Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A fresh look for HS.MapleSEA and HS.MapleGlobal

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by jonloh View Post
    Ah, okay. Understood now :P

As for the design, we are actually trying to make it as simple as possible to minimize the loading time on the theme. To me IMO the Maple Story website has way too many images which it can take quite some time to load, but they have to make it like that to attract players to sign up for the game. Where as HS main concern is the information provided to Maplers, but it seems the new design lack the look-and-feel as a MapleStory which was what you mentioned. That we will look into it and see how we are able to improve the 'look-and-feel' by adding prolly a few MS images in the design.

Other than that, I would like to say thank you to all who been giving great compliment on this new draft design, and also for providing your feedback and suggestion. I would still like to hear any more feedback or suggestion that we could work on before I work on the second draft design of this new site.

So, I opened the door for the cop-out and you took it. Guess I will move on to better interfaces with more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I'm quitting maple for good

Quote Originally Posted by StormBreaker View Post
    You win.

I usually avoid going on HS while my parents are behind me because...you know...that pic at the top. Now I realize that it actually helps the mood of the page, along with the other nice bright colors.
    What's wrong with the pic at the top?

Quote Originally Posted by Reignstorm View Post
    What's wrong with the pic at the top?
    The yeti looks like it's experiencing something that would warrant it a shy and blushing face. In SB's case, something sexual.
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    The yeti looks like it's experiencing something that would warrant it a shy and blushing face. In SB's case, something sexual.
    The pic at the top of the HS i go on is the cygnus knights. Am I missing something?

EDIT: oh, the fourm. *facepalm*

yeh, um, nvm

I've made some changes to the draft design, to add in abit more MapleStory graphics. Do check it out!

http://www.hidden-street.net/v2/index.html
    What to put here geh~

Certainly is prettier, but fundamentally the same. I like the Pink Bean and the sparkles in the top banner. There could be more sparkles. The icons on the left are colorful and inviting. The 300 x 250 Ad Banner captivates my heart.

In slightly unrelated news, I'd like to point out that I never understood the choices for the weapon icons:

I say at least make them all timeless pictures for consistence. Same goes for armor, etc. I suppose.

Anyway, the explorers in the bottom-right corner looks small and lonely. Then again it would seem barren without them.
    also darktheme darktheme darktheme darktheme darktheme darktheme darktheme darktheme darktheme darktheme

It looks pretty good.

I like this one better for some reason though. Im guessing those banners would be the ads?
    If not, the one at the top should be the cygnus knights again. <3

Again with this:

Perhaps it should be a list instead of a grid of icons, and like supalime said, make them Timeless equips or something else that remains consistent.

Also, instead of "Search for" just have it say "Search" or add the "..." after "for" so OCD people like me don't go nuts (capitalize your name Cloud3z!)
    Again, like I said earlier, the general text is too light of a gray.
    Dark theme. Dark theme. Dark theme. Dark theme. Dark theme. Dark theme. Dark theme. Dark theme.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    Again with this:

Perhaps it should be a list instead of a grid of icons, and like supalime said, make them Timeless equips or something else that remains consistent.

Also, instead of "Search for" just have it say "Search" or add the "..." after "for" so OCD people like me don't go nuts (capitalize your name Cloud3z!)
    Again, like I said earlier, the general text is too light of a gray.
    Dark theme. Dark theme. Dark theme. Dark theme. Dark theme. Dark theme. Dark theme. Dark theme.
    I think black text would be better.
    And it should be a list, maybe with a little picture next to it.

StormBreaker

I was obviously referring to the pic on the GMS Hidden Street page.