Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tag Team Class?

Default Tag Team Class?

If there were going to be two characters who were going to train together from maybe level 1~85 or more or whatever, which two classes of maplestory can train together quickly and efficiently?
    They may also CPQ, LMPQ, and other PQs, probably the pyramid one and kerning clean up.

They can't be the same sub-class

-No Spearman with Speaman
    -Yes* Page with Speaman
    etc

Also, one of them will suck at maple
    Last edited by rasudoken; 30th May 2010 at 11:05 AM.
    by Cryopon

spearman with cleric is ...most used
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

Quote Originally Posted by blub212212 View Post
    spearman with cleric is ...most used
    I knew i'd hear this, but like what i said above, one of the duos will suck at maple, so it will be more difficult to train at the higher/popular training spots like MP3 or Himes. Also, I'm not sure if this would be quick and efficient training from 30~70.
    by Cryopon

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I'm not sure what you mean by "one of the duos will suck at maple". Is it supposed to be some sort of riddle or something?
    He's right though, Spearmen pair well with Clerics from early 2nd job on until 200. Each one has buffs the other needs. Clerics are good support classes, and Spearmen generally have the greatest need for support. Assuming old training standards (no auto-pots, funding, etc), Spearmen need a cleric to cheaply heal their HP. Because they are a warrior class, Blessing helps greatly. Clerics have a pretty high MP usage, and rarely rely on HP pots to survive. Ice/Lighting mages can freeze and FP mages can DoT to avoid heavy potting, but clerics get knocked around quite a bit while training. A 60% boost to HP and MP helps them focus on supporting the other member.
    From 30-120, a Spearman will be responsible for the majority of the killing. Clerics will excel when the party moves to low lvl heal-able mobs like Selkie/Slimy, but drops down a bit later. The Spearman can effectively deal mob and single damage while the cleric backs him up. Once the Dragon Knight can 100% hit himes, the two stay there until 4th job. The cleric provides HS, Door, Blessing, and Heal while the Dragon Knight lays down the damage. After 120, the Spearman becomes the "support" while the Cleric does most of the killing. The Dark Knight will keep the bottom skeles mobbed and give the Bishop HB. The HB becomes extremely important when Genning at skelegons. It allows the Bishop wiggle room in the delay between Gen and Heal, and saves hundreds of millions of mesos by 200. In return, the Dark Knight has an accelerated spawn down below, and decent exp from the bishop killing.

Generally speaking, solo training is better until around 80. HS changes this of course, as does an accelerated mob spawn.

Spoiler!

hermit + chief bandit
    hermits get the meso up skill while cb's get the meso drop skill, making ME a little more stronger.

Bow Master/Dual Blader/Battle Mage + Night Lord/Corsair (and a Page on the side)
    The first 3 all has attack buffs, and the mage also has def debuffs for enemies. Combined with a NL/Corsair, you can make a good bossing team. Alternatively, you could have all 3 BM, DB, Mage, and 3 NL's/Corsairs wit the Page on the side. The page will eventually have threaten switched from -20 def/acc/att on a monster to -20%.

IMO, of course

EDIT: forgot..

Any slow warrior + Buccaneer
    Slower weapons are typically stronger, but too slow to be efficient. Buccs speed infusion can help tho.
    Last edited by InTraining; 30th May 2010 at 03:43 AM.
    Spoiler!

|~Yookie~~~~~~~~lvl 6X Fiona~|~Murblox~~~~~~~~lvl 5X Lann~|~Schezerade~~~~~~lvl 6X Evie~|

When i said that one of the duos will suck, i mean that of the two people who are training together, one of them is not great at playing maplestory, like, they don't respond fast enough or don't buff enough even though they have the buff skills (like having sword booster and not using it).

Anyways, I'm not asking for a team in terms of long-term leveling, but maybe just to hit the peak level of 70 or 85.
    by Cryopon

ooo...kaay..

Cleric + Spearman but the spearman lets HB run out before casting again wasting HP/MP pots.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

If they suck that bad at playing maple, they probably shouldn't be on a computer...
    Maple isn't a difficult game to play, I don't really see where this scenario would play out. If they are that terrible at Maple, their first priority shouldn't be levels, it should be learning how to press hotkeys. It would be like playing an FPS game without using the mouse (or right joystick). There is no team duo to fix idiotic playing. It isn't like WoW where new players really do need to pick up reaction times and strategy. Maple is a simple RPG. Buff, attack the monster, pot, loot drops. Very few classes, with the exception of Aran or Pirate, require much expertise. It only gets truly complicated with skill builds and merchanting, but that doesn't have much to do with playing style.

I've tried to train with people like this several times. They constantly stop attacking to chat with their BL, or forget important buffs (like HS, HB, MW, etc). It gets frustrating to train with them, especially if they never listen or improve. At first, it won't matter too much, but eventually, they'll just quit or buy leech.

Spoiler!

You gotta be fast to chat. I can say quick things when blizzard is doing it's animation.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    You gotta be fast to chat. I can say quick things when blizzard is doing it's animation.
    But you have 4 seconds O_O that's a lot of time to chat
    by Cryopon