Thread: Too Much dex?

Default Too Much dex?

Uh, So I'm pretty positive that I've over-added dex, I have 150 with my zakum helmet on.
    and 214 accuracy.
    Is anyone's dex even supposed to be that high?
    Is my damage pretty much going to be crap because of this?

dex is high, too high
    try to get str equips
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

Most high Dex people cap around 70-80 Base, So yes, it's above average, But "Your damage" Won't go to hell because of it, People have this terrible misconception that the minute you have 5+ Dex your damage is instantly horrible and you're crap and will never amount to anything. This really isn't true, so if you were thinking about restarting I would not, specifically due to the time and money you already invested into it.

TL;DR: Your Dex is to high, but your damage will be fine, stop adding Dex, though.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 8th July 2010 at 07:59 AM.

StormBreaker

Get a ****load of str gear. It should fix you.

Having said you have +150 dex doesn't mean all too much. I'm assuming right now your BASE dex is about 120~? That is much too high. You are easily missing out on about 60-70 str while keeping your accuracy at the required amount. A warrior shouldn't ever need to go above 14x base accuracy at this current time. Keep in mind the Maple Karstan is your weapon of choice for a long while due to the "normal" speed that the weapon provides. If my memory serves, the accuracy boost is +35 on average. You could scroll a Karstan and use it into your early 100s if accuracy is your problem.
    Like I've stated before, Dex=/=accuracy. I'm pretty sure 1 dex is about equal to .6 accuracy (or something like that).
    However, if you are worried about your damage in comparison to others, it will fail to be in the same comparison tier as most other people unless you have plenty of fundings or plenty of pre-scrolled gear like most other people have. I would suggest you restart and try keeping your base dex at 30-50. This will be enough to equip your ultimate end-game weapon (Crimson Arcglaive) which requires 80 dex.
    If you think it will be too hard to lvl it up to 8x again while restarting, I don't think you will get much farther than mid-3rd job. Remember, the lvling curve only gets tougher and tougher, a little more practice in the easier levels will keep you interested in killing them monsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

i'm lvl 38 and i have like 67-69 in DEX so frm now on i need to put all my points in STR?

probably
    ithrow i think its .8 acc per dex
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

Quote Originally Posted by GalS View Post
    i'm lvl 38 and i have like 67-69 in DEX so frm now on i need to put all my points in STR?
    yeah bro your dex is hiiiighhh

bolt202/veil225/feint200

So my char ****ed or it will be okay? cuz the second here said the average is 70-80 so i have around 70.. so its okay? no? ;D
    and someone can explain me why if you're doing auto every level its giving you DEX but its not good? i mean.. what is wrong with the dex?
    if i make new aran.. from what lvl i should stop use the dex.. i mean.. its importent for eq

StormBreaker

Quote Originally Posted by GalS View Post
    So my char ****ed or it will be okay? cuz the second here said the average is 70-80 so i have around 70.. so its okay? no? ;D
    and someone can explain me why if you're doing auto every level its giving you DEX but its not good? i mean.. what is wrong with the dex?
    if i make new aran.. from what lvl i should stop use the dex.. i mean.. its importent for eq
    Your Dex is good. Just stop adding now and put everything into Str.