level 12: 3 Max HP Up (7)
    Level 13: 3 Max HP Up (10)
    Level 14: 2 Slash Blast (3) 1 Power Strike (1)
    Level 15: 3 Slash Blast (6)
    Level 16: 3 Slash Blast (9)
    Level 17: 3 Slash Blast (12)
    Level 18: 3 Slash Blast (15)
    Level 19: 3 Slash Blast (18)
    Level 20: 3 Slash Blast (MAX)
    Level 21: 3 Power Strike (4)
    Level 22: 3 Power Strike (7)
    Level 23: 3 Power Strike (10)
    Level 24: 3 Power Strike (13)
    Level 25: 3 Power Strike (16)
    Level 26: 3 Power Strike (19)
    Level 27: 1 Power Strike (MAX) 2 Iron Body (2)
    Level 28: 3 Iron Body (5)
    Level 29: 3 Iron Body (8)
    Level 30: 3 Iron Body (11)

Page (With Ground Smash):

Level 30: 1 Mastery (1)
    Level 31: 3 Mastery (4)
    Level 32: 3 Mastery (7)
    Level 33: 3 Mastery (10)
    Level 34: 3 Mastery (13)
    Level 35: 3 Mastery (16)
    Level 36: 3 Mastery (19)
    Level 37: 3 Booster (3)
    Level 38: 3 Booster (6)
    Level 39: 3 Final Attack (3)
    Level 40: 3 Final Attack (6)
    Level 41: 3 Final Attack (9)
    Level 42: 3 Final Attack (12)
    Level 43: 3 Final Attack (15)
    Level 44: 3 Final Attack (18)
    Level 45: 2 Final Attack (MAX) 1 Improved Fundamentals (1)
    Level 46: 3 Improved Fundamentals (4)
    Level 47: 3 Improved Fundamentals (7)
    Level 48: 3 Improved Fundamentals (MAX)
    Level 49: 3 Ground Smash (3)
    Level 50: 3 Ground Smash (6)
    Level 51: 3 Ground Smash (9)
    Level 52: 3 Ground Smash (12)
    Level 53: 3 Ground Smash (15)
    Level 54: 3 Ground Smash (18)
    Level 55: 2 Ground Smash (MAX) 1 Threaten (1)
    Level 56: 2 Threaten (3) 1 Powerguard (1)
    Level 57: 3 Powerguard (4)
    Level 58: 3 Powerguard (7)
    Level 59: 3 Powerguard (10)
    Level 60: 3 Powerguard (13)
    Level 61: 3 Powerguard (16)
    Level 62: 3 Powerguard (19)
    Level 63: 1 Powerguard (MAX) 2 Threaten (5)
    Level 64: 3 Threaten (8)
    Level 65: 3 Threaten (11)
    Level 66: 3 Threaten (14)
    Level 67: 3 Threaten (17)
    Level 68: 3 Threaten (MAX)
    Level 69: 1 Mastery (MAX) 2 Booster (8)
    Level 70: 3 Booster (11)

White Knight:
    Level 70: 1 Combat Orders (1)
    Level 71:

To be continued:
    Last edited by blub212212; 10th July 2010 at 11:25 PM.

That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

It's a (small) Wall of text. And it needs more colors. I'm going by the layout, I don't know a thing about pages. Add more colors, different sized text, more images, and you've got yourself a good layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    It's a (small) Wall of text. And it needs more colors. I'm going by the layout, I don't know a thing about pages. Add more colors, different sized text, more images, and you've got yourself a good layout.
    I personally like guides with less color, none of that lime green on white making you have a headache color.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

One thing with the elements. They only add 50% damage against weak mobs, not 2x (or 100%).
    Also, there isn't much of a point in upgrading Monster magnet, Rush past 28, or heros will (yet). MM has too short of a range to be worthwhile. Once rush is at 28, it maxes out in range. The extra 4% damage is too minor to be worth 2 SP. It's mainly used as a way to group mobs together and kill with Charged Blow, or finish off a Heavens Hammered mob.
    Heros Will only cures Seduce (VERY few mobs actually seduce. The only ones you'll run into are Lyka and Horntail. Lyka Seduce doesn't really matter. Horntail groups set up seduce "mules" in order of entrance. Generally, specially designed warriors (hp washed, usually 30k with HB) and Shadowers are Sed mules. If it gets to the point that everyone on the run is getting seduced and forced to use HW, it's a pretty fail run anyway.

You also might want to mention the different variations of 4th job builds. I know of two distinct ones that some of my friends went. One maxed Blast right away because he killed Bigfoot as a main source of Exp. He had the spawn times for most chs and maps, so it was a very effective build for him. The other maxed Heavens Hammer and rush and used them in combination at ToT and Skeles.

Otherwise, great guide setup so far.

Spoiler!

One thing with the elements. They only add 50% damage against weak mobs, not 2x (or 100%).
    Also, there isn't much of a point in upgrading Monster magnet, Rush past 28, or heros will (yet). MM has too short of a range to be worthwhile. Once rush is at 28, it maxes out in range. The extra 4% damage is too minor to be worth 2 SP. It's mainly used as a way to group mobs together and kill with Charged Blow, or finish off a Heavens Hammered mob.
    Heros Will only cures Seduce (VERY few mobs actually seduce. The only ones you'll run into are Lyka and Horntail. Lyka Seduce doesn't really matter. Horntail groups set up seduce "mules" in order of entrance. Generally, specially designed warriors (hp washed, usually 30k with HB) and Shadowers are Sed mules. If it gets to the point that everyone on the run is getting seduced and forced to use HW, it's a pretty fail run anyway.

You also might want to mention the different variations of 4th job builds. I know of two distinct ones that some of my friends went. One maxed Blast right away because he killed Bigfoot as a main source of Exp. He had the spawn times for most chs and maps, so it was a very effective build for him. The other maxed Heavens Hammer and rush and used them in combination at ToT and Skeles.

Yes i need to point something out, but i've been forgetting.

3rd job and 4th job builds are "theoretical" as i've never been either. I do not know any training spots, so they may be wrong. This is from me looking at skills and assuming training spots.
    I would really like the input of a WK or Paladin here
    And the 1st/2nd job builds and final (Gonna add hybrid though)

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

So is there any particular reason that Monster Magnet even has points into it? It's useless. :|

Stance should definitely come before you even think about putting points into Magnet... same goes for Maple Warrior.
    Not back. Front.

Quote Originally Posted by blub212212 View Post
    Cons-
    Lower damage than other classes
    Post-balance patch this will be false (comparing pallys to other warrior classes)

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnexUK View Post
    So is there any particular reason that Monster Magnet even has points into it? It's useless. :|

Stance should definitely come before you even think about putting points into Magnet... same goes for Maple Warrior.
    Added. It was theoretical as i don't have a paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
    Post-balance patch this will be false (comparing pallys to other warrior classes)
    I put "ultimate 4th job" in the pros, but with the balance patch will pallys still have less damage than heros? I hear they are on par with DrKs in 4th job atm...but still lowest in 3rd (depending on monster)

when did i say 2x? Please quote for me
    What else would i put the points into? Heros will only has 1 just for...whatever....Monster Magnet was just extra SP (couldn't think of anything else worthwhile as a pure 2-H BW/Sword Page->WK->Pally, although i may switch around the build because there is a really good 1-h BW that is could be used end game, so i would put SP Into the blocking skill. I'll add this later) and Hero's will is only one...shouldn't that be OK?

working on it, i know there are multiple builds including Heaven's Hammer+Rush=Killing enemies like crazy (whats ToT) and using the Blast technique as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blub212212 View Post

working on it, i know there are multiple builds including Heaven's Hammer+Rush=Killing enemies like crazy (whats ToT) and using the Blast technique as well.
    Temple of Time, a new area that is heaven for Pally because almost all of the monsters there have some form of elemetal weakness.