Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
League of Legends
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Legends

Hybrid View

Default League of Legends

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index

it's like dota

my ign is bumbaloe, add me

?????

stop trying

0 kills / 10 deaths / 1 assist

Drake

Poor man's HoN, noobie's DotA. Nuff said about this game, it's called LOL for a reason.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Banned

league of losers

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    Poor man's HoN, noobie's DotA. Nuff said about this game, it's called LOL for a reason.
    Yup.
    Graphics are actually worse than DotA, idk how that's possible.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

u mad u bad

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Yup.
    Graphics are actually worse than DotA, idk how that's possible.
    min specs = ???

No, Graphics are actually better than DotA, I have issues running it on my integrated GFX craptop.
    And agreeing with the DotA>LoL comments, but irl friends don't believe that. (Most of them sucked ass at DotA)
    Regardless, my username is Neothisis.

4 pages later, I still like this.

^Click!^

Eh What the hell.
    [x] 2nd Job [x] 3rd Job [ ] 4th Job [x] 100k [x] 1 mil
    [x] 5 mil [x] 10 mil [ ] ZRun

Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    Yes, but why not just make all champions free? Why not have all runes free?
    Why must one play for hours on end just to buy a third of a rune page?
    It draws people into the game since they have to play more to get an upper hand on an opponent. If there were no unlock system, then a lot less people would be playing. A unlock/reward system for playing the game has been a proven strategy for getting people to play the game more. Just look at EA's Battlefield series, the CoD series, TF2, etc. Even the most popular game on XFire, which is World of Warcraft, has some sort of unlock/reward system for playing more.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    I don't think this point was ever valid. But some heroes are hard-counters to others.

Kassadin will p much make any unprotected Karthus (or Annie or Lux or Morgana, etc) useless in team fights.
    First off, it was a response to this quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Cons
    -Certain heroes are extremely imbalanced, and are usually only countered by one hero (rather than STR/INT/AGI counter triangle)
    And yes, while there are champions that can drastically negate the effects of another champion, making the conclusion that they are useless is far from true. Each champion has their own abilities and roles in a team fight. Even an ineffective 5th player is a lot better than removing the 5th player and having a 4v5. Also, when you're talking about hard counters like the one Kassadin, it's really a hard crowd control. Many other champions have hard crowd control. Ashe's ultimate, Fiddlestick's fear, etc. etc. etc. Hard CC is built into the game and it's normal to take hard CC to be, well, separated from the rest of the team fight (maybe they do it because you've got too many kills, you're champion can do a lot of damage, or whatever). I've never heard any high ELO player say they refuse to play X champion because a hard CC shuts them down.

The unlock system is a turn off for me. Being an oldschool dota player and now a HoN player, I prefer to pick my hero and go into it with as much potential as anyone else. The whole rune system is a little too much, especially with the time it takes to get to level 30 and be able to fill your whole page with tier 3s. I like focusing more on item builds and teamplay strategies.

I agree with f50 about the whole counter thing. Some heroes DO counter others really well, but that's why you have 4 others on your team. If someone is giving you a hard time, there's bound to be some kind of crowd control that your team can use on that hero, leaving you to do what you need to.

As much as the game turns me away, I will always enjoy nuking people with Annie. She's an unstoppable farmer at middle when you keep last hitting creeps and getting your mana back. Though the cons outweigh the pros for me, so unless they at least do some hero balancing I'll probably stick to HoN.
    Last edited by Areks; 16th February 2011 at 12:25 AM.
    Mudkip 66 Lann