Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dexless unfunded brawler concerns/issues

Default Dexless unfunded brawler concerns/issues

First off, is a dexless brawler viable with no funding at all?
    Second, how difficult is it to actually gear one eventually? I know they are more common than Slingers but that doesn't affect availability of items (like if people NPC them more often than not.)

I'm thinking of making one for the event to come since for some reason I just can't handle the slowness of warriors in first/second job (and by slowness I don't mean training speed, they just seem clunky and slow.)

Dexless brawlers are amazing, because the get a HUGE Bonus from a Small amount of dex, They get two +20 Accuracy Passive buffs And every set of armor can EASILY be 100%'d for dex. (untill you get into Get into the higher levels where makering + 1/2 60's would be Key) You're going to want to plan on what your endgame weapon should be. Do this now so you have a set game plan to work by. Start Dexless and if you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO Add dex, Try to not go over 50 or you'll regret it later. Like a Certain Fati did.

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    Dexless brawlers are amazing, because the get a HUGE Bonus from a Small amount of dex, They get two +20 Accuracy Passive buffs And every set of armor can EASILY be 100%'d for dex. (untill you get into Get into the higher levels where makering + 1/2 60's would be Key) You're going to want to plan on what your endgame weapon should be. Do this now so you have a set game plan to work by. Start Dexless and if you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO Add dex, Try to not go over 50 or you'll regret it later. Like a Certain Fati did.
    I've got what I want to get planned out, namely a King Cent, but ofcourse if I could get another 20 odd dex I would go for a Dragon Claw, but I will most likely have to stick with a King.

Also, which of the 2 rings would be better? I was thinking the 3 WA one but I'm not sure in the long run.
    Last edited by LostZodiac; 14th June 2010 at 11:07 PM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Since a bucc will pretty much 1 hit anything when critting barrage (no matter the crits), I'd rather have an extra 5% chance of critting. Your passive crit is 60%, and the 10/10 ring would give you a 70% crit chance. 10/10 ring is best for Buccs, no doubt.

And yea, about the dex thing...You have no idea what type of gear you may be getting later on. In Yellonde, I had 54 base dex and a dex overall. A year later, in kradia, I got some insane dex gear (31 dex zhelm, 9 dex nose, maker skill, glasses, 12 dex earrings, etc). When I equipped my Bucc, he had WAY too much dex (around 140 total). In yellonde, I could barely equip a White Fang, and here I am with 20 dex more than a reverse. I fixed it by using Attack shoes, an attack belt, and a Str overall, but that's an expensive solution. I still have 3 too much dex (8 with MW20). Stay dexless until you have your end-game dex equips, or have a rough idea of what you want to be doing. The Maple Golden Claw gives 60 attack (just 10 below the White Fang, one of the most popular knuckles) 100 HP and 30 accuracy. This can easily last you until 120, especially if you stay at Himes.

Spoiler!

doesn't low-dex brawlers have more damage than dexless
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

Well, yes, but you can easily use a lvl 100+ weapon with 20 base dex. Until about 70-80, dexless will produce better damage. If I used a dex overall and shoes, I could go reverse with 20 base. Brawlers only need their lvl of dex, unlike Thieves.

Spoiler!

i just watched avideo of brawlers. they're....weak. it seems that way, going against what i thought.

http://www.basilmarket.com/MapleStor...aneer-243.html

good guide btw

That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

They're somewhat weak when it comes to single target damage, but are amazing at training during 2nd job. Their backspin blow and corkscrew allow them to maneuver throughout mobs effectively, especially when timed with Somersault kick.

Spoiler!

They're somewhat weak when it comes to single target damage, but are amazing at training during 2nd job. Their backspin blow and corkscrew allow them to maneuver throughout mobs effectively, especially when timed with Somersault kick.
    somewhat? It seems they are weakest adventurer (not sure about legends or KoC) DPS hitters in 4th job, especially w/o transform, which sadly doesn't last forever.
    perhaps weaker is shadower, thats about it.
    Last edited by blub212212; 15th June 2010 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blub212212 View Post
    somewhat? It seems they are weakest adventurer (not sure about legends or KoC) DPS hitters in 4th job, especially w/o transform, which sadly doesn't last forever.
    perhaps weaker is shadower, thats about it.
    From what I've seen, Pirates go effeciency over raw damage, I.E. Invinciblity frames in some of their skills.